The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Christmas Time, Scents Sublime

Starting my day out with Yankee Orchard Pear, Christmas Cookie and Vanilla Cupcake. We are quite unseasonally warm this morning and under a tornado watch. By tomorrow we will be back in the deep freeze, though.

LLVV--glad you were able to make yourself feel at least a tad better. Hang in there--these kinds of things are so hard to deal with.

Hope everyone enjoys their New Year's Eve day.

Hi everyone!!

Hope you all had a beautiful Christmas. We had a very nice relaxing day, but I'm glad its almost over. Gotta get back on track and stop eating all this fattening food. I think I gained about 3 pounds!

Tonight, we are having family over tonight as usual, its my brother in laws birthday, and don't ask me why, but I have it at my house.

The hubby's car took a crap last Friday, so tomorrow afternoon we are off to pick up our new car. Usually, I get the new car and hubby gets the older one, but my car is only 5 years old and I love it, soooo he's gonna get to drive the new car for a while. Once the DD starts driving next year, she will get my car and we will try sharing a car. Hubby works nights, I work days, and it should work out, but if not, car shopping again we will go.

LLVV, sorry to hear that your feeling a little down about Dad, glad that the hubby got your spirits up a little!! Smooches to the girlie, and hope she had a fantastic Christmas!

I hope you all have a fantastic New Years!!!

Last nights melt was Haileys Black Cherry, whoa, that was one scrumptious smelling tart, loved it~

Happy birthday Terrie70 and Toberetired! [smilie=th_f0424ea25f87db180cc7d (threads started in Birthday Wishes)

[smilie=th_bb20]

It's unusually warm here, too. After being in the 20's up until now, it feels/looks like an early spring day out there. All the purdy snow is quickly melting. [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

I'm burning my new Slatkin Vanilla Shortbread candle. At least I'm trying to. [smilie=th_pullhair] This is the first Slatkin I've had problems with, as others sometimes have had, too. It's been burning for over 3 hours and still doesn't have a full melt pool cuz the wicks (skinny ones) just have a tiny flames and are almost going out. I'm threatening to take it back to the store [smilie=th_m4t3zo4] , but it's not paying any attention to me. :blink: I'm moving on to melts and just put on FP's Spicy Eggnog Bread and it's SO good! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Everyone have a fun, safe New Year's eve tonight! [smilie=th_drinks]

Hi buddies,

Stardust, you felt the earthquake too, eh? I hope all's well.

LLVV, what a sweet man your DH must be. You always sound so crazy about your DH and DD. Adorable!

Sillys, I hear you on the holiday weight gain. I've got to get my act back together too! Have a nice get together for your DB.

Sweet, what a bummer about your wick problem. It's aggravating when that happens. Spoils perfectly good wax! Let us know if you return it.

eta: Sweet, I don't see a birthday thread for Tobe. [smilie=th_confused3]

I'm melting Haley's White Christmas. No white stuff here but it's cold enough, that's for sure.

Gail

eta: Sweet, I don't see a birthday thread for Tobe. [smilie=th_confused3

Puppy - thanx for letting me know. It was there....where'd it go?? :o Maybe I didn't put enuf glue on it. [smilie=th_th1ptgno] I reposted, so it should be there now.

good early afternoon, all.

sounds like many of us are having unseasonably warm temps today. sunny, bright, and I have my one window open a bit here in the bedroom. I'm still lounging around in the bed, complete w/3 snoring fur fellas which yesterday, everyone was snoring nicely including hubby when the grumble began. lol

hope everyone has a nice day/eve. only plans here are to go get a new printer. My 'old' one was only 3 yrs old but my new pc and laptop both have 64bit windows 7. Older cannon products don't have drivers for 64 bit windows 7. Odd but out went my printer and my cannon scanner. :( hubby and i will run to best buy and a couple more places then for early chinese buffet. home before about 6 and staying in to watch stuff on tv. funny how the older u get, the less hoo-hah u want. I used to love new years eve; my siblings and I would go out to dinner w/our mom then go to someone's house and stay all night. what fun.

anywhoo,

not melting much here this morning except for yesterday's leftovers. got to get myself in gear. I am thinking that since it is such a beautiful day out, i don't want heavy. i love CFTKR apple grove. it is her mac apple but w/something else in there I can't put my finger on but so pretty, strong, no spice. perfect for a day like this.

