The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

debra99

Happy New Year with Scents of Good Cheer!

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Good snowy morning friends!!

We are on day 3 of being out of school/work because of snow!! I for one LOVE the snow and I don't ever want it to go away!! I love to watch it fall and I love to play in it and make snowcream and well..I LOVE SNOW!! LOL

Just finished placing a little order from Janet/Haleys..her sale started a day early and I could NOT resist!!

Aria, have fun in the snow girl..I love getting out in it!! Its so refreshing and invigorating!! Bet your boys will have a blast too!

LLVV, I am thinking of your dear Dad and sending special healing prayers up for him!! I know you must really be beside yourself..praying a special prayer for YOU too!! HUGS!!

Today I am melting Donna's Mistletoe..its an awesome good scent!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Have a great day everyone, enjoy the snow and be safe and stay warm too!

"hmmmm" (tapping fingers), you did WHAT? LOL

Hey all, melting CBV's Citrusmoon and Haley's Mrs. Claus Christmas Cookies (I think..lol) and burning a CBV candle that is a combo of Sugared Spruce and Goldilocks. Nice for this snowy day. Schools were closed today, so I had the day off. Back tomorrow though...yuck! Roads are loaded with snow. Not sure how the buses are gonna make it.

LLVV, sorry I missed what has been going on. I"m guessing dad is not doing well and I am sorry for what you and your family are going through. God Bless you all.

Have a great night everyone.

Oh yea, ordered two votives from ebay in the new Pink Sands scent from YC's spring line. I watched a review on youtube and had to try this one, but didn't want a huge candle quite yet.

BTW, UPS delivered here today. I got a lousy LUSH order in today. Just not pleased with the packaging lately with Lush and the amount of time it takes to get here.

Jumped back on to update the evening melts-

Heather and hyacinth-Candledippers

Sweet Potato Corn Muffins-CFTKR

That one is a super strong puppy-great freebie in my last order.

OK.... all you loving the snow... do you own plow companies? Because those guys have got to be raking in the dough tonight.

Ooooooo....good idea Stardust! :lol: I bet the snowplowers are making lottsa moola this year. Kinda makes me want to get one. [smilie=th_butbutbut] ....thinking back...the summer I bought a new mower, we had a drought :blink: ....and the year I got a snowblower, we had very little snow. [smilie=th_cha66] Nope, don't wanna jinx the snow, so I'll nix the plow idea. [smilie=th_cha40]

sweet & Maggie, did you guys get much snow?

Aria - We didn't get much, only about 3 inches. Hummmmph. :(

I'm melting CFTKR's Orange Chiffon Thumbprints. This is a wonderful comfort scent! :wub:

While doing my chores today, I got sidetracked by a call from VISA Fraud Prevention. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon There was some suspicious activity and charges, including $220 from a big box store's website. [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big] We never shop there, but they're apparently on top of things because right after they charged our account they refunded the money back. So yay for them, and yay for VISA for really being on top of things. [smilie=yes] Now we have to do some paperwork and get new cards. [smilie=th_sign0164] I only mention it here to say "Be careful, everyone."

I'm burning Slatkin's Frosted Cranberry this evening.

Have a lovely evening, friends!

Gail

While doing my chores today, I got sidetracked by a call from VISA Fraud Prevention. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon There was some suspicious activity and charges, including $220 from a big box store's website.

Puppy - Yikes - that's scary! [smilie=th_shout] Do they know how they got the CC info? If someone was ordering on line - could they track them down by where the item would have been delivered to? [smilie=th_scratch]

Good evening! Anyone bemoaning their lack of snow is more than welcome to any of mine. It's available for you to pick up absolutely free. Just show up with your shovels and trucks and help yourselves. [smilie=th_myspacepunked_sign000

Laurie - Congratulations on living in the only state NOT to have snow. You're living well.

Gail - glad Visa was on the ball! I had something funny happen with the Visa people when I went to Japan a few years ago. When I got back, I got a call about "suspicious activity" and the guy wanted me to confirm some charges. Instead of reading them to me, he wanted *me* to name the places I'd made purchases. Well, that was an exercise in frustration because I'd used different credit cards in different shops. I mentioned the few stores I knew, like Takashimaya and Familiar, but most of them were tiny shops or a place known to Peanuts fans as "the Snoopy Mall" (not the official name, which spoggled the Visa guy who just couldn't grasp that I didn't know the name of the mall I'd shopped at. *sigh*) I had to argue with the guy to convince him that yes, I'd been to Japan and bought an unholy amount of Snoopy souvenirs. When telling a friend the story, she said "you just blew an opportunity to get a bunch of free stuff". LOL!! It's true. The guy was just itching to make those disputed charges. I've no clue what was up with that. Maybe they were running a contest for who could catch the most bad charges.

