The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

April Fools for Fragrance

I'm starting the day with OMG's 'Carrot Cake' melting in the livingroom, and the aroma of sweet, lovely coffee in my hand. Mmmm.

Can't believe I've never tried a coffee scented tart. I always get scared off by the coffee blends - I see a lot of 'mocha' and 'hazelnut latte' etc. Does anyone have a favorite 'coffee w/ cream and sugar' scented tart? Even coffee and vanilla or caramel would be great, but absolutely no nutty notes or chocolate. Any suggestions?

Good morn everyone. Today I'm melting: Cyprus Fig by Bridewater candle co. I also have blackberry crisp by crosscreek, going. Hope you have a great Sunday.

Is anyone else having problems with the 'mutiquote' feature? Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Puppy - Hello Sugar's A-ok with me. I didn't think it was a bakery scent, but everyone's nose is SO different... You might like Deana's Fresh Lemon Slices..

Sweet, so far I haven't had trouble with "multiquote." Thanks for the tip on Fresh Lemon Slices. Sounds nice! Deana's description of Hello Sugar says, "A fun flirty type lemon with a bit of baked crust mixed in." So I have no one to blame but me. [smilie=th_paper-bag]

... everything is returning to normal (whatever that is!!!)

I'm so glad to hear that, Lynn! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

... I have confidence in anything from Donna.

Amen, sista! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I'm melting LSC Cranberry Marmalade. Not quite as strong as I was expecting, but oh so yummo! [smilie=th_LOVE]

eta: Given more time, Cranberry Marmalade is lots stronger now. I tend to think that once all the wax is melted, what you have in scent throw is what you get. I need to learn that that's not necessarily so. Sometimes it takes a little longer than that...

Gail

My hubby ran out for fresh blueberry muffins to have with our morning coffee so in honor of that, I am remelting Orchid Lakes's Blueberry Cobbler and also melting CCS Maple Buttery Syrup, very true to scent.

I think melting the Blueberry Cobbler last night is what inspired the real blueberry muffin run this morning. They were delicious.

Have a great Sunday!

Ellie

Very high winds here today and it is over 80 which is nuts for us in early April--oh well, better than the dreary cold we've been having. For this afternoon it is Village Coconut Milk and Lime, Yankee Lime in the Coconut swirl and BBW Sparkling Mojito. Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

Does anyone have a favorite 'coffee w/ cream and sugar' scented tart? Even coffee and vanilla or caramel would be great, but absolutely no nutty notes or chocolate. Any suggestions?

Jedda - haven't had it in a while, but I really liked Country Chunkie's Vanilla Latte. :wub: I try and always have Nene's Gingerbread Latte on hand, too -SO good! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] If you're familiar with a Honey Gingerbread scent it's a lot like that, but with a little coffee to it. FP has quite a few coffee blends. I just got a few to try, haven't melted any yet. Their Coffee & Cookies might be one to try. YC has Cafe O Lait, but (to me) wasn't very strong.

Just put on FP's Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding.

Today I'm melting LSC Brown Sugar Nut Cake and burning SH Honey Graham Cracker Supreme. Smells yummy in here.

[smilie=th_hello]

Today I'm melting CFTKR Settlers Harvest Bread and it's a yummy one!

Maggie-I love CCCC Zucchini Strudel Bars too! It's one of my favorites from Deana!

Enjoy the evening everyone

Burning a YC sun and sand lg.jar.....not much coming from this one either. I guess this one is going back too. :(

Burning a YC sun and sand lg.jar.....not much coming from this one either. I guess this one is going back too. :(

I have bought from the outlets quite a few times. For the most part I have had great luck with what I purchased. When I have returned to the YC store I was told that the reason some of the candles are sold at the outlet is because they were not first quality or discontinued scents. The salesperson said there could be not enough fragrance oil, wrong color wax, or even a defect in the way they were poured. Try returning them if you are unhappy and you might have better luck with the next batch.

Time to relax. I have been out all day. Melting CCCC Vanilla de Bomb. Not much throw on this one. Burning YC Tutti Frutti (very strong!), YC Vanilla Cupcake (not much throw at all) and also YC Candy Hearts (nice throw).

Jedda - haven't had it in a while, but I really liked Country Chunkie's Vanilla Latte. :wub: I try and always have Nene's Gingerbread Latte on hand, too -SO good! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] If you're familiar with a Honey Gingerbread scent it's a lot like that, but with a little coffee to it. FP has quite a few coffee blends. I just got a few to try, haven't melted any yet. Their Coffee & Cookies might be one to try. YC has Cafe O Lait, but (to me) wasn't very strong.

Just put on FP's Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm planning a FP order for this month, so I may have to squeeze in a few coffee blends from them.

Hi!

CFTKR Tarts:

Strawberry Cheesecake

Iced Sugar Cookie

Candles:

Spring Days votive - YC

Blueberry jar - YC

Getting ready to head to bed as soon as the laundry is dry! [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Burning Sugar & Spice Cake Batter Ice Cream candle and melting County Line Pink Sugared Cherries!

Good night and sweet smelling dreams!

Lynn

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm planning a FP order for this month, so I may have to squeeze in a few coffee blends from them.

Also check out Pink Flower Scents. They have several coffee scents. I had a candle tin in Coffee with Cream & Sugar that I thought was very good.

The best scents going today were:

CCCC - Cinnamon Roll (an absolute favorite)

Sugar & Spice Candles - Pumpkin Pancakes, Sugar Cookie Dough Bread (very good but short-lived), Apple Zucchini Bread, Apple Turnover, Caramel Apple, Caramel Praline Zucchini Bread

Goodnight!

My favorite scent today that I still have going strong is Cucumber Salsa (a sample that came with my LOL package). So unique that I'm not sure what category of scents it would be in. I sure love it! Has anyone else tried this one?

Have a good night everyone. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Also check out Pink Flower Scents. They have several coffee scents.

I've had hit or miss success with their tarts. The bakery scents that I've tried have had NO throw in my house (with the exception of her banana bread, which I love), although other folks swear by them. I do love her fruity scents and her PS blends - my favorites are Pink Sweet Orange and Pink Incense. Good to know that her coffee scents are good too!

(I've just got to mention what a joy it is to do business with Vera and Chuck. PFS has fantastic customer service!)

I'm not melting anything yet, since I'm about to leave for a while.