Snow, glorious snow! Finally! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Yes, we finally got some measurable snow here in the Denver area, about 4 1/2 inches. It's supposed to be pretty cold here this week, so I bet it will stick around for a while. The only time I really hate getting snow is in April. For some reason, March and early April often are so warm and sunny that we come down with spring fever. But then sudden freezing temps and snowfalls in late April and early May destroy our fruit tree blossoms and flowers.

So far this morning I've been burning Colonial Candle Pink Champagne, in honor of New Year's Eve. It's not a super strong one, but it is refreshing and you can smell the citrus and carbonation. It's one of those heavy, oval glass jars, double wicked. I peeled the label off so I can enjoy watching the pretty, clear pink melt pool below the two flames. The way the glass is shaped really reflects the light beautifully.

I sure hope everyone enjoys safe, happy New Year festivities! Our plans are for a quiet evening. One of these years I am going to host a New Year's Eve party, but tonight I just want to take it easy and watch the countdowns or a movie on television. There's not much point in going to bed before midnight, because fireworks always get shot off all over the neighborhood and wake us up if we dare even try to sleep. It's going to be so cold tonight that hopefully they won't carry on for hours and hours like last 4th of July.

sweet tart, I LOVE CFTKR and CCCC coconut milk and lavender! I use it in my bedroom and call it my 'sleepy time tart'. I love melting it before I go to bed after work; so relaxing, clean, cozy.

I'm not big on lavender scents, nor coconut but somehow it works so well.

Susan- yes yes!! The candle buddies on facebook had a post talking about clean scents and someone mention how CFTKR Coconut & Lavender was such a nice clean scent and i think that was you who had mention it. ;) Hee hee! So i dug in my tart stash saying "Hey i got that one someone where, lets give it a try" :) Like you, im not too fond of lavender scents but man does those two mixture smell so well together. Very nice and relaxing indeed. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Aria- How fun shopping at Sephora and Lush!! Hope you get some goodies to enjoy. I love Sephora but its so darn expensive to me. I stop by once in awhile just to see whats new and whats in. I could be there for hours. Lol

Sweet&spicey- Oh no your BBW candle wick is drowning!! [smilie=th_u51] Hate when that happens and i know they have an awesome exchange/return policy but when that happens, sometime im sick of alway having to exchange all the time. <_< Have you try what i posted earlier before where just dip a folded papper towel to take out/absorb some of the wax out while its burning, eventually the flame will come back up. Hope that helps becuz it does help me. [smilie=th_aa17]

LLVV- Aww that so sweet of DH to do that for you. Enjoy your YC goodies.

Well no plans to count down anywhere tonight for New Years. [smilie=th_sign0164] ...dont really care actually. Eh i kno, im a bore. Wateverrrr! :tongue: Lol.

Planning to do some damage on CBV to take advantage of her 10% off sale while it last since im beginning to like her candles more and more. Hmmm.. what to do, what to do. Decisions, decisions. I dont know you guys!! [smilie=th_confused3]

I dug into CFTKR pastry cuttables called Berry Sublime Sugared Coated Pie Crust. Hard to cut into and so messing. Lol. But it was sure so cute looking while it last. And smells yummy when melting! Also melting CFTKR Island Fresh.

OMG...Sweettart..I have a little itch to order from CBV too...what is wrong with me?? I have plenty but I have this weird urge to do it...my bestfriend would kill me [smilie=th_thConfus_55] Shhhhh..don't tell her, ok??

