The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The Melts go Marching One by One - Hurrah, Hurrah!

Hi friends!! [smilie=th_sHellobar]

I am at work, so no melting. We did make it thru the funeral with no "Jerry Springer moments"!! [smilie=th_tease-1] Never know with some of DH's family. Some of the grandchildren were wanting some of the nuttiest songs played and my youngest son told them, "Why don't we just go ahead and play the "Mississippi Squirrel Revival"?

That shut them up! LOL!

Actually, the service was beautiful, but it was graveside and, of course, it rained and was very chilly.

Think I am going candle shopping this afternoon, just for a little treat for myself! Not sure if I will pick up a Morenci or a Swan Creek candle. Need a little pick-me-up!!

DD and her fiance arrived safely in NYC this morning. She will go to the hospital today and have her blood work and scans, then she sees her oncologist tomorrow. They are staying a couple of days extra to just try to have some fun. They have tickets to the David Letteman show. They will come back to Tx. on Sat, which is her 34th bday! Please continue to pray! [smilie=th_teks0311]

Hugs,

Lynn

I don't know your dd's situation but wanted to let you know that I'll be praying for her.

Oh and Im melting Sweet Pea & Vanilla & Groovy Grapefruit from Scentsy tonight.

I placed an order from Creekside on Monday & it's being shipped already! Shes got the best cs,sooo nice. I also placed an order from Tuscaderos & have heard nothing from them.

I'm pooped. [smilie=th_smiley-yawn]

Melted Earlier:

Lemon Pound Cake from Crosscreek...actually a bit too strong for me.

Melting Now:

Stuffed Jelly Beans from Crosscreek...perfect.

Upstairs:

Patchouli Amber from Soy Breeze... really nice.

I'm melting Sugared Vanilla Shortbread from LSC. This wax works really well in my Scentsy warmers and this scent is soo yummy!

Hi All!

I'm pretty much melting and burning what I was this afternoon.

Jedda - Everyone's noses are different which is why the world needs so many scents. I find that citrus scents are tricky for me. I either love them or hate them. For some reason I can't burn a lemon, grapefruit, or orange candle. They all smell like fuel when burning to me. I'm sure you'll find your perfect scent and when you do you'll be in heaven. What kind of burner are you using? Electric and if so how many watts? Tea light and if so is it doing a good job at melting the tarts? Tart burners are finiky things to deal with. Many on here have had great luck with the electric 24 watt ones that are widely available online. Many have problems with Yankee's electruc burners, especially myself. I have heard good things about Yankees more recent electric burners but I can't really comment since I tried one years ago. I think it was 12 or 14 watts. Right now I switch between the electric 24 watt ones and Yankee's tea light burners. How hot a burner gets can change how the scent smells. Sometimes when I put a cinnamon tart in my tealight burner, my sinuses feel like they are burning yet the same scent in my electric burner will smell perfect.

Mimilu - if your DIL is up to it and enjoys Italian food, she should check out Eataly. It's a huge Italian food market owned by Mario Batali. I haven't been there yet but my DH has as he works in Manhattan. They have various places to eat within the market. He said the food is amazing. Tell her to try and stay away from eating in Times Square. It's a tourist trap and Manhattan has much better restaurants elsewhere in the City. Is she having the procedure done at Sloan, NYU, or Columbia-Pres? All are in different neighborhoods. Does she have any children? If she has a young girl, see if she can bring her to FAO Schwartz. They let the girls make their own Barbie dolls. It's a ton of fun and when the Barbie is put together she comes out on a runway. One of the stores workers announces the new Barbie while it is on the catwalk. Tons of fun! The cost isn't crazy either considering its a designer Barbie at FAO Schwartz. It's a little bit more than your Toys R Us Barbie but the experience is worth the price. FAO is on 5th Ave (along with other very nice stores). I think Eatly is on Madison but I'm not 100% sure on that. DH said it is next door to his office so that is why I'm saying Madison Ave. I hope she gets to enjoy herself before the bone marrow transplant. If you need any help about places to go just ask.

Hi All!

I'm pretty much melting and burning what I was this afternoon.

Jedda - Everyone's noses are different which is why the world needs so many scents. I find that citrus scents are tricky for me. I either love them or hate them. For some reason I can't burn a lemon, grapefruit, or orange candle. They all smell like fuel when burning to me. I'm sure you'll find your perfect scent and when you do you'll be in heaven. What kind of burner are you using? Electric and if so how many watts? Tea light and if so is it doing a good job at melting the tarts? Tart burners are finiky things to deal with. Many on here have had great luck with the electric 24 watt ones that are widely available online. Many have problems with Yankee's electruc burners, especially myself. I have heard good things about Yankees more recent electric burners but I can't really comment since I tried one years ago. I think it was 12 or 14 watts. Right now I switch between the electric 24 watt ones and Yankee's tea light burners. How hot a burner gets can change how the scent smells. Sometimes when I put a cinnamon tart in my tealight burner, my sinuses feel like they are burning yet the same scent in my electric burner will smell perfect.

Mimilu - if your DIL is up to it and enjoys Italian food, she should check out Eataly. It's a huge Italian food market owned by Mario Batali. I haven't been there yet but my DH has as he works in Manhattan. They have various places to eat within the market. He said the food is amazing. Tell her to try and stay away from eating in Times Square. It's a tourist trap and Manhattan has much better restaurants elsewhere in the City. Is she having the procedure done at Sloan, NYU, or Columbia-Pres? All are in different neighborhoods. Does she have any children? If she has a young girl, see if she can bring her to FAO Schwartz. They let the girls make their own Barbie dolls. It's a ton of fun and when the Barbie is put together she comes out on a runway. One of the stores workers announces the new Barbie while it is on the catwalk. Tons of fun! The cost isn't crazy either considering its a designer Barbie at FAO Schwartz. It's a little bit more than your Toys R Us Barbie but the experience is worth the price. FAO is on 5th Ave (along with other very nice stores). I think Eatly is on Madison but I'm not 100% sure on that. DH said it is next door to his office so that is why I'm saying Madison Ave. I hope she gets to enjoy herself before the bone marrow transplant. If you need any help about places to go just ask.

