The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Feast of Fragrances

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

Trep, thanks for your input on the wicks. I'm glad someone else noticed the difference. Makes me feel better, knowing I'm not TOO obsessive! [smilie=th_shewiggle]

Busymom, I love Apple Jack & Peel! [smilie=yes] I haven't tried Carol's but I'm sure it's super!

Aria, that TMI sentence about your cat was hilarious! Been there before, that's for sure!

NYgal, [smilie=th_hello] Nice to "see" you again! Thanks for your thoughts on the wick issue. Good to know what works for you! Yeah, thanks, I was really looking forward to that Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin, darn it. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Maggie, you're [smilie=th_we0081] re the wick info. I hope you love your Slatkin candles! Keep us posted!

It sounds like there's lots of rain around the country. And cool autumn weather. It's 86 here today, which is A-OK for this heat lover. I'm melting FM's Pineapple Paradise. I'm sure loving FM. I get a strong throw with half a tart and the scents are oh-so-good! It could be called Pineapple Paradise Perfection!

Gail

I am back...wavehi.gif

Started another melter with Pumpkin Bread Puddin' from Can-Do. Oh my goodness, this is so good. Someone slap me! smsqwhat1.gif

Gail, glad I gave ya a chuckle. My little feline is okay now. Poor thing.

Maggie, I've never heard of Country Button Candles...what an adorable name! Those sound like cozy scents you have going.

Okay, gonna go brew some fresh coffee and start doing some dinner prep. smiley_cooking.gif

balloonsb.gif See you all later!!! Happy Melting!

This has turned out to be a surprisingly busy day. I have three candles burning--one from Dollar General called Winter Woods--this is a very nice Christmas tree scent--not too strong, not too light, just right. Also have on Yankee Vanilla Cupcake medium two wick and the special Spiced Pumpkin jar--then I have in my crock warmer Yankee Strawberry Buttercream. The house is smelling very nice.

I decided I better start digging out some of my Christmas stuff to see what I have before I start buying more and regretting it. Ha!! Found several things I forgot. My birthday is exactly a week before Christmas so I often get holiday items that I put away for the next year and forget about. I found one of those large Angel Tree nativity sets in the closet that I had forgotten that some dear friends gave me last year on my birthday. I did put it out and left it awhile but had totally forgotten I had it. Now to dig through the Yankee accessories and see how that goes. Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Skylar-- love your avatar!

Oh dear, Aria, I didn't mean to make light of your kitty's distress. [smilie=th_sorry_] I assumed it was a typical hairball kinda thing. I'm so glad your little sweetie's feeling better now. [smilie=th_catkiss]

I'm melting SSS's Sugared Strawberries. So Scrumptious!

Gail, who just used up her daily allotment of the letter S [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

LOL Gail!

Trep, how nice that you found the nativity set from last year. I need to check mine out too. I found 2 Yankee oil/ tart warmers with the silver reindeer that I bought last year. I bet I have a few more things hidden away... [smilie=typen]

Currenltly melting a PI Maple candle on the plate warmer and hoping I don't remember one of you telling me NOT to put frosted jars on there [smilie=th_confused3]

Puppy - thanks for the info on Slatkin's wicks. I'll have to go & see if mine are thick or thin. Research! [smilie=th_slider_hi5]

Aria - Pumpkin Bread Pudding is one of my faves...yummmm! :wub:

I'm melting Cozy Cottage's Pumpkin Souffle (it's [smilie=th_fabulous1]) [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] and burning YC Pumpkin Pie candle.

Gail-You always write such witty and entertaining posts.

I just lit lots of candles. Its a cold and rainy night here. The candles are so cozy.

