The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Can't help lovin' those melts of mine

The innkeeper at the inn we stayed at had this lovely smelling called called Grandpa's Pines from a company called 1803 Candles. Anyone ever try them?

LLVV - I've tried a few of their scents and luv'd all of em! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] I'm plotting an order right now.... [smilie=th_c032]

the Starring scents are somewhat similar to Hot's unique blends. Keep your eye out for a sale - they are worth trying!

Debra - I had to check them out. Their scent list is fun and SO many sound good! [smilie=th_c61] I signed up for their newsletter. Do they have sales very often? I don't ever remember seeing them in the sales section.

Melting FP's Lemon Bread today...gosh, how i love, love, love lemons! yummmmy

Nygal - FP has [smilie=th_fabulous1] lemons! Ok - I'm a fan of all their scents, but the lemons.... [smilie=th_LOVE]

We are celebrated my friend's birthday tonight. I bought her a warmer, a candle, an illuma lid and some tarts. She was super interested in a tart warmer last time we got together so I think she is going to love my gift! It is always fun to turn someone on to our great hobby!

Michele - What a fun evening you'll have! Maybe she'll turn up here some day! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I'm melting FP's Primitive Gathering and it's [smilie=th_cc15] !!!

Hi there! [smilie=th_hello]

Candlefan....glad you are finally feeling better!

Aria...so glad your little one is on the road to recovery!!

Burning one of my favorite candles of all time....McCall's Apricot Preserves. So sad that it is discontinued! Why is it that everything I fall in love with gets axed? Am I the only one that likes them? [smilie=th_Cry]

Can anyone help me find a great apricot preserves scent?

Lynn

Carol's (CFTKR) Enchanted Spice. It was my last from a friend and I love it so much.

I just emailed Carol and asked if she had anymore. She said the oil is being discontinued but that she had enough to make about 6 bags. If anyone loves Vanilla and likes a light spice, this one if for you. Its a creamy nutmegy, vanilla,light spice scent and I would use it in a kitchen, bedroom OR bathroom. Its so amazing. Please think about getting a bag if and when you see them listed on Carol's ebay page. She is going to email me and let me know when they are up and I will let you guys know. I promise this one is amazing if you like Vanilla in any way.

Did go the mall today with my son's GF's mom. Picked up only 4 tarts from YC......Soft Blanket, Orange Dreamsicle,Juicy Watermelon and Country Lemonade. All but the Juicy Watermelon are new. They were buy 1 tart and get one at 50%. Sale was supposed to be over and the girl tried to tell me this, BUT the sign was up so she said she would give me the sale price.

Went into BathandBody Works as well. They had great sales going on the Lg. candles but again, I am trying to watch my money. I did pick up the black ScentBug and 3 oils. I had a 20% off coupon and needed the scentbug because I have many oils here that I am afraid to warm. They make me nervous the way the burn out so quick, so I wanted the scentbug to be able to use my oils. I also picked up 3 because they were only $4 each with the purchase of the bug. I got Sweet pea, Pink Sangria and Calypso Sun. And I treated myself to a Starbucks Green Tea Latte w/Soymilk. Nice day and I didn't even spend much money.

Hope you have all had a great day. We just finished eating turkey meat burritos. I make a bean and corn salsa to go in them and yellow rice too. It was a nice dinner. Heading to the movies with my mom tomorrow and then for the rest of the week its laundry, reading and relaxing. yay! Night all.

Hi All!

I also picked up 2 BBW candles this morning. I got Vanilla Coconut and Strawberry Patch. I loaded up when the 4 oz. candles were on sale but I had to have these 2 scents in large jars.

I've been on a hunt for YC's Happy Easter and Chocolate Bunnies. I bought Easter Egg Hunt but I can't find the other two. They are supposed to be outlet exclusives (what a stupid idea...these are going to be hot sellers). I called my outlet and also stopped in an outlet that we found on the way back from skiing. I almost flipped when I saw that we were passing by an outlet on the car ride up to Hunter, NY. DH was so sweet...he stopped on the way back home. No Easter candles there either but I loaded up on a favorite...Rhubarb Plum. Yippie!!!

