The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
jedda

Favorite 'day at the beach' scent?

I'm looking for a tart with the perfect 'day at the beach' scent. (Not just sunscreen, but salty ocean air, too.)

Etail or retail is fine. I love YC Home Classics 'Beach Party' but I can't find it in tarts.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Ooooh, you are describing my absolute favorite memory smell.

I'm a HUGE Sun and Sand fan (Yankee + all the dupes), but that is pretty "sunscreeny".

A lot of the "beachy named" scents I've tried are either on the floral or clean side . . .

the truest "ocean air" type I've melted so far is probably

BEACH FRONT from Nene's. It was quite different from the other "ocean/beach/sea" scents I always go for, and it took me awhile to place that it was more authentic to the smell of the breeze off the ocean.

I do have quite a few along that line that I have only smelled on "cold sniff" so I can't say how they melt. I'll look thru my stash and edit/post those below.

hope_this_helps.gif

CrossCreek and CanDo both have

SALTY SEA AIR

both are quite similar to each other on the cold sniff

I will list a few of my favorites just off the top of my head:

AMS:

Beach (perfect blend of water and beach!)

Fun In the Sun

YC:

Sun & Sand

Ocean

CBV:

Salty Sea Air

Neptune's Oasis

[smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Thank you both for the suggestions. I keep running into beachy-named scents that are really floral blends, and that doesn't scream 'beach' to me.

I think I'll add 'salty sea air' to one of my next orders, and then just add a piece of 'sun snd sand' to the warmer with it.

My absolute favorite beach scent was Bay Breeze from YC. I don't think they still make it so I am hoarding my last big jar. I also like YCs Beach walk and Bahama Breeze. Bahama Breeze is more fruity than beachy but it still screams summer and the beach to me.

Debbie

My absolute favorite beach scent was Bay Breeze from YC. I don't think they still make it so I am hoarding my last big jar. I also like YCs Beach walk and Bahama Breeze. Bahama Breeze is more fruity than beachy but it still screams summer and the beach to me.

Debbie

Hey Debbie,

I took a quick peek on eBay and there's some floatin' around there.

just sayin'

I am heading to the YC outlet tomorrow. I am searching for Happy Easter. I am keeping my fingers crossed for more Bay Breeze too. I'll report back any good findings!

Debbie

Just back from the YC outlet. No bay breeze to be had but I did get Happy Easter and Chocolate Bunnies. The salesgirl said the Happy Easter is biscotti. It smells wonderful cold! I think I'll save it burn in April if I can hold out that long!

Debbie

Just back from the YC outlet. No bay breeze to be had but I did get Happy Easter and Chocolate Bunnies. The salesgirl said the Happy Easter is biscotti. It smells wonderful cold! I think I'll save it burn in April if I can hold out that long!

Debbie

How is the Chocolate Bunnies? I never have success with etailer chocolate scents- they always smell like plasic to my nose.

I'm a huge chocoholic, so I'd love to find a true cocoa scent.

I haven't burned it yet but on cold sniff I think it's good. I'm not a huge chocolate fan either but I couldn't resist the adorable label. It seems a mild chocolate scent to me. More like milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate, if that makes sense. I'll let you know how it does when I start it.

Debbie

I'm taking notes. Y'all know your beachy scents. I've always liked YC Ocean Water but it's not a complete beach experience scent. Maybe if it were blended with CBV - Jimmy Buffet scent.