The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

candles from Spotted Hog??

Hi everyone:

I would like to purchase big candles for upcoming b-day presents (one for my mother and one for an aunt) I was thinking about trying "the spotted hog"...any experience with this one? I like the sizes of their jars and the many choices.

And one last thing...what are your thoughts on soy candles (because spotted hog carries them too) are they strong throwing or weaker? I ask this because I like really strong scents and I've heard that soy isn't as potent so before I spend I'd like to know if there is a difference.

Happy melting....

Hi Cheryl! I gave my two "scents" on the thread above, but I know what you mean about soy candles in general. A lot of times, they are weaker in throw or just have a strange underlying smell to them. In my experience, SH all soy candles (medium size) have been exceptional. I have bought 2 candles in all soy and they have both been super strong & definitely comparable to the regular candles. I got the Fried Cinnamon Dumplings & Goblin Sin-o-min Sugar Cake in all soy. HTH! :)

I love SH candles, too. I think they burn well and put out a very good throw. I haven't tried her soy candles yet.

[smilie=th_thwhatshesaid]

My SH candles have burned very well. I choose scent by how well it throws as a tart, so have avoided anything with a light throw. I've had Goblin Sin O Mon Sugar Cake, and Perfect Pumpkin Pie and they were both excellent.