The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Fireworks, Fragrances & Fun

While doing the laundry...I am enjoying Can-Do's Banana Nut Bread...so yummy. cute.gif

Maggie, sorry to hear about the dud clamshell! Oh my...I don't think I've ever melted an entire clamshell at one time! Hope you don't have too many of those.

mpfand, enjoy that trip to Universal! How fun! Do they have rides?

Gail, [smilie=th_5337c1ad] Back at Ya!!! [smilie=th_biqazm1] [smilie=th_slider_brent]

One of my BFF was passing through with her daughter on their way home to Canada. I brought out my boxes of stash and told them "It's time to go shopping at Kim's stash" They were awe struck at all of the tarts, B & B perfumes,soaps. We sure had a great time and I hope they enjoy their goodies that they are taking across the border with them. This afternoon I am melting a new vendor for me County Line Candles-Cowboy.. The tarts smell really good and is just the kind of scent I was into for today. I think this is going to be another great company as they are very nicely scented. Kinda reminds me of Southern Star Scents. Have a great weekend y'all.

This afternoon, ScentSationals Oatmeal Cookie. I just got this one today, so just trying it out. All I can smell at the present is the heavy scent of toasted sesame oil from my husband's lunch. I hope the Oatmeal Cookie will overwhelm it soon....

Katz, how cool that "Kim's Stash" has gone international! :D Sounds like such fun!

Aria, I won't be jealous for long. I'll be enjoying the distinct pleasure of laundry tomorrow. Aren't we the lucky ducks though? [smilie=th_laughing]

It's humid and cloudy in the desert today. Thunder boomers are starting up. I like thunder but I always feel bad for the critters, who so often are skeered.

Melting the TOTALLY DIVINE Vanilla Voo Doo from LSC this afternoon.

Gail

Mpfand, have a complete blast at Universal! I haven't been there in years, but you're sure to enjoy yourselves!

Gail

Thanks, Gail! We're going to try to make it to the Walk of Fame, too. Maybe I'll finally spot a celebrity! :D

mpfand, enjoy that trip to Universal! How fun! Do they have rides?

Thanks, Aria! They do have rides and shows, too. I read about a scary mummy roller coast ride and some others that look terrifying and thrilling! [smilie=th_insane]

Happy Saturday!

Just got home and threw on Pink Blues-CFTKR

Wood Coffee-PFS

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend so far.

Blueberry Lemon Supreme from Oh Soy Sweet

Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from WAHM...put them both on about 20 minutes ago and they are throwing great! YUM!

Well, sad to say but even with the entire clam going at once...very little throw.

MaggieMae - TY for the update. I'm hoping OMG can come up with a scent/wax combo that makes em stronger. I sure hope some others in your order do better for U. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

It's humid and cloudy in the desert today. Thunder boomers are starting up.

Puppy - that's pretty rare in the desert, isn't it? I was curious what you considered 'humid', so saw your dew point is 66 degrees. :( Any dew point 65 and above, we really begin to feel the humidity. Hope it doesn't last long 4 U. [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Mpfand - have fun at Universal! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr Your family will remember all the fun you've had this summer for a long time.

My afternoon melt was CFTKR's Lemon Summer Cake. The cold sniff was wonderful and it didn't disappoint when melted - it was [smilie=th_fabulous1] ! Our dew point has been in the 70's lately :wacko: , but has been falling into the 60's today, so am celebrating [smilie=th_dancing_smile] by melting something 'fallish'... just put on Carol's Pumpkin Creme Brulee.

Have a good evening all! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Recent melts have been:

WAHM grape jelly beans-Weak throw and no joke it smelled like vomit in the kids room.

WAHM loopy noel-also very weak throw

WAHM blueberry cheesecake icecream-smells very spicey for a cheesecake

LSC-cherry marshmellow

Scentsy-oats and honey

YC-burning country lemonade

CCC-pink devotion

CCC-fresh lemon slices,a little too cleaner smelling for me.

My WAHM tart cups are melting just like the LSC ones are.

Ending my evening with a candle from Bath&Body Works. Its Cotton Candy and I am totally IN LOVE with this candle. I know it wasn't a big seller, but I will miss it and sorry I don't have another back up. I guess it wasn't strong enough for some, but its perfect for me. BBW candles are just beautiful but can be tricky with the wicks. These are burning very low and almost seem like they want to go out. Never trim the wicks on a BBW candle....big NO NO. I may soak of some of the wax with a paper towel tomorrow. That always seems to help it . I think they start off with the wicks too short....IDK. Anyway, this scent is a keeper for me. Perfect Cotton Candy sweetness with just a hint of something extra girly and pretty in there.

[smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]Night everyone, don't forget to blow all your candles out.............:)

I've always had trouble with B&BW candles too. Does'nt matter what size of their candle it is,bad luck. And yes I agree never trim the wicks.

Added...Sour Cream Spice Cake from Carol...smells a lot like a ZB type scent.

Adding this to my must try list from Carol.

