The forum will be undergoing a major software upgrade on Saturday, November 30th, time TBD. Hopefully, there will be minimal disruptions with this process. Stay tuned for any additional updates.

Thanks & Happy Thanksgiving!

Nautilique

Unofficial Poll

This question was inspired by the post I just read where someone (no names - LOL) almost got busted with a hidden stash by the way her coat smelled.

(Celtic Moonspice/Amish Quilt, anyone?)

Anyway . . . .

Inquiring minds want to know . . .

(or at least MINE does anyway)

How many of you hide and/or minimize your scent addiction from your significant other???

::::::raising hand wildly:::::

Me! Me! I do! I do!

While my DH never complains on how the house smells, and rarely ever comments one way or the other, he simply does not understand my need for wax in excess. For me it started with the "candle lady" at my dentists' office. Now I don't think $12 for a nice candle that scents your whole house is bad at all. But when I started buying in bulk, he started grumbling. [confession coming] So I started hoarding cash and when I'd do a buy, I'd only write a check for some, and pay cash for the rest.

Now that I'm into mail ordering melts [ which he still calls "candles" not tarts ], I always hope he's not here when the UPS man comes. And not cause he suspects us of having an affair either.

:upssmiley1:

I am also guilty of secretly moving money onto my PayPal account (which he doesn't see) and have even had my 20 year old DD do the ordering and I just pay her!

Wow, I didn't know I was that bad

or *good* at wax crimes, depends on ones' point of view.

[smilie=th_create]

So let's hear it, friends. Just in the interest of conversation, of course. (not to give each other any *ideas* . . . nooooooo)

[smilie=th_1286B215]

I usually do not hide my stuff-he is just as bad as I am. I have converted him into a wax/bath stuff junkie. He will come to me and complain if his scrub gets low-or the tart baskets look low! [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

I usually do not hide my stuff-he is just as bad as I am. I have converted him into a wax/bath stuff junkie. He will come to me and complain if his scrub gets low-or the tart baskets look low! [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

Wow, that's awesome! Can you write

Making your Mate a Waxhead For Dummies please?

[smilie=th_5337c1ad]

My DH is just so relieved and happy that I no longer burn candles (I use electric melters exclusively) that he never complains about how many tarts I buy or even warmers, for that matter. I think he sees it as a harmless enough hobby and relizes that his interests cost far more than mine so he knows to keep quiet. He's a real jem. :wub:

While my DH would likely prefer I don't have wax obsession, he never complains that I have too much or spend too much. He's like Mpf's husband in that his hobbies are far more costly than mine, so it's wise to stay mum. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Gail

Wll, I prefer that dh isn't home EVEY single time a package comes, but he never complains or says anything. He jokes about scents he doesn't like, likes many of them and has bought me tarts/ candles in the past. We share the account, so it's all in black and white. I try to be reasonable, but sometimes sales come together and it looks like more than it is, lol.

[smilie=th_th1ptgno] My DH can't smell anything but contributes to the "anti-good scent" of the house in every way, shape, and form.

[smilie=th_stink] Because of this, my sisters always laugh and tell DH that I MUST buy tarts/candles in order to fumigate the house. He would not even know I melted tarts if he didn't see them.

He complains constantly about the "candles" I have...even though they are tarts. [smilie=th_confused3]

He does buy himself expensive baseball bats and things but thinks that wax disappears so it is not something to buy.

[smilie=th_Whistle] I tell him that same thing about Atlantic City.

I also hope the UPS guy doesn't show up when he's home...but it never fails that he will always show up when DH is home for lunch... :upssmiley1:

If I am working, I tell the kids to "hide" the box in the corner... ;)

It's all good though...I still buy tarts and he still stinks. [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

[smilie=th_th1ptgno] My DH can't smell anything but contributes to the "anti-good scent" of the house in every way, shape, and form.

[smilie=th_stink] Because of this, my sisters always laugh and tell DH that I MUST buy tarts/candles in order to fumigate the house. He would not even know I melted tarts if he didn't see them.

He complains constantly about the "candles" I have...even though they are tarts. [smilie=th_confused3]

He does buy himself expensive baseball bats and things but thinks that wax disappears so it is not something to buy.

[smilie=th_Whistle] I tell him that same thing about Atlantic City.

I also hope the UPS guy doesn't show up when he's home...but it never fails that he will always show up when DH is home for lunch... :upssmiley1:

If I am working, I tell the kids to "hide" the box in the corner... ;)

It's all good though...I still buy tarts and he still stinks. [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

[smilie=th_funny]

My DH calls them all *candles* too.

And I have also enlisted my kids to hide deliveries!

My DH is just so relieved and happy that I no longer burn candles (I use electric melters exclusively) that he never complains about how many tarts I buy or even warmers, for that matter. I think he sees it as a harmless enough hobby and relizes that his interests cost far more than mine so he knows to keep quiet. He's a real jem. :wub:

Just have to ask . . .

did you like almost set your house on fire or something?

