The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

April Fools for Fragrance

Starting April out with BBW's Pineapple Orchid and Mainstays Vanilla.

Lynn--what wonderful news for your daughter. Now to get your DIL through her transplant and maybe your family can start to relax and enjoy the summer. Prayers will stay with you all.

YAY Gail - great thread title!

I decided to stop burning tarts and leave this forum.

So, no report from me.

All this wax is a waste of money.

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

april-fools-day03.gif

Great title!

I'm starting the day with a re-melt of BRH 'Pomegranate Citrus.' I love it - I melted it for about four hours last night, and it is still fairly strong. This is from ONE small heart melt! I also just love the scent. It isn't specifically one fruit or the other, instead to my nose it is just a lovely strong tart/sweet fruity scent. You know the smell that fills your nose when you dump a packet of powdered red jello into a bowl? That is what BRH's 'pomegranate citrus' smells like to me.

Happy April!

Melting a new one from Carol...Brown Sugar Sunshine...a nice bakery scent with a sweet touch of brown sugar.

Congrats on the thread title Gail! :)

Too Funny Laurie...you got me! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Melting:

Pink Sands from YC

Have a good one and April Fools! [smilie=th_smilies-1]

This morning's melts are

Strudel and Spice-Crabby Candle

Candied Apple-Cozy Cottage

Strawberry Shortcake-Bay Laurels

Have a great day everyone...

[smilie=thank_you] re the thread title, ladies. We all definitely aren't foolish, but we sure are fools for fragrance - and we like it that way! [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

Laurie, you're hysterical! [smilie=th_thlaughter]

I'm melting CCCC Hello Sugar. Not fond of this one but it's my own fault, certainly not Deana's. I ordered it myself but apparently didn't read the scent description carefully enough. It's got a bakery element. [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

Gail, so forlorn, so overly dramatic

[smilie=th_lol22] Laurie: Too funny girl...

Mimi: great news and prayer is powerful...

Today is my Tipper's 20th birthday..I think he needs an extra special treat!! [smilie=th_catkiss]

DH will be home after lunch to commence laying the tile in the kitchen area..My fridge will be in my LR until the new one comes in next week...Also a trip to Kohl's today to use my 30% coupon before it expires.

This morning I am melting LSC-White Witch-it's just my kind of scent...

Have a great weekend y'all...

Laurie- [smilie=th_lmao-1] You had me going there for a minute!

Starting April off with CamuCamu from Scentsy. We're supposed to hit 90 today! :o By Sunday we'll back to average; 60's or low 70's.

Good morning!

Melting a mixture of Strawberry Cookies and Vanilla Bean Noel from FP...it's really heaven :wub: FP Vanilla Bean Noel, to my nose, is not the typical VBN, I can't put my finger on it. I LOVE VBN and this one is just a bit weak, so since i have a four-pack, i'm mixing with my other scents, and it adds a nice kick [smilie=yes]

Puppylove, i adore Hello Sugar from Deana...are you looking for a straight-up lemon? I'm such a sucker for bakery lemon scents. Straight up lemon is a bit too strong/citrusy for me. Sorry you ordered the wrong one, that happens to me too many times!

Ooopsy...I think I posted in March's thread.

DH already got me on an April Fool's joke. He has to send someone from his team to the Qatar. I told him that by no means is he to go with all of the instability in the middle east. Yesterday he was told that he is going to the UK instead. This morning he comes in a tells me that he has to go to Saudi Arabia for 2 weeks. I nearly flipped my lid. I was going on and on about how he could be so irresponsible and do this. What if something happens...blah blah blah for like 5 minutes. Then he started laughing and said, "April Fools! I just bought my ticket to go to the UK." He really got me good.

Tarts from Carol:

Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti

Apple Flapjack

Mango Papaya

Blueberry Cream

Candles:

Spring Days votive - YC (not my kind of scent for for $1 worth a try)

Key Lime Pie tealight - YC

Blueberry jar - YC

Easter Egg Hunt jar - YC

Katz, a great big [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d to your Kipper! I hope his day is wonderful and special!

Nygal, I wish I did, but I so do not like bakery. [smilie=th_roll] Thanks for your sweet reply. I wasn't particularly looking for lemon, just a sweet sugary scent. DH came in and said, "Are you cooking fish for the dog?" Welllll, that did it! [smilie=th_puke]

LLVV, that's such a cute April Fools joke your DH did. Shame on him for scarin' ya though. [smilie=th_sml29] I'm glad he's going to the UK. You must be really relieved!

I had to run out for groceries. When I came back, dragging in multiple bags, I said to DH (who's as much of a tightwad as I am), "They had such a deal on popcorn I bought 50 bucks worth." His reply was something like, " [smilie=th_thConfus_55] [smilie=th_sSig_what] [smilie=th_gif] ." Got the picture?? I let him carry on for awhile, stew for a few minutes, question my sanity a bit. Then I pulled out the April Fools surprise and man, did we laugh! [smilie=th_slider_brent]

I'm melting FM Caribbean Queen and I must say, it deserves a big ol' solid gold crown! [smilie=th_hema1]

Gail

Happy April Fools Day!!

I can't believe its April already. Five more weeks and my DD will be home from college. Its so hard to believe that school will be almost over. It still feels like winter here.

Melting AMS Sea Salt Caramels. I have to pick my mom up from dialysis in a bit and then I will burn my Slatkin Salty Caramel candle when I get back.

Melting YC Kiwi Berries here. It's all right.

Listening to music and trying to pick some out for my dissertation. This will probably take a long time.

Hi!

I'm home from BBB. I wanted to try out their tealights. They look different than the other cheap ones that I'm used to. I have one of them burning right now so I can test out the quality. It's nice that they are made in the USA. Most are imported.

Katz - Happy 20th to your kitty!

DH and I are planning on Pay Per Viewing Black Swan after DD goes to bed.

Katz - happy birthday to dear Tippy! [smilie=th_catkiss]

At first I had LS Gyngerbrede Supreme on the melter. Luv their tarts, but that scent wasn't for me, didn't smell like GB to me, so out it went. Changed to CFTKR's Holiday Hugs. Yesssss....perfect! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

[smilie=th_bb20]

Threw in Vamp Vogue-Cozy Cottage

Grape Expectations-LOL

for the evening.

Hope you all have a great night and a good weekend.

Livingroom- YC Pink Sands

Kitchen- YC Sun & Sand

Bedroom- Haley's Pink Fruity Fruit (This one is yummy and STRONG on the citrus. Very energizing!)

Gail - fish for the dog? That is hysterical.

Trep - that mint scent is my fa-vo-rite. I bought about a zillion of the tarts, too. I like the way it finishes - it really smells like the real deal.

Tonight is YC Blue Hydrangea.

Today's melts:

Energize from Sugar & Spice

White Sands from Scentsy

Harvest Moon from Grandma's Homebrew (last of my stash)

and

Early Sunrise from CFTKR

[smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Goodnight all you April Fools!