The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

MaggieMae

Care to Share Some Photos?

This is from a conversation that was going on in the Games section but I figured I'd move it here where it can hide...LOL I just got this camera and I'm still trying to figure out how to use it properly...

The first one is a morning shot of our pear tree that is loosing it's blooms....I was playing with shadows on the leaves. I wish I caught it when it was in full bloom. [smilie=th_sign0164]

45bd8636.jpg

The next shot is this past winter. I caught the sky just as the sun was setting after a really big snowfall. Sorry about the date in the bottom corner.

c14216c9.jpg

Here's one I took this winter of a deer behind out house...you can see she is wondering what I am doing! LOL Isn't she just beautiful?

bc598a6a.jpg

These are fantastic, Maggiemae. You've got a good camera eye. Great thread idea. I like to see different views of the world.

Such beautiful shots Maggie. I like taking pictures but I'm not that great at it. Thanks for the great thread idea. The deer photo reminds me of the woods behind my childhood home. I miss this the most living in the city.

Here are two of my favorite shots from last spring.

IMG_0347.jpg

This was a night at the fair. The weather was unreliable so there weren't many people around.

IMG_1111.jpg

I must have snapped 20 shots of these pelicans that morning, but only this one picture turned out the way I'd hoped.

Great shots Jules! I love that there are no people sitting at the games...it makes it so interesting! And I have never seen real pelicans before...I only know what I see on Finding Nemo..LOL. How cool your action shot is!!

Such beautiful shots Maggie. I like taking pictures but I'm not that great at it. Thanks for the great thread idea. The deer photo reminds me of the woods behind my childhood home. I miss this the most living in the city.

Thanks Katz...that was my big request at each of our homes...It just HAD to have woods behind it! [smilie=yes] You should post some shots that you like!

Good thread idea...luv seeing everyone's pics! [smilie=th_popcorm1] I really need to get a digital camera. What type/brand camera's do ya'll like to use?

I have a Canon SX130IS but I'm dreaming of a Canon EOS digital...they only cost a couple thousand.... [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big]

Thanks. I use a little Canon PowerShot A1100IS. It's a pocket digital. No big lenses here, although I wouldn't turn down that EOS.

Oooo, EXCITING! Thanks for starting this thread, Maggie. Your photos are gorgeous! I love the play of the light and shadow on your pear tree, and the one of the snow is breathtaking! How cool that you captured a photo of the deer!

Jules, yours are fabulous too! How creative of you to take of the game booth. So interesting and colorful! That action shot of the pelicans is awesome!

Sweet and all, I have an Olympus SP-51OUZ. I know absolutely nothing about cameras, except that this one has an "auto" function which enables ME to function as a photographer. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] I especially like using this one because my DH says its old so I can trudge across streams and over hills and valleys without worrying about it.

Here's a shot of the nearby 800 acre regional park, where I go with my dog at least once a week.

P4215522.jpg

Here's some beautiful and really fragrant fields of lavender near San Diego.

AGoodShotoftheFields.jpg

And here's a large (18" x 18" or so) birdhouse in an ancient oak. It's in Malibu Canyon on now public land that used to be part of Ronald Reagan's ranch.

P3112192.jpg

Gail

I love your pictures Gail!!! How beautiful! I love the little stream in your first picture and the day looks gorgeous! I can see why you'd go there weekly!!! The lavendar is amazing with the mountains in the background...breathtaking! And that birdhouse is so BIG! Thanks for sharing your terrific pictures!!! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Wow, I was looking for the place to post a funny tart-related story when I saw this thread! Hopefully I will resurrect it by posting in it, I'd LOVE to see more photos from Candlefind friends. I'll start with a couple of photos of my dogs (not photographically spectacular, just cute poses)

Here are 2 of my *mutts*, Teeni and Tucker:

TeeniandTucker.jpg

and here's a close-up:

TeeniandTuckerCloseupPaws.jpg

Here are my 2 greyhounds, joined at the hip:

Puttingtheirheadstogether2.jpg

and putting their heads together:

Puttingtheirheadstogether1.jpg

(Tippi is the brindle and Rocky is white)

And can't forget my labs. This is Bear (chocolate) and Bo (yellow)

07042011571.jpg

and I swear, I don't pose them like this:

07052011573.jpg

The really kewl thing about these photos is that, while I've had Bo since he was a puppy, Bear came to me at 6 or 7 years of age, a solitary yard-kept dog who was badly neglected. He was NOT friendly at all to my other dogs, totally unsocialized. I've had him over a year now, and he's changed a lot!

[apologies for the bad quality phone photos]

[smilie=th_slider_flirt] Oh I love your little fur babies!!! They are so cute!!! You certainly have a full house!!! I only have one and she keeps me on my toes! :)

I got a couple of photos from my trip to the orchard a couple weeks ago...finally getting around to downloading... [smilie=th_pardon] It was such a beautiful day!! I just love the cloud formations of Fall!

73008653.jpg2a6f1c02.jpg

b7e373ae.jpg18a42bc7.jpgThe last is one that my DD shot as we were leaving...I love it! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.