The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

The Melts go Marching One by One - Hurrah, Hurrah!

Today it's YC Sweet Melon and Pacifica Gardenia, left over from last night.

I've got a seriously full day, with bookkeeping and housework, so in a bit I'll swap for something bright and energetic. I'm thinking I might go with a strong, true apple scent...

Blue Jewell by Brown Bag Candles

Today I am burning (melting) something BLUE for my DS Zack.

Last evening he fell off his scooter and broke his elbow. We spent the night in the ER and he was HORRIBLY treated by mean incompassionate nurse. (the xray tech was nice at least) Why do these people go into that field? I am heartbroken for him, and now I have to find an orthopaedist, how do you screen for compassion over the phone.

Please keep him in your thoughts.

Laurie

Last evening he fell off his scooter and broke his elbow. We spent the night in the ER and he was HORRIBLY treated by mean incompassionate nurse. (the xray tech was nice at least) Why do these people go into that field? I am heartbroken for him, and now I have to find an orthopaedist, how do you screen for compassion over the phone.

Laurie

I am so sorry for what you're going through. I know how hard it is to deal with people who are treating your kid rudely. :(

Have you asked your pediatrician for a referral? I always ask mine 'who would you take your kids to?' and it usually works. She knows by word of mouth (from other patients) which doctors are good with kids.

Laurie, Sorry about your son's accident. I get very mother bear when it comes to my girls. You would think that in that profession they would need compassion. Good luck to you and your son.

Melting for second day LSC Apple Butter Pound Cake. Going strong and I love it.

Laurie

Laurie....I am SO sorry to hear about your son. That makes me angry just to think about how that nurse acted! Bless his heart! [smilie=angry]

He will be in my prayers!!

No burning right now. Back to work today and feeling much better! Thanks for all of the well wishes! [smilie=thank_you]

Lynn

Oh Laurie, I am so sorry to hear about your DS accident and treatment at the hospital...I hope he gets his cast and everything works out well for you and him!!! [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Laurie: So sorry to hear of your DS accident. I can't figure out why some people choose their career path if they just really "don't give a s**t.

This rainy morning I am melting Heart J Creations- Hippie Smoke. We spent the weekend picking out floor tiles and such for our upcoming bath/kitchen DR redo. I am so glad we finally made that decision. I hope y'alll have a great day. and I'll catch ya later. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Good morning.

Laurie, Ouch! I hope that his elbow heals quickly!

Tarts:

Elderberries - CFKTR

Iced Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

Candles:

Peppermint Cocoa - YC

Blueberry - YC

Today it's YC Sweet Melon and Pacifica Gardenia, left over from last night.

I've got a seriously full day, with bookkeeping and housework, so in a bit I'll swap for something bright and energetic. I'm thinking I might go with a strong, true apple scent...

I had a little time to kill while getting folks out the door this morning, so I was rooting around in my tart cupboard. I found one lonely mini-melt of "Hot Buttered Popcorn" From Missy's Tempting Tarts. It truly smells like popcorn, but it doesn't last. After about 2 hours, it is completely spent.

Now that my paperwork is nearly done, I'm melting BHG Crisp Apples in my bedroom/office. Haley's Pink Froot Loops in the livingroom.

Good Morning!

Laurie-Sorry to hear about your DS's accident.

Melts for this morning-

Country Chunkie Peppermint Kisses

AMS Cherry Cola

FM Pink Bakery

Laurie, how awful for your DS. As if the injury and a trip to the ER isn't bad enough, but then to have a nurse like that is just too much! Hope he heals quickly and you're able to find a good orthopedic with some compassion!

I'm melting Candied Nuts from Bella's. This still smells as good as the day I got it, over a year ago!

afternoon, girls :hello:

Laurie, so sorry to hear about your son! I hope he has a speedy recovery, and stay strong regarding the nurses and doctors...i know how frustrating it can be!

Today i'm melting a little mixture...FP Prairie Kitchen with Crosscreek's Ultimate Vanilla...the vanilla adds a nice, smooth, creamy touch to the cherry pie :wub:

For some reason, my earlier picks aren't making my nose happy.

