The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Pink! Froot Loops!

Woah! I was looking through Crosscreek's scent list and I'd swear I hadn't seen all those pink blends when I shopped at Christmas (other than Pink Jingle Bells). There are more than 20 of them, but the one that caught my eye was Pink Froot Loops.

Anyone tried it? I'll likely order it, but am wondering if it's kind of gilding the lily, lol!

Woah! I was looking through Crosscreek's scent list and I'd swear I hadn't seen all those pink blends when I shopped at Christmas (other than Pink Jingle Bells). There are more than 20 of them, but the one that caught my eye was Pink Froot Loops.

Anyone tried it? I'll likely order it, but am wondering if it's kind of gilding the lily, lol!

Since I'm still a newbie, I'm gonna ask yet another newbie question. What's the story with *pink* scents? I have noticed there are always several on most vendor's scent list, and some places seem to have whole categories dedicated to *pink*. At first I thought it was a breast cancer awareness thing, but now I think maybe not.

[smilie=th_idontknow]

Since I'm still a newbie, I'm gonna ask yet another newbie question. What's the story with *pink* scents? I have noticed there are always several on most vendor's scent list, and some places seem to have whole categories dedicated to *pink*. At first I thought it was a breast cancer awareness thing, but now I think maybe not.

[smilie=th_idontknow]

That's a good question because there are a ton of pink scents out there. It's a fragrance from Aquolina, which I have yet to smell firsthand but am now curious about. Sephora describes it as:

Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leaves, Lily of the Valley, Licorice, Strawberry, Red Fruit, Cotton Candy, Vanilla, Caramel, Musk, Wood, Powder.

Style:

Playful. Mischievous. Romantic.

I think most vendors must blend their own because it varies so much between them. The first Pink scent I tried was awful. Another was very soapy/floral. Both of those left me thinking that Pink Sugar must not be something I'd like. On a whim, after reading LOL's description of

A fruity blend of cotton candy, lemon drops, caramel and raspberry jam on a dry down of musk.

I tried it again because cotton candy, lemon, caramel and raspberry are scents I love. Musk can go either way. This blend blew me away. I'm hooked. I have to have it, and have a lot of it. I don't know if it's the most accurate dupe of the original scent, but so far it is the one I like the most.

But I also have to watch it, because I know that some blends are just *bad*, or not my thing. I'm guessing Crosscreek's blends will be to my liking since I did like her Pink Jingle Bells. Pink Sugar (like Vanilla Bean Noel) blends well with a variety of scents, and adds a distinctive tweak to them, which is probably why you see so many Pink This and Pink That offerings.

Froot Loops and Pink Sugar are two of my fave scents right now, so the idea of combining them is probably nirvana overload for me.

Froot Loops and Pink Sugar are two of my fave scents right now, so the idea of combining them is probably nirvana overload for me.

nirvana overload!

[smilie=th_funny_sign]

Thanks for the explanation on *pink*. I think I may just have to try some and see for myself! [smilie=th_1286B215]

Stardust-

LOL is a pretty good dupe. The original is fantastic,you should get some soon! Most of Deana's pink blends are sensational-so I am sure that the froot loops is a winner!

Nautilique- once you try pink sugar, you will probably go on a bender with it.LOL! LOL,Cleanse your soul, and Crosscreek have all got some great blends with this scent. CFTKR also is right up there with them. Have fun checking this one out! Blue sugar is another must try-its the male counter part for pink, and also smells great blended. One of the neatest blends I have found so far is blue and pink blended together. OMG has it under customer blends-

Battle of the Sexes...

You can have the thread back now-sorry for the hijack...

You can have the thread back now-sorry for the hijack...

Are you kidding? It was great to hear about those other options. If the fragrance is like LOL's I'll have to check it out next time I'm near Sephora - if it ever quits snowing here. [smilie=th_fe5b5651]

Stardust-

One of the neatest blends I have found so far is blue and pink blended together. OMG has it under customer blends-

Battle of the Sexes...

[smilie=kewl] That's one of the scents I gave my daughter in her Christmas gift tart basket, but it was from Haleys. I wonder if it's the same ? In any case, I'm gonna have to start bugging her to melt it so I can check it out! [smilie=th_c032]

It should be pretty close if its 50/50. I saw that Janet has that one, but haven't tried it from there. Let us know what you think of it.

I have never tried Pink Froot Loops. I can only take pink sugar scents in small doses...and I have to really be in the mood for a sweet scent. I do love Deana's Froot Loops though....that is a winner for sure.

Stardustgirl, did you end up ordering those melts from Crosscreek? I got Pink Frooty Cookies in this last order and it's pretty AWESOME.

Yes I did, Jules. Pink Frooty Cookies sounds amazing!! I don't think that was one I got, but I'd definitely order it. When I ordered at Valentine's I got 2 samplers in all different pink scents. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Deana has some wonderful blends and I will absolutely go back for more.

Jedda - I also tried Haley's Pink Frooty Loops and it was great! Good scent, big throw. It was one of 2 I've liked from her so far. Some of the other scents were just "eh", but she does have her Pink Frooty Loops skills finely honed!

I am going to root through my LOL stash and see what I have in pink from her-if she makes her froot loops pink, I should have it in there somewhere. I asked her to send me all the dang pinks she has...

I know I'm late to the party, but I would highly recommend Deana's Pink Fruit Loops! Anything Pink or Fruity from her is a winner and the two combined are GREAT! I would also try some of crosscreeks fruity and pink sugar blends. My favorite fruity blend from her is tropical fruit loop sugar cookies. It's out of this world good!