Its a great New Years Eve here today, with warm temps too, I love the cold better, but we still have LOTS of snow laying around from last week, a little warm up would be nice to melt it away and get ready for MORE...LOL!!

Have a great day [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Happy New Year's Eve! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

I have Sangria from Scentsy going.

Gail and Silly - I need to step away from the cookies...but my willpower is not-so-good right now!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!

Silly...Sorry about the car. I hope your DH enjoys his new one.

Terrie & Toberetired... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ladies!

Sweet&Spiceygirl...Here's the trick to dealing with stubborn Slatkins. The low flame issue will be there for 1/2 of the candle but once 1/2 of it is gone, the issue actually resolves itself. Until then (especially if this is a candle that you really like) try this:

-As soon as you see the flames getting low blow out the candle. This usually happens around the 3 hour mark.

-Let the candle cool down and solidify.

-Snip off a small amount of wick (very small amount!!!).

-Relite. The problem should be fixed for another 3 hours or so.

With the exception of DD's Christmas tree, all of the trees are down.

We are bringing New Year's Eve to my dad's hospital room. He's been in a very good hospital with a cancer center since Tuesday. This is so he can get a special radiation treatment to reduce his pain. DD and I bought some New Year's decorations at the supermarket yesterday. DH got some sparkling cider and nice looking clear plastic cups. I packed up some dishes and silverware. On he way to the hospital we are picking up his favorite Chinese appetizers and soup. For the courtesy of the other patients there we are leaving the noisemakers at home. DD isn't happy about that. My dad never really cared about New Year's Eve much but this year he wants to celebrate it so celebrate it we shall. Tomorrow I'll bring over New Year's lunch or dinner. Not sure which one yet and not sure what it will be as he doesn't eat much these days. Mostly soup and very light meals. Any ideas of something that can be transported easily but has a homecooked taste?

Tarts:

Brown Sugared Turtle Pie

Hey Sugar

Pecan Caramel Flapjack

Candles:

Winter Wonderland tea light

Holiday Sage jar

Christmas Tre jar...must finish this one up. Beautiful candle but Christmas is over. Instead of buying a new one at the SAS I should of just put a lid on this and saved it for next year.

Time to go get ready.

LLUV, taht sounds like such a great plan! I am sure your dad will enjoy it [smilie=th_december2201661-1] I'm not sure about the food? Maybe some appetizers you can assemble there... cheese, crackers, pepperonis or veggies? You can maybe take a little cooler? Oatmeal cookies always come to mind for me to take places, lol :) Have a great time!

It is unseasonably warm here too~ and muddy! It goes back down to 30 on Sunday with snow in the forecast for a whole week. At least it looks prettier than mud.

I went to Yankee last night (partly just to get out of the house!!) I found the cutest shade... someone had returned it. I've never seen the line before~ it was beautiful shiny red with silver glitter snowflakes on it. The shape is more like an old fashioned candle sconce, not the current shade shape they have. I love red and it was the only one so I snatched her up. I also bought 2 jars, Shortbread cookie (for my new jar warmer!) and Spiced Pear [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] I also bought a small caramel candle in the 2 wick. I bought a Peppermint Snowman plate to match my illumalid. That's the only line I bought this year. I had 2 coupons so all of that was 36.00. I was brave and asked for 2 seperate orders. I hope to go back later next week and snag a Grapefruit and a North Pole. Coupons especially make them such great deals. I also love finding the obscure candles or accessories that make their way out during the sales.

We are going to a friends house later for a family party. It will be fun to get out and celebrate a little. The sound of the Wii is going to drive me INSANE [smilie=th_5337c1ad] Although our friends have one too, so I better have a few of these... [smilie=th_cocktail]

Happy New Years Eve friends!

Happy_new_year.gif Hi there everyone....I've been melting Birthday Cake from Can-Do all day...yum.

