The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The Melts go Marching One by One - Hurrah, Hurrah!

Laurie--those three wick Mainstays candles have a fabulous throw and burn well if you only burn them about 3 hrs at a time and do minimal wick trimming. I love them. I have Vanilla, Wild Honeysuckle, Fresh Apple, Tropical Fruit, Sweet Pea, Peach Mango and Beach Breeze--the only one I haven't burned yet is Beach Breeze. In the past I have had Hazelnut Coffee, Fresh Linen and a few others you can't get right now. All have been very good throwers. I think you would be pleased. For $3.50 you can't go too wrong. Nancy

Laurie--those three wick Mainstays candles have a fabulous throw and burn well if you only burn them about 3 hrs at a time and do minimal wick trimming. I love them. I have Vanilla, Wild Honeysuckle, Fresh Apple, Tropical Fruit, Sweet Pea, Peach Mango and Beach Breeze--the only one I haven't burned yet is Beach Breeze. In the past I have had Hazelnut Coffee, Fresh Linen and a few others you can't get right now. All have been very good throwers. I think you would be pleased. For $3.50 you can't go too wrong. Nancy

[smilie=th_sSig_what]

Get outta here! Forreal?

[smilie=th_sSig_what]

Get outta here! Forreal?

I love them, too! The Warm Apple Pie is scrumptious! Just be sure you get the 3 wick ones!

Lynn

I love them, too! The Warm Apple Pie is scrumptious! Just be sure you get the 3 wick ones!

Lynn

I agree - I thought that the $5 jar candles were a better deal, but they just weren't. Sure, they were larger, but the throw was weaker, and they tunneled. I had to babysit them quite a bit, and ultimately used them on a warmer plate. I can't be bothered to fuss with smooshing wax around, constantly fixing the wick, etc.

I love the three wick ones though. They are a dream to burn. [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Laurie--those three wick Mainstays candles have a fabulous throw and burn well if you only burn them about 3 hrs at a time and do minimal wick trimming.

Lynn

Wow.gif

Thanks for the tip, ladies!

About the $5 Mainstays candles. If you use a flat Yankee illuma lid on them and burn them in a small to medium room you will actually get a good throw and they will not tunnel. It took me awhile to figure this out but I have been burning a $5 one of Wild Honeysuckle and you could smell that one all over my very high ceilinged house!! You must use the lid, though, or they will tunnel. The domed illuma lids will not fit but the flat ones fit great. I prefer the three wicks but if I want to leave one on a long time I get the large jars.

Hi all,

An update on the Tiffany votive holder from Ebay, in case anyone's interested. I just received a total refund along with an email saying the seller's wife dropped and broke it as she was packing for shipment. [smilie=th_thConfus_55] I'm kind of disappointed, and yet, not. The price was so cheap I got to thinking it was probably a fake Tiffany. A very pretty fake, but still... No biggie either way, except I won't be posting votive holder p0rn anytime soon. I'll be off on a whole new hunt all over again! How completely FUN![smilie=th_yay]

To stay on topic, LSC Cinnamon Vanilla is still going strong but I'm leaving to teach dog classes so will be turning it off until later tonight.

Have a great afternoon/evening!

Gail

For the evening I am finishing up my YC Vanilla Cupcake two wick--it is still going strong but the wax is about gone and I have just lit a two wick Yankee Orange Dreamsicle. I don't really like this one that well but yet I keep burning it--don't know what that is about--unusual for me. Ha!

Gail--sorry about your votive holder but, as you said, now you can go and hunt for something else. Enjoy!

Oh Gail, I'm sorry to hear about your votive holder...I know you were looking forward to getting it! But have fun bidding on something new!

Debra~ Your still not feeling well? That stinks! I hope everything starts clearing up for you soon! :)

Vanilla Woods from Can-Do upstairs...this one is really lovely... [smilie=cloud_9]

Changing up the downstairs...KeyLimed Lemon Pound Cake from Haley's

Hi everyone!

Melting Apple Cobbler Delight,Orange Chiffon and Dutch Apple Crunch all from CFTKR

Jules your kittens are so cute!

Gail-sorry to hear about your dropped votive holder,good thing the seller gave you a prompt refund!