Hi LLVV!!! I will be sure and tell Steph to try to check out Eataly! She had her scans done today at Columbia Presbyterian. She sees Dr. Taub there. She is staying at the Miracle House. About 3 yrs ago she had to travel once a week to NY for chemo for 6 months. What an ordeal!!! This is not my daughter-in-law that is having the transplant, this is my 34 yr old daughter that has mesothelioma (asbestos related cancer). Thanks for the well wishes and ideas for places to visit!

Lynn

Hi LLVV!!! I will be sure and tell Steph to try to check out Eataly! She had her scans done today at Columbia Presbyterian. She sees Dr. Taub there. She is staying at the Miracle House. About 3 yrs ago she had to travel once a week to NY for chemo for 6 months. What an ordeal!!! This is not my daughter-in-law that is having the transplant, this is my 34 yr old daughter that has mesothelioma (asbestos related cancer). Thanks for the well wishes and ideas for places to visit!

Lynn

My kids have been to Eataly twice and love it. That is one of the places I want to check out soon. I hope your daughter has good test results. I will be praying for her.

Last melt of the night for me is Chocolate Amber-Can Do in my bedroom melter. Should be good to drift off to.

Getting ready to blow out all the candles I have going today-

YC-Shamrock thingy

Organic Living-driftwood and sand

Mainstays-Ocean something or other

Aren't I just on top of the names? Lol!

Nighty night everyone.

I am home too late to do much but get ready for work again tomorrow! No melting tonight, but I will catch up soon.

That's an all too familiar scenario, Deb. I hope you rested well last night.

Best stuff yesterday included:

LOL - Vanilla Pudding Cinnamon Rolls (soooo good)

CCCC - Marshmallow (very good, similar to CCS but too light), Monster Munch (good nutty scent)

Sugar & Spice Candles - Coconut Cream Pie (Good one! It didn't last as long as I would have liked but I would definitely reorder. I'm wondering what that 'top secret ingredient' here is. This one is a bit different and has a better throw than other CCP scents I've tried.)

Wishing everyone a good Thursday!

I'm using a 24w plate-type burner from Vista. No frills, but very effective. It is melting the tarts completely within 30 minutes. For my house, this type of melter gets the most throw, but I might give Carol's lemon bakery tarts a try in a bulb-type melter. Maybe melting more slowly will mean that the lemon note lasts longer than an hour? I avoid tealights because my dog is a nut and he'll knock it over in a flash.

ETA: Melting Haley's Apple Jack and Peel in living room, nothing melting in kitchen because it's Fabuloso time! Haha. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Good Morning

Melting Corn Bread Muffins from Carol

Wishing everyone a Great Day!

Good morning!

Mimilu - I got the avenue wrong. Eataly is on 5th. I asked DH this morning at breakfast. My godfather swears by Columbia-Presbyterian. When his mother was ill he always brought her there.

Jedda - Yep, that's the 24 watt melter I was talking about. I'm sure you'll find a favorite soon. It just takes trial and error which is why I think tarts are really fun. You get to try a lot of scents that you are curious about but don't necessarily want to have to smell for days like you would with a candle.

Tarts from CFTKR:

Purple Cow - a good grape scent.

Decadent Shortbread - love this one! Not the same as YC's shortbread. Carol's is a lovely vanilla cookie type of scent.

Candles:

Pineapple Cilantro votive - YC

Blueberry jar - YC

Easter Egg Hunt jar - YC (this is actually Kiwi Berries with a different label on it

Jedda - Yep, that's the 24 watt melter I was talking about. I'm sure you'll find a favorite soon. It just takes trial and error which is why I think tarts are really fun. You get to try a lot of scents that you are curious about but don't necessarily want to have to smell for days like you would with a candle.

Tarts from CFTKR:

Purple Cow - a good grape scent.

Decadent Shortbread - love this one! Not the same as YC's shortbread. Carol's is a lovely vanilla cookie type of scent.

Candles:

Pineapple Cilantro votive - YC

Blueberry jar - YC

Easter Egg Hunt jar - YC (this is actually Kiwi Berries with a different label on it

I agree, my favorite thing about tarts is being able to switch them out frequently. I've got lots of favorites, but so far Carol's lemon-bakery blends are a let down. Oh well. She has plenty of others that I do like!

While it lasts (which won't be long) I'm celebrating our 85 degree weather today with Haley's Confetti Frosting.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

Gail

Hugs and prayers to you and your DD...I hope the test come back all clear.

The FAO Store design your own Barbie sounds great, LLVV...I would have a great time doing so..

I am melting Carol's Cedar And Spice. I love this one but I think the scent has been discontinued. [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

I hope all is well in the candle world. Indy folks are looking forward to Butler playing this weekend in the Final 4.

Hi all. I have EE Voodoo Doll melting, and CBV Campfire and YC Harvest burning.

DH and I both went to the dentist this morning. Yikes. Just cleanings, but the dental hygienists were in my room discussing one of our x-rays, saying the person definitely had at least one cavity and possibly as many as three, but I didn't know if they were talking about DH or me! Turns out it was DH, not me, and I don't have to go back. But it's sad for him. Very thankful to have dental insurance through his work. Ow.

Hi everyone. Today I'm melting: Yucca by whiff and sniff, last tart from them. This is a very stong one, can smell it as soon as you come to the door.