LSC Watermelon Herb today. Also tried to burn my SH candle in Lemon Poppyseed Muffin. I have such bad luck trimming the wicks to the right length with my two paraffin SH candles. Either they soot or the wick is just barely lit and almost drowns. Usually I end up over-trimming them and then pouring out some of the excess wax into my melter, which is fine, but I've done this so many times the candle is getting used up just from that. I'm not saying it's a bad product, but I don't think those zinc core wicks are for me.

Thank you for your review on the SH candles you have been burning. I think I might just steer clear of them. My eyes have been drawn to the fruit loops one but I don't want to buy wick problems. They don't get along with me at all.lol

This pink devotion of Deana's is just great. Smells so devine Love it,will get a bag of this one for sure.

Evening all, and Hiya, Puppy Love - nope, it didn't rain at all last night. It was dark and gloomy all day, too - couldn't believe it never rained as predicted :lol: Regardless, low humidity today, and it was gorgeous despite high temps. Same for tomorrow - I'll be at work from 1-10:30pm, so I don't care about Sunday weather :lol:

Tonite's melts:

CFTKR Stonehenge in the living room. Forgot it was an Archipelago dupe - nice and sorta cologne-y - really like it!

Cheryl's Red Currant in the bathroom

Backroad Hobbies Blue Agave in the bedroom

Have a swell rest of your night! :)

Good morning... [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

I pretty much picked a random tart from my stash this morning...Pumpkin Cheesecake from Carol. This is a new one for me...cold sniff is good.

Hope everyone has a super Sunday! thEmoticon-GrillingBBQ.gif

So long, July.

[smilie=th_thwhatshesaid] Shoo. Go away. Ba...bye. [smilie=th_wave] I went in with good intentions & have been trying to enjoy summer. So far, I've only managed to endure it. :wacko: Here's hoping for August... [smilie=th_aa17]

I'm melting LSC's Cinnamon Chai Latte. Delicious! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Aria~ I did a random grab this morning too! Lovin' you little bar-b-q emotie!!! CUTE!!!

Ended up with:

CCCC- Zucchini Drop Cookies

Country Home Scents- Mom's Apple Pie

WAHM's Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is still going STRONG in the FR...about 17 hours!

ilove- Hope you other WAHM stuff does better for you...I am enjoying mine...my Blueberry Cheesecake IC doesn't smell spicey...I wonder what happened to yours? Maybe some oil leakage... [smilie=th_idontknow]

She- Love the Stonehenge!

Thank you for your review on the SH candles you have been burning. I think I might just steer clear of them. My eyes have been drawn to the fruit loops one but I don't want to buy wick problems. They don't get along with me at all.lol

iloveyummysmells, I know that others here have had no problems with SH wicks...I think it might be because I'm used to trimming my Yankee wicks VERY short and then that doesn't work with the zinc core kind. I wouldn't say it's a flaw in the SH product, but just user compatibility. I just have trouble getting the wicks the right length because of the other candles I use.

Lately I've been melting Orchid Lake Mimosa & Mandarin, although I could only smell it when I shoved my nose right up to the melter, so I switched it out for another vendor's Juniper Breeze. LSC Cinnamon French Toast is up next.

P.S. Aria, I LOVE the Hoops & YoYo emoticon you used! Where did you find it?

Aria~ I did a random grab this morning too! Lovin' you little bar-b-q emotie!!! CUTE!!!

Ended up with:

CCCC- Zucchini Drop Cookies

Country Home Scents- Mom's Apple Pie

WAHM's Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is still going STRONG in the FR...about 17 hours!

ilove- Hope you other WAHM stuff does better for you...I am enjoying mine...my Blueberry Cheesecake IC doesn't smell spicey...I wonder what happened to yours? Maybe some oil leakage... [smilie=th_idontknow]

She- Love the Stonehenge!

I am about to give up on this vendor. Seriously,the some of the scents are just interesting,almost like no consistancy. Like with CCC I know anything I order from Deana I will love and if there is something that is just awfull(like cupa chai),its not a scent I like. Meaning its just not for me. Where as WAHM they are just off or something. Melters are still in the same locations as when I burn other brands.

iloveyummysmells, I know that others here have had no problems with SH wicks...I think it might be because I'm used to trimming my Yankee wicks VERY short and then that doesn't work with the zinc core kind. I wouldn't say it's a flaw in the SH product, but just user compatibility. I just have trouble getting the wicks the right length because of the other candles I use.

Lately I've been melting Orchid Lake Mimosa & Mandarin, although I could only smell it when I shoved my nose right up to the melter, so I switched it out for another vendor's Juniper Breeze. LSC Cinnamon French Toast is up next.

P.S. Aria, I LOVE the Hoops & YoYo emoticon you used! Where did you find it?

well I was one that kept asking for a sale over and over again,but I think I will still stick to the fact that I don't need to order and they have issues. I don't want to be tempted to order,when I got a boat load of wax here to use up. Interesting thing about trimming your YC short. With mine,I have to use an illuma lid and keep the wicks long to get a full deep melt pool.interesting stuff.

Hi guys,

Today I am burning my YC Orange Dreamsicle and nothing else. I am very very pleased with this YC candle and would buy it again. Its hot and I am staying IN and catching u on laundry. Hope you all are staying cool and having a fantastic weekend.