Trep-I also like the 3-wicked Mainstays from Walmart,they smell great when burned and work very well on the $5 candle melter sold at Walmart too!My favorites are the Vanilla,Apple Pie and Sweet Pea.

Have a great evening all!

Burning Cleopatra's Closet from CBV in my bedroom and that is it for tonight. I had others going but my youngest son was complaining that they were bothering him. He gets migraines and we don't want THAT.

Night all..........wishing each and everyone here well.

Jules, those kitty babies are the best! My old guy has taken a downhill turn and has been keeping me busy playing nurse to him.

Debra - [smilie=th_sad2hz1] [smilie=th_bighug-1] Hope your nose gets unstuffed soon!

Puppy - so sorry your beauteous votive cup got broken. :o [smilie=th_butbutbut] the quest continues! [smilie=th_yay]

I'm melting Can-Do's Pumpkin Bread Pudding. [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Tonight it's a Slatkin Pineapple Mango candle in the bathroom, and Haley's Country Breeze is melting in the bedroom.

In the livingroom I have a Marshmallow Fluff candle from Dollar General (of all places!) The scent is delish, but the throw isn't stellar. For $1, I'm not shocked. It's a small jar, about the size of a large votive, and I can really only smell it within a 4 foot radius.

Thanks, Skylar. I'm smitten with these kittens.

Deb, older cats have their charms too and by then you know all their quirks. Hope yours is staying strong.

Tonight I'm melting Strawberry Watermelon from Crosscreek and Farmer's Market from SH.

Sorry about your votive holder, Gail. I suppose it wasn't meant to be.th_blij47-1.gif

I'm off. thzzz003.gif Let's see if I can stay awake through the whole movie I just got in the mail.

Hi!

Those kittens are adorable! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Gail, I'm sorry about the votive holder. I didn't know that Tiffany's made candle holders.

Tarts from Carol:

Blueberry Corn Muffin

Candy Cane Stars - it's going to snow tomorrow

Orange Cupcake

Candles:

Blueberry - YC

Key Lime Pie tealight - YC

Country Lemonade tealight - YC

I've had my YC Gingersnap candle burning all evening...not much throw on this scent sadly.

Long day for me,

Melting-

Pink Sugar-CFTKR

Satin Sheets-OMG

French Lilac-BHG

Ivory Soap-MTT(this puppy is super strong-I can smell it upstairs,and its melting in the basement!)

Peppermint-HL

Pumpkin Gingerbread-Can Do

Also burning my Lucky Shamrocks-YC which has a nice, clean scent with a med. throw. Me likey!

Ivory Soap-MTT(this puppy is super strong-I can smell it upstairs,and its melting in the basement!)

IVORY SOAP???

I love the smell of ivory soap!

[smilie=th_smilies-2]

Any other recommendations on MTT? I didn't see a review anywhere.

Gotta try that!

Good morning!

Gail, sorry about that votive holder. There must be a better one in your future, which I can't wait to see!

Deb, hope you get to feeling better soon.

Yesterday I had:

Carrot Cake from OMG Candles

Red Velvet Cake from Perfect Scent Candles (oooh so good)

Tooth Fairy Taffy (sweet!), Juniper Breeze (nice and fresh), Tahitian Vanilla from Spotted Hog

Bear Claws (eh) and Mulled Cider (good throw) from County Line

Bear Claws wasn't throwing well enough so I added some Sugar & Spice Kettle Corn to the mix. Niiiiiice!

About to start the melting day. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

I'm starting the day with a remelt of Haley's Apple Jack and Peel and it smells LOVELY! Fresh and crisp, and warm and cozy all at the same time. We're going on 15 hours with this one, so it's starting to get a bit weak. Not sure how much longer it'll last.

Later, I'll swap it for something bright and tropical... I've got a bunch of YC Fruit Salad (found 'em yesterday, hidden away from last summer!) so I might go with that.

Cat01, I'm glad to see you like YC Lucky Shamrock, since I just ordered one scent unsniffed.

This early morning I'm melting Banana Nut Bread from Orchid Lake and Iced Lemon Biscotti from LOL.

I haven't decided what I want to smell for the rest of the day. Fresh or Bakery?