Now I have Haley's Battle of the Sexes throughout the house. One of my FAVORITES! [smilie=th_slider_flirt] If this doesn't make me happy, nothing will!

Good afternoon-another kid sick -dang it. Oh well, she's the last one and hopefully will be well in a day or two.

I am melting LOL-Rosemary Mint

HL-Vanilla Grapefruit

Can't smell too much, but the EO seems to be getting through.

Have a great day all.

Changed out the melters.

I am trying to clear out some of the older tarts this week.

Melting-

GHBT Home Sweet Home

GHBT Pumpkin Apple Butter

These still have lots of scent and are going good and strong! Nice!!

Christy, I hope your allergies improve ASAP.

Laurie, so sorry about your DS. Best wishes finding a great ortho!

Cat, is your avatar a picture of you? Pretty gal, whoever she is! Here's hoping your DD gets better quick.

It's a crazy busy day around here, but I'm managing to stop and smell the roses Haley's Apple Orchard. All's right with the world! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Gail

Laurie - yeouch, that sounds painful! [smilie=th_th1ptgno] Hope your little guy is feeling better quickly! Tell Zack we're waving to him. [smilie=The_Hi]

Cat - hope that icky bug is gone from your house soon! :wacko:

Hey...where's Jules? [smilie=th_cha69] I don't think I've seen her here lately. Hope you're having fun somewhere Jules! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I'm melting LS Pumpkin Poundcake. Yep - another winner! [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Love the Blood Orange, Cookielady!

Melting:

Hawaiian Sweet Bread from Pink Flower Scents

Stupid Cupid...a freebie from Can Do

and upstairs it's Orange Sandalwood from Soy Breeze...this little fella has been kicking since yesterday morning and it's still strong...When I first sniffed it I couldn't smell a thing and figured..it's soy, it should sit...but I couldn't wait. What a pleasant surprise!!!! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

Good evening! Tonight I just lit Sugar & Spice Apple Crisp Ice Cream candle. Love this one! I smells just like apple pie ala mode! Sometimes I smell sweet,cinnamony apples, sometimes vanilla ice cream and then I get whiffs of buttery crust! So good. I got this in an 8 oz. jar and will reorder in the larger double wick size real soon! [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Lynn

Thank you all SO much for your warm wishes for Zack. I have no extended family and I am really overwhelmed at how you all rallied around with well-wishes and kind words. Seriously!

[smilie=th_aa18]

I'm happy to report that all went well at the Orthopedic Clinic, it was specifrically pediatric and they were absolutely WONDERFUL. He's all patched up now, and should be good as new in 4 weeks or so (fingers crossed).

Oh, and DH went by the horrible ER and spoke his piece to the supervisor of nurses. And I will be following up with a letter. It just hurts my heart how my son was treated. Well, you moms understand, I'm sure.

[smilie=th_u51]

We are going to turn in early, I am wiped out! Put on a movie and I will no doubt be watching the inside of my eyelids very soon.

WAX REPORT: I'm happy to say that the BlueJewell from Brown Bag is STILL going strong, I left it on all day while I was taking care of everything else. So I am definately impressed with it's longevity.

Thanks again for everything, you're a great bunch of friends.

[smilie=th_goodnight]

Geez Laurie how did I miss that earlier? I am so sorry that your family had to go through that, I get so mad when our healthcare professionals act like they don't care. I understand how hard things get in the er, but when a kid is there and scared-they should at least show a little compassion.

Hope he is settled now and feeling more comfortable(at least as comfy as he can with a cast).

Thanks Gail-that is a picture of me-playing around with my webcam today. You are too kind.

My kiddo is still yuckamo and in the tub right now, trying to manage the dang fever! That's the worst part, is keeping that from jumping out of control. The other one fell asleep at the dinner table, that's how exciting my meals are! [smilie=th_lol22]

Melting for the evening-

Animalistic Instinct-Cozy Cottage

Blueberry Cobbler-Kristen's

Burning the usual suspects...

Hope everyone has a good evening.