This afternoon I called YC's Deerfield flagship store and the customer service lady sent an email to the Deerfield outlet's manager. She called me back a couple of hours later ready to take my order. For $38 ($15 per candle plus $7 shipping, and sales tax) I bought Chocolate Bunnies and Happy Easter. I know I'll love the two of them since they are supposed to be Chocolate Truffle and Italian Holiday Biscotti repackaged.

I also finsihed my order with Carol so I should have a lovely box from her in a day. Ok...must find a way to get DH to work in the City this week. I can't let him see so many candle orders coming in. The BBW is easy to hide. He had no clue they sell candles. He knows what Carol's boxes look like and he definitely knows YC.

Tarts for today from CFTKR:

Glazed Sugar Cookie

Apple Butterscotch

Candles:

Peppermint Cocoa - YC

Hearthside - YC (love this one)

Candy Hearts - YC

Candlefan~ Good news that you are feeling better.

Aria~ Glad you little DS's fever is down but hope your older DS doesn't get sick too!

Melting from my newest shipment...

CFTKR Sarah's Sweet Zucchini Bread....WONDERFUL...DELICIOUS!!!

Amish Wash Day...a freebie from CFTKR...I LOVE IT!!! Pure clean wash...I MUST get a bag!

Lynn, I don't know of that exact scent, but a couple of our fav vendors will try to blend and do a custom. My last "custom" was from Cheryl's - she made about 3-4 and had me try them before she nailed it!

Sweet - I don't see many sales at SF - but I know I have ordered twice, and I usually try to hit sales!

I am so sorry so many of you and your families have the bug right now. Guess 'tis the season, huh?

Tonight is Hibiscus from Scent Chips

Good morning! [smilie=th_hello]

No melting this morning (at work), but I melted Scentsy Bourbon in my bedroom all night last night. LOVE [smilie=th_LOVE] this scent, but, of course, it is discontinued! LOL!! Will be stingy with this one!

Lynn

Working on day 2 of Carol's Enchanted Spice again. I love this one from the start to the finish. Its one of those that kinda keeps going with an ending straight up Vanilla note. This after being very complex to start off with.

Headed to dinner later with mom. Not sure if she will want to go see a movie or maybe head to the mall again. If we go to the mall I am picking up a bag of YC unscented tealights. They are a splurge but my very favorite. They last FOREVER.

So sorry to hear of everyone that is or has been under the weather...I just have a bad case of the blahs....This morning I am melting Bellas Cracklin Birch. I love this scent from any vendor, it's just so refreshing. Hopefully DH and I can go out looking for some flooring for the kitchen area this weekend. It's going to be nice outside soon and he will not want to be inside working. I hope everyone is having a good week and stay healthy!!

Awww Katz!! Hope you are feeling much better soon! [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Thanks for recommending the Cracklin' Birch. Putting it on my "to try" list!

Lynn

Hey Katz, sorry you are feeling blah. I so know what it is like though. Gotta think of all the good in your life and remember "This too shall pass"..............it will. I have to keep that faith or I will crash. Though your blah's may not be major, just smile!!

Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. No fun being sick. I am the biggest baby ever when I am sick. Nobody wants to be around me........for real.

So, does anyone have the bathandbody works Scentbug. I got one yesterday and was wondering if you all had any feedback on it. I LOVE oils from bathandbody and YC and Thebodyshop but I hate burning them. Its the one thing I am either afraid of or I just think is too much work to "watch". The oils burn out so quick.

Anyway, just wondering what you guys thought of this little guy.

Hey Katz, sorry you are feeling blah. I so know what it is like though. Gotta think of all the good in your life and remember "This too shall pass"..............it will. I have to keep that faith or I will crash. Though your blah's may not be major, just smile!!

Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. No fun being sick. I am the biggest baby ever when I am sick. Nobody wants to be around me........for real.

So, does anyone have the bathandbody works Scentbug. I got one yesterday and was wondering if you all had any feedback on it. I LOVE oils from bathandbody and YC and Thebodyshop but I hate burning them. Its the one thing I am either afraid of or I just think is too much work to "watch". The oils burn out so quick.