Wow, so many posts...I tried to quickly read them all...hope I didn't miss anything.

Susan and katz, was it you guys asking about Secret Recipe from Can-Do? My best description is that it's a sweet, slightly spicy bakery scent. Maybe like a spicy sugar cookie? Or a snickerdoodle? It was heavenly and lasted quite a long time.

LLVV, hope your evening is enjoyable.

SweetTart, yes, Sephora is pricey, but I did go and just got a Stila eyeliner pencil and a NARS blush. The damage $ wasn't too bad. LUSH was a different story...did a little more $ damage there....thank goodness for the gift card. Also, at LUSH, I got lots of buy one, get one free items! ALL of their Christmas stuff is BOGO....just sayin', in case there are any LUSH lovers out there.

I experienced an earthquake a couple of years ago in Indiana (lived there for only a year...long story...lol)...it was early in the morning and woke all of us up. The aftershocks were pretty big too.

I'm making a nice pot roast for dinner tonight. Later on, we're going over to one of our neighbors' house for some snacks and games. They live right down the street from us, so that is nice that we don't have to drive out on the roads with any drunk drivers.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Thanks for the suggestions for those pesky Slatkins wicks! [smilie=th_yourock]

Saw the damage from those tornado's on the news. Hope everyone is safe in the midwest. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

My last melt of this year (doesn't that sound odd? :blink: ) is Can-Do's Apple Cellar.

Wishing you all a happy, healthy, peaceful New Year!

May you all receive lots of this ---> :upssmiley1: and this ---> [smilie=th_blij81]

and none of this ---> [smilie=th_cry2yw3] .

Sweet &Spicey - that's a bummer about your Slatkin candle! I grew so frustrated with BBW candles because they're so good at coming up with yummy scents, but are epic failures at wicking 101.

SweetTart and Busymom - you CBV addicts!! Yeah... me too. I think she'll be my first order of 2011. I have a list of some things I want for February (like one of her heart shaped bowls).

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

LLVV - your NYE plans with your Dad sound really nice. I'll bet he's happy to have you all visiting him. One easy-transport food I know if is a beef stroganoff made with soup. It's one pound of stew beef, 1 can cream of mushroom, 1 can cream of celery, and one can of cream of onion soup. Put all that in a crock pot for the day and then dish it over noodles when it's done.

[smilie=th_806e4b7f]

LOL @ Aria - So, escaped after one year, eh? Smart! I remember that quake. It literally rolled me out of bed. And yep, the aftershocks were pretty noticeable.

ToBeRetired and Terri - Happy Birthday!!

[smilie=th_8d1933ff]

It was nice again today, so I melted Froot Loops (of course!) and a stray Hot Scent Boutique melt (that was by far the oldest thing in the stash). It was Blackberry Thumbprint Cookies and it still had amazing throw.

[smilie=party]

[smilie=th_thjoseandcousinm]

Hope everyone is enjoying New Year's Eve. [smilie=th_december2201661-1] DH is working tomorrow so we're staying home tonight. Think I'll tune into the news and watch as everyone freezes their buns off down on the strip. The low is supposed to be 28 and it's already below freezing. Kind of unusual for it to be this cold. I'm happy to be home and melting! Tonight is Gingersnap from Scentsy.

I bet the strip gets really crazy, mp!

Happy New Year, East Coasters! [smilie=th_a056]

I have been playing around with the "friend button", trying to figure it out. It works for some, but for other CF buddies I try, they get posts saying they are not authorized to answer! Anyone else run into this? (Time for some diagnostics!) [smilie=th_scratch]

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL!!!

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Debra~ I haven't a clue...I'm not very technical but I really should take some time to look around at all the bells and whistles on this site...

LLVV~ What a wonderful sounding New Years with your Dad! I hope you all had a great night!!!

Melting:

Eskimo Kisses from Snickerdoodle Creations

Holiday Pine from Old Virginia Candle Co.