Anyway... scents:

Melted The 3 Musketeers from LOL and immediately regretted it because I LOVE it - and I only had the one. So now I miss it. Wah.

Crosscreek - Flip Flops - nice! Good coconutty wish-I-were-somewhere-warmer scent

Crosscreek - Bayberry - your typical bayberry... good throw, would do it again.

[smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Hi Friends...boy oh boy....I am pooped out. Sledding was so much fun and I will sleep like a baby tonight for sure. sleep011.gif

Winding down the day with Slatkin's Fresh Balsam...was in the mood for something fresh and cozy smelling after being in the brisk air for a couple of hours. Smells great.

Maurie, good to see ya...sorry about the LUSH order. I think they ship from Canada which is why it takes longer. When I need a fix, I head to the lush at Macy's. I am loving the Ocean Salt facial cleanser.

Stardust, I will be right over to get that snow...sofunny.gif

sweet, aww, girl...only 3 inches? I think we got 5 or so. There is still lots of winter left...I'm sure you will get some more...yes.gif

Nautilique, bummer about the Early Sunrise...I like that scent. Maybe you just got a dud. It happens. I am totally loving Drift Away...have you tried that one yet? Looking forward to trying some of the new springy scents. I think a trip to YC may be in order soon.

Okay, gals, I really have to hit the hay....have a great night bf-goodnightfackelsmiley.gif

That is great, Gail! Dontcha like it when the system works?

Tonight we have PFS/Cool and Clean and

Scentsy/Spiced Grapefruit melting.

It's available for you to pick up absolutely free. Just show up with your shovels and trucks and help yourselves.

[smilie=th_lmao-1] Look out....here I come....

Finished off another 2 candles tonight which is good but sad...Prairie Kitchen was one of my favorites! Also finished my 32 Degrees... [smilie=th_Cry] I poured the wee bit of melted wax into my tart burners to get every last drop...

Also melting:

Blackberry & Sage from CFTKR

Burning:

Granny's Lemon Noel from SSS

Cranberry Peppermint from YC

Gail...glad everything worked out for you..coulda been a mess!

Aria...never got out with the girls...they had too much homework..so glad you had fun!!!

Gail--yesterday must have been fraud day for credit cards. We got a call late last night from Mastercard saying hundreds of dollars had been charged late in the day--we cancelled the card, have to do the paperwork, etc. just like you. It is crazy--we have been snowed in all week and have done no ordering or buying anywhere. I guess they just know how to hack into places and get your number. Just another hassle of life I guess. Sorry it happened to you, too.

Starting this frigid morning out with Yankee Vanilla Cupcake and Mango Peach Salsa.

Oooh, I'm gettin' nervous with all the credit card junk I'm reading about. I'm in enough trouble as it is with my cards whenever my DH gets the bill! :huh: I hope everything straightens out easily for everyone.

Well, the UPS man was frozen up in Alabama in his little brown shorts, I guess. No late delivery for me yesterday. :( But my updated tracking says TODAY he'll be here, so fingers crossed.

I am re-melting BlueBonnet from Haley's in my bedroom. It had a very hard time getting fully melted yesterday, but what I could get going was very nice. Maybe it's a wattage problem in there, but I love my melter and it's not going anywhere, so I may have to stick with some other vendors in there after I experiment a bit more.

Since I'm planning to get in on the Haleys' sale, I'm presently raiding my stash, and as soon as my potpourri pot in the living room remelts the old, I have Haley's Spice of the Forest on deck.

Bathrooms are still the same - kids bath has got McDreamy from AromaSoy by Grazia. But right now it just smells like burning hair (DD hair straightener - lol)

Limelight by Tyler is still in my bathroom (I shut it down when I was trying to get my YC Early Sunrise going and couldn't).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good Morning, Schools are cancelled again today due to the roads being icy. At first my kids thought it was cool but now after the forth day they know they have to make it up so they have mixed feelings.

LLVV, I'm praying for your Dad and family at this rough time. Stay strong.

Remelting for the third tealight Kim's Buttery Gingerbread and burning Slatkins Cranberry Woods.

Good Morning everyone! Schools cancelled again here too, I think because of below zero wind chills.....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Melting Haley's Sinfully Hot @ work.........definately one of my very favs from Haleys!

Good Morning! ;)

Kids are off to school...