Burning-

Haley's Butternut Pumpkin

YC Spiced Pumpkin

For Everybody Sugar Cookie

White Barn Warm Vanilla Sugar

Maureen- Hope you get better soon. I hate it too when i get a cold, i won't be able to smell a thing. Pooey! Get plenty of rest girl. Hope you get back into melting those yummy smellies soon.

trep- I love YC Fresh Cut Roses! One of my fav scents

PuppyLove- Very interesting to know about the BBW candles of the thin wick and the thick wick thing. Come to think of it, i think the ones that i have come across to is the thick ones and almost all of the candles drown and i dont even trim the wick. [smilie=th_gif] I duno what else to do as i was just so turn off by it that i didnt bother exchanging it for another and just return it as i had posted earlier before. [smilie=th_sign0164] But i will be on the look out to see one of the thin wicks ones. Thanx for the info.

Well [smilie=th_blij81] I had an interview today and i thought it turn out GREAT!! and not only that you guys... I just got a phone call and I GOT THE JOB!! Yey!! [smilie=th_yahoo] I didnt expect to get a phone call the same day for a job offer! Im so happy and a little emotional of it. Im just so thankful and grateful of everything. I truely do believe things happen for a reason and for the better. [smilie=th_aa17]

Recent melts:

CFTKR Green Apple and Cinnamon- this smells similar to her Apple Jacks scent.

CFTKR Raspberry Rainbow- love it

Can-Do Sea Blossom-love this one

Evening all,

Been melting a few good ones the last couple of days.

CCCC- All Hallow's Eve- kinda sweet vanilla cinnamonny goodness

Bella's- Scarlet Moon- berry mixed with some earthy scent.

Burning some HFO from BBW- Twisted Peppermint and Creamy Nutmeg. The TP was out of this world good! The nutmeg was kinda on the light side, family members liked it, so I guess I will keep that one too. I haven't really burned HFO much before and I am finding I like it since you get fragrance so quickly once you light it up.

Karrie

Congrats Sweettart!!! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr You must have aced that interview!!!!

Aria~ I am so glad your kitty is ok...I also didn't understand that the poor thing was not well!!!

Same melts and candles as before...but also have Haunted House from Can-do in the BR...love that one!

That is super, Sweet!!! When do you start?

I also am burning YC Pumpkin Pie tonight.

Speaking of kitties...tonight I am home alone and I heard a lot of scary bumping up against the house near the window in an area that there is no outside lighting. I was worried that someone was going to try to break in. [smilie=eek] After pacing and trying to make the dogs bark I noticed the cupboard door by the window bump out...the cat had gotten in the cupboard and I closed him up in there! Whew! Glad it wasn't a bad guy and glad I found the kitty!

Michele, thank you. I'm glad you get a kick out of my posts. [smilie=th_a194] How do you like your Haley's Butternut Pumpkin candle? I ordered that scent in a tart. It sounds soooo good!

SweetTart, wow, big congrats to you, girlie! Let's celebrate!!! [smilie=th_december2201661-1] Hmm, interesting that your thicker wicks drown too. We'll all have to make like Sherlock and keep comparing notes to try and solve the mystery.

Kerrie, you tempt me to want to try HFO's. How fun!

Debra, that's so cute about your kitty. I'm glad the strange noises were him instead of a bad guy! So good he's back out and about now too. [smilie=th_c61] We frequently have strange noises here. Some of my family members and I are convinced the place is haunted. Fortunately, it seems to be a friendly Casper type. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Weird, just too weird, I know... [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big]

I'm burning Slatkin Leaves again tonight. Wonderful, just plain wonderful!

Gail

Starting this chilly morning out with Yankee Raspberry Cream and Spiced Pumpkin and Huckelberry Layne Very Vanilla.

SweetTart- [smilie=th_congratulations] --so happy for you getting a job so quickly. You must have wowed them at the interview--Way to go!! I hope you will be very happy with this new position.

Morning everyone [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Meting Carol's Cider and Snap. We have a field trip in the woods today and a sleepover tonight. Still putting away Halloween stuff. Have a great day!

[IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/tntmom69/coffee/cafe1.gif[/IMG] Good Morning!