Anyway, just wondering what you guys thought of this little guy.

I have a few of the scent bugs also.r I think they work out okay for a small space. I hope you like yours. I have used a tip I read somewhere to use a small amount of cooking oil in with a fragrance oil to help it last a long time (at least 2-3 hours) without needing to replenish the fragrance oil, and it seems to work out really well. You may want to give that a try?

Living room: Haley's Berry Bewitching Brew (was a freebie last fall.) This tart will NOT die. I have melted it for at least 45 hours, on and off. Lovely fruity, slightly spicy scent. Would buy it, but I don't see it listed on her site :(

Bathroom: Haley's Country Breeze. Smells like clean laundry. I'm on the third day with this one, and I only used about 1/3 of a 2 oz popp tart. Very nice.

Bedroom: PFS Cotton Candy mixed with 1/4 of a Haley's Lavender tart. The PFS Cotton Candy smelled great at first, but really only lasted about 4 hours. I dropped in a small chunk of Haley's Lavender, in an attempt to stretch the fragrance a bit. Not a bad combo, nice for a bedroom.

Anyone want to send some snow our way? I had to turn the AC on again today! I hate the short Florida "winters."

Started off this morning with China Rain from CFTKR, it was very nice but didn't seem to have a lot of staying power - I could smell it up close but not in the room, so I dumped it in my bedroom mixed with Beach Front from Nene's which has been going for a couple of days now.

My kids' living room is nicely fruity with Fruit Slices from Haleys - they love those smells when they come home from school and go in there to chill out.

On deck is Butt Naked from Tara's Candle Cottage. I'm waiting till I get back from the car lines to throw it in (give the melter a rest) otherwise I may miss it, I'm not fully finished picking up kids until 3:45.

I put my Better Homes clams from WallyWorld to work in all the bathrooms, I hope they do well!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE

p.s. to Jedda - where in FL? I'm in the Panhandle, but lived a good part of my life in SoFL (Ft. Laud area)

p.s. to Jedda - where in FL? I'm in the Panhandle, but lived a good part of my life in SoFL (Ft. Laud area)

Tampa area. Hotter than I'd like right about now. :)

Tampa area. Hotter than I'd like right about now. :)

I miss Tampa. Say hello to Busch Gardens for me! I wanna ride the Montu again! I started out in Clearwater/Tampa. I got married on Madeira Beach. . . . looooove it there! And Captiva Island! I've also lived in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. I love the Gulf coast best, and now I've lived on all FL's coasts. lol

hey there wax friends!

Kids are feeling a little better today...took both to the doctor. Older one has bronchitis and pinkeye. Younger one has gastroenteritis, infection in both ears and upper respiratory infection. Both are on antibiotics and resting comfortably. Thanks so much to everyone for your concern.

Melting a tart from Can-Do...Pink Sugar Baby...it's nice.

katz, sorry you got the blahs...I get those occasionally too. It's usually a hormonal thing with me. Soon it will be warm and you will be out tending to your gardening.

Maurie, never tried the scentbug thingy...I do like the wallflowers for small areas like the bath and mudroom. I have Moonlight Path right now in the mudroom and it is such a nice clean scent. I love it in the shower gel and lotion too.

Off to play checkers with DS...I think the cough syrup I gave him is making him hyper.

[smilie=th_Hello_]

Aria......I am so glad your kiddos are feeling better!

Katz....hope your blues are better soon. I get like that on cloudy, rainy days, altho I love rain at night!

Going to try Donna's (Can-Do)Cinnamon Latte in my Scentsy warmer tonight. She emailed me and asked if I have tried one in there yet.

Aria...your poor babies!!! [smilie=group_hug] They got bombarded with so many illnesses...and their poor MOM...I hope when they are feeling better you can get some down time!!!

Katz~ I hope your blahs don't last too long...I know how it is...but life is good and it will be better tomorrow. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

You girls talking about Florida are making me VERY jealous...how I would love to sit in the sunshine right now.... [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Melting:

Amish Wash Day still going upstairs...

Glazed Jelly Roll from CFTKR all over...yummmy!