The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
katzncandles

Haley's or CBV

O.K... I am in need some of your valuable input. I wanted to try both of these companies last year and it just didn't happen. So, which shall I pick for my next order?(when there is a sale). I have read so many great things about both companies on here. So, my choice is in your hands. Thanks to all that offers some input. [smilie=th_idontknow]

I recently placed my first Haley's order so can't vote yea or nay yet. I can recommend CBV since I've bought from her many times. She's been making candles for more than a decade and she has her skills down pat. There's a sale code right now for 10 percent off (cbvictoria) or she usually posts a newsletter at the first of the month with that month's sale, so February is pretty close if you're not in a rush.

I, too, can recommend CBV or Haley's, either one. I would have to say that CBV is my all around favorite and go to brand, but I also really like the two wick jars in Haley's.

The only criticism of CBV I can think of is that even though they offer at least 600 amazing scents, their candle colors can get kind of monotonous. Most of her candles and scent shots come in one shade each of blue, sort of a darker pink to watermelon red color, green, yellow, dark purple, cream and white, orange, and brown.

It has repeatedly happened that, because I really like tropical scents for instance, I will end up with four or five CBV candles that look exactly alike-- all the same shade of blue. I really wish their wax came in a bigger variety of colors such as navy blue, sage green, and ruby red, or soft pastel variants such as lilac. But the candles are made of the sort of soft paraffin I like, and all of her scents throw beautifully for me even if they happen to be subtle fragrances. I haven't had any drowning wick problems, only some mushrooming on occasion that doesn't even disturb the intensity of the flame or ruin the candle's performance. I usually cannot abide by mushrooming wicks, but it's no big deal with her's for some reason.

Haley's, on the other hand, seems to produce candles in many different shades and pastels, or at least they always have so far as I can remember. Their candles have come in pretty shades of aqua, pinks, and other colors and hues. I don't know if all shades are available, but it is my impression that she really tries to match colors to scents. But maybe this has changed since she's gotten busier. I have sucessfully requested certain colors before, though I think Victoria might do that too if you ask. Haley's liquifies and throws beautifully in the two-wick apothecaries. You can't go wrong.

Either way, have fun and good luck!

I agree with Candlefan!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I love them both!! Have been buying both for a couple of years and I love lots about them!!

Haleys offers free shipping always..thats a huge plus and I think Janets burn cleaner for some reason!! They just don't put off the black smoke that CBV's put off, even when you keep the wicks trimed!! I love Janets sincere CS and just her sweet genuine love for her customers!! Some of her scents are hit or miss, this is true, but she works really hard at trying to get them just right..I love her personally and I would highly recommend you try her!!

CBV is fabulous, has scents that are very unique and such a huge variety!! Vic has quite a nose for scents and being that she has been around awhile, she has come up with (and her customers have also) alot of varieties that others can't match up with yet!! Her scents are always pretty amazing throwers and well, her prices are a bit higher, thats no fun, and with shipping being high too, thats a draw back, but I get it and I still enjoy her stuff, reguardless!!

Have to say, its a hard question to answer....try both and compare yourself, cause I really bet you will LOVE them equally!! They have good and bad marks!!

Good luck and enjoy whatever you get...can't wait to hear what your thoughts are!!

[smilie=th_c2e41937] You really can't go wrong!!!