:huh:

Just have to ask . . .

did you like almost set your house on fire or something?

:huh:

LOL. Sounds that way, doesn't it? But, no, DH was just worried I would. He was also less than impressed with the soot from candles so when we moved into this house he said, "I want the walls to stay clean." I searched for an alternative to candles and discovered electric melters and flameless candles. Perfect compromise; I still get to enjoy my scented wax, but he no longer has to worry about flames and soot.

I'm a package stasher. It's like a game now. I'm not fooling anyone, really, but I don't want to draw too much attention to the fact that the wax keeps rolling in. DH doesn't get mad, but he does tease me about it.

Like other's situations, his hobbies are more expensive than mine...less volume, mind you, but more expensive.

My DH doesn't complain about my "smellies" as he calls them, but during some sales, my orders (yes, plural) are a little "over the top" so I do sometimes try to quickly move them from the door to anywhere he won't look. Guess I am just a "closet tarter". Does this mean I am addicted? probably. Do I care? Heavens, no. I have a decent job and as long as the bills are paid, he really doesn't have a lot to say about it. Like Jules, my husband also has a hobby that is much larger and much more expensive.

Yes, it helps when they have their own interests and also want to spend money on things, doesn't it? My DH wants to frame all his diplomas and put them up in his office and has started bargaining with me about the wax he would let me buy if I would let him do all this expensive framing. So win for him, win for me, lose for our bank account, I guess!

I never hide wax or purchasing evidence from DH, but sometimes I feel like he doesn't understand why orders can sometimes get as large as they do. We have a system for "fun money," every month we each get a set amount of money to spend as we choose and the other person can't get mad. So as long as my purchases stay within this, he doesn't object. But he does get sticker shock when I tell him about the orders I'm planning, and sometimes treats me as if I might go way overboard without warning at any moment, even though I've never done this in the past. I think he just likes to give me a hard time.

I am prety sure he does not know how many stashes there are, but he sees a lot since they also seem to arrive when he is home! He makes jokes about needing interventions every now and then, but other than that, he lets me be.

I would have preferred he didn't find my latest CFTKR order, but DH happened to go on Ebay and there were my items purchased, listed out for the world to see. I tried to explain that even though it said that I bought 11 items, it was all only one order. I may as well have bought a led balloon. That's how well it went over.

I would have preferred he didn't find my latest CFTKR order, but DH happened to go on Ebay and there were my items purchased, listed out for the world to see. I tried to explain that even though it said that I bought 11 items, it was all only one order. I may as well have bought a led balloon. That's how well it went over.

:unsure:

Oh dear! Not good, not good at all.

I am grateful that my DH is eBay impaired, and I plan to keep it that way. Even moreso now that I've ordered wax from there.

:blush:

UNFORTUNATELY, MY BELOVED FIANCE IS PRETTY AWARE OF MY WAX OCD B/C I HAVE TO INCORPORATE HIM IN MY SALES TO SAVE $$, ONE COUPON /PERSON. IM ALWAYS EMPHATIC ABOUT ALL OF THE $$ I SAVED OPPOSED TO HIM SEEING A BILL [smilie=th_smiley-crying] . I USED TO HAVE A TON OF TARTS & CANDLES B4 WE STARTED GOING OUT & THEN HE & I BOTH BURNED ALL OF IT OVER A TWO-YR PERIOD AND BY THEN THE "NEED" WAS GONE & I WAS OUT OF MY ADDICTION BY THEN. HE IS OK WITH IT, HE JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW SOMEONE CAN GET SO EXCITED ABOUT WAX AND ALL OF ITS COHORTS [smilie=superman] . LATELY THO, I HAVE SAVED SOOO MUCH ON YC IN THE PAST 3 MOS & HOPEFULLY WILL GET A CHANCE TO UPLOAD PHOTOS OF PAST FEW "BUYS"-MORE LIKE CLEAR-OUTS- AND THEN I WILL TRY & PUT IT ALTOGETHER ALL I HAVE BOUGHT IN THE PAST 3-4 MOS AND GIVE U AN HONEST-TO-GOODNESS PRICE ON EVVVERYTHHING. IT MIGHT EVEN SCARE ME SCENTLESS. I SHORE HOPE NOT CUZ THEN IT IS BACK TO CLOTHES WHICH IS BORRRING, I HATE CLOTHES SHOPPIN & U REALLY GOTTA SEARCH 4 THOSE BARGAINS!

AND WHAT THE HECK DOES "DH" STAND FOR????? DUMB HUBBY?! DEAR HUBBY? I WILL CATCH ON ONE OF THESE DAYS! [smilie=th_gif]

AND WHAT THE #%$@ DOES [smilie=kewl] STAND FOR WHILE WE R AT IT??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.