The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

Battle of the Pink Sugars

For a while I could not understand what all the fuss was about Pink Sugar. Just plain old Pink Sugar, not mixed with anything.

I'd tried two, one from a vendor I've long forgotten that was crazy perfumey and annoying, and one from CBV that had a floral / soapy type scent. Since I'm not much of a perfumey or soapy scent person, I thought that Pink Sugar was just something I didn't care for.

And then I got one from LOL. O.M.G. this one has a strong sugary sweet, maybe just a touch of lemon, scent that is just heavenly. I had to re-order and get tarts and a candle.

So... anyone else have such varied experiences with Pink Sugar? I was thinking it would be similar no matter where you got it, but no! Who have you tried and what did you think? Any certain notes dominate?

Definiately Stardust! Since I first tried PS in perfume and fell in love with it, I figured I find that exact scent in the wax...not to be. I've always ordered it mixed with other scents and thought that was ruining the PS scent, but after a while I realized that the base PS was wrong with some vendors. I totally agree that LOL has a really yummy sugary PS which is [smilie=th_smilies-2] !!

So, anyone else who knows of a really good Pink Sugar like LOL's? Has anyone tried Spotted Hog's version?

It's so weird because Fruit Loops is Fruit Loops is Fruit Loops from the places I've tried, which makes me think it's a straight-from-the-bottle fragrance oil, but the Pink Sugar scent seems to be unique to each vendor.

*bump* to see if anyone has tried Luna Bleu's Pink Sugar.

They're a vendor I want to try this year and I know they have a bazillion Pink Sugar blends. Is their's anything like LOL's or is it more floral, or???

They've got those sampler packs and I'd spring for their Pink Sugar sampler if it sounds like one I'd like, otherwise I'll probably get a different sampler and just one Pink Sugar tart.

Hi there! I haven't tried LOL's Pink Sugar but I have to agree with you in regards to the scent being unique to each vendor. I've tried a few where the scent was just "off" or didn't even smell very appealing. Whenever I try a new vendor, I always order their Pink Sugar. Can-Do candles "Pink Sugar Beans" is wonderful. I know you asked for straight PS rather than blends but that particular scent, to me, smells most like the original. Nice throw, too. Tuscaderos Pink Sugar is so far my favorite. I order from both vendors quite often and always order those two PS scents.

As for Luna Bleu, I placed an order a month ago. I went crazy ordering all kinds of pink sugar blends. I've heard her TAT is quite long and I ordered a couple weeks before Christmas so I don't expect it to be shipped for at least another week or two :( No word yet but I'll keep you posted!

On a side note, Donna from Can-Do and Sandy from Tuscaderos have superb communication and excellent TAT.

I hope this helps. I love Pink Sugar so I'll keep an eye on this thread!

Thanks! That does help a lot. It sounds like I should try Can-Do and/or Tuscadero's PS when I give them a whirl (I've not tried either one yet.... Can-Do is on my radar, though).

It also sounds like I'd pass on Luna Bleu with that TAT. I'm not impatient, but more than 30 days is a red flag to me. I think it was their Facebook page I was looking at and saw a lot of "has my stuff shipped" posts. So.. hmm.... maybe if that improves. Thanks for the heads-up on that!

I realize that this is an old topic but wanted to comment.

My favorite Pink Sugars are Haley's and Shayz's. Both are soooo good. The best that I have

tried... [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Thanks for bumping this up i keep reading all about pink sugar so i ordered a sampler from a vendor and the scents were very weak i will try a few you all listed as funds allow. Thanks

I've tried some more since posting.

Haley's - I got her Pink Sugar cupcake shape tarts and while their longevity was good, the throw was almost nonexistent. But her Pink Froot Loops was strong, and so was Battle of the Sexes (pink and blue sugars).

LSC - Pink Sugar and all its variants have a good throw and smell great

Crosscreek - another thumb's up, she's got some amazing blends.

I think LOL is still my fave for PS, but some of the others have a wider choice of variations.