Melting:

Buttermint from CFTKR

32 Degrees from LOL...leftovers..

Burning:

Cranberry Peppermint from YC...can not smell a thing out of this candle...had a tunneling issue but wrapped it in foil (thanks Jason) and dug out around the edge..

Have good one everyone!

Good morning!

Been so busy lately..... not much candle time. I did burn a very nice Chai votive last night from Oakmoss (Etsy store).

We have been digging out from the massive snowfall! We got around 27" of snow! School has been cancelled for a few days. I need to dig out to go to work though!

Hugs and well wishes to all my candle friends! [smilie=th_aa18]

Do they know how they got the CC info? If someone was ordering on line - could they track them down by where the item would have been delivered to?

No, they don't know how they got the CC info. I don't know if they could track 'em down or not. These criminals can be very clever, from what I hear. Ugh.

Stardust, how funny about Visa and your Japan trip.

Gail--yesterday must have been fraud day for credit cards. We got a call late last night from Mastercard saying hundreds of dollars had been charged late in the day--we cancelled the card, have to do the paperwork, etc. just like you. It is crazy--we have been snowed in all week and have done no ordering or buying anywhere. I guess they just know how to hack into places and get your number. Just another hassle of life I guess. Sorry it happened to you, too.

What a bummer, Trep. It's a hassle, that's for sure. VISA was just doing their job, but man, they really gave us the third degree to make sure we were us. (That sounds funny.) I'm not sure it makes much difference, but I'm changing most of my passwords too. I'm just glad they caught it, and glad Haley's takes other CCs besides VISA. There's some sort of sale going on over there, so I hear. [smilie=th_shewiggle]

A few years back, my DD had her identity stolen. Now THAT was a major headache!

Laurie, UPS man frozen in his little brown shorts? [smilie=th_LA839B1117] Poor dude.

Fleur [smilie=th_Hello_] Wowzers, that's a lot of snow! Stay safe and warm, friend!

I'm melting FM's Jack Frost. Soooo delightfully delectable!

Gail

Good Morning.

Got at least one kid back to school today, although the other one is home sick,geez I hate that! I just want to take it away and make her feel good again.

I have Blue Sugar-CFTKR

and relit my candles from yesterday.

Hope you all have a good day.

77288.gif Good Morning...

This morning I melted Wedding Cake from lunableu...fizzled out after a couple of hours.

Now I've started melting Cinnamon Vanilla from LSC...getting some faint whiffs and not too sure about this one. It may be a little too much cinnamon for my taste. I don't care for hot cinnamon scents, which this one seems to smell like. I was hoping the vanilla would tone down the cinnamon. May switch to something else very soon....

DS#2 woke up early this morning complaining of a headache. Gave him some Motring and kept him home from school since he had no appetite and looked a little pale. No fever. He now seems to be feeling a lot better...thank goodness.

Happy melting everyone! toodlepeeps.gif

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. It means so much to me. My dad is getting worse. They did the procedure but he ended up on a ventilator because he required full anesthesia due to something with his oxygen level. They tried to get him off and couldn't the first time. We thought he was going to pass a little sooner than expected but the next day they attempted to get him off of the ventilator and did so successfully. He has a lot of other bad stuff going on so we'll see. One day at a time. Sometimes I feel it's like one hour at a time. I hate living like this. I always knew what to expect. I prepared myself well for what will eventually happen. I research so I know what to expect. I hate surprises. However, reading is one thing. Being face to face with it is scary and uncomfortable. I haven't seen him since Sunday as he is now in the ICU. They are trying to get him back into a regular oncology room but they need his breathing to improve. We are waiting for his condition to be more stable as he is sleeping a lot and when he is awake he is usually in a lot of pain from the kidney biopsy so they give him more pain medication which makes him go back to sleep. I had a long talk with DD about what's going on with grandpa. He was very upset but I explained it in a way that she knew we'd all be ok if he died. I made it sound like something positive and that he'd be happier and free of pain. So, she's upset but she is ok with it. I pray he gets some kind of peace.

CFTKR Tarts:

Carmelized Pears - CFTKR

City of Lights - CFTKR

Apple Grove - CFTKR

Tooth Fairy - CFTKR

Egg Nog - CFTKR

Pumpkin Bread - CFTKR

YC Candles:

Italian Lemon Biscotti jar

Holiday Sage jar

Spice jar - Slatkin

LLVV, I'm so sorry. I am thinking of your dad and your family and sending my prayers. Such a difficult time.

LLVV~ I was in your shoes 5 years ago and there are no words I could say that could help you in your anguish... [smilie=th_bighug-1] I am so sorry for the pain you are going through and your whole family remain in my prayers.