I'm remelting Donna's (Can-Do) Pumpkin Bread Puddin' from yesterday...still going strong. I agree Sweet, it's a real winner!

[quote name='PuppyLove' timestamp='1288903765' post='138155']
Oh dear, Aria, I didn't mean to make light of your kitty's distress. [smilie=th_sorry_] I assumed it was a typical hairball kinda thing. I'm so glad your little sweetie's feeling better now. [smilie=th_catkiss]
[/quote]

Gail, gf, no apologies necessary you silly girl. [IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/tntmom69/emotions/dontmention.gif[/IMG] I think he just ate too fast...he is quite the little piggy.

[quote name='MaggieMae' timestamp='1288921681' post='138190']

Aria~ I am so glad your kitty is ok...I also didn't understand that the poor thing was not well!!!

[/quote]

Thanks Maggie! [IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/tntmom69/smileys/catsmileyhug.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='debra99' timestamp='1288925561' post='138196']

Speaking of kitties...tonight I am home alone and I heard a lot of scary bumping up against the house near the window in an area that there is no outside lighting. I was worried that someone was going to try to break in. [smilie=eek] After pacing and trying to make the dogs bark I noticed the cupboard door by the window bump out...the cat had gotten in the cupboard and I closed him up in there! Whew! Glad it wasn't a bad guy and glad I found the kitty!
[/quote]

debra, this made me [IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/tntmom69/emotions/thcoffeescreen.gif[/IMG] because I have closed my little darling in the kitchen cupboards too!

[quote name='Joan' timestamp='1288957172' post='138202']
Morning everyone [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Meting Carol's Cider and Snap. We have a field trip in the woods today and a sleepover tonight. Still putting away Halloween stuff. Have a great day!
[/quote]

Joan, have fun on the field trip...I think Carol's Cider Snap is being discontinued...[IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/tntmom69/emotions/Cry.gif[/IMG]

SweetTart, I wanted to congratulate you on your new job! [IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/tntmom69/smileys/Disco_Fever_Dance_Inferno.gif[/IMG] You sound thrilled! Sea Blossom is a lovely scent...I've had Carol's version and it is so delicate and just perfect.

Okay, gals, I forgot to mention something. A couple nights ago, I watched a movie...The Others...oh my goodness [IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/tntmom69/emotions/nervoussmiley.gif[/IMG] what a great ghost story! Has anyone else seen it...it's several years old and Nicole Kidman is in it and gives an excellent performance. Loved the whole thing from beginning to end...and loved the twist!!! Oh my!!! If you have not seen this movie and like to be spooked out....you must see it...wow.
This was me going upstairs to bed afterwards--->[IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/tntmom69/emotions/lookandleave.gif[/IMG]

Okay, I am off....have a great day everyone! [IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/tntmom69/smileys/group5.gif[/IMG]

Aria said:

Okay, gals, I forgot to mention something. A couple nights ago, I watched a movie...The Others...oh my goodness what a great ghost story! Has anyone else seen it...it's several years old and Nicole Kidman is in it and gives an excellent performance. Loved the whole thing from beginning to end...and loved the twist!!! Oh my!!! If you have not seen this movie and like to be spooked out....you must see it...wow.

Oh yeah, this one does have quite a fascinating twist! I actually own a copy of this movie.

Sweet, so happy to hear your good news, and I hope everything goes smoothly as you start your new job!

I know exactly what it's like to be spooked by your very own pet critters! One time my DD's gerbil escaped, and I didn't realize it. I was up late watching a movie when I heard some sort of creature rummaging around in our pantry. Honestly, it sounded like a raccoon in there or something it was so loud! I grabbed a broom and cautiously approached to open the pantry door, ready to attack, when I had a gnawing thought in the back of my mind about the gerbil. Sure enough, the cage was empty! The gerbil remained on the loose for a day or so when we located it under the kitchen stove. We ended up pulling the stove out and blowing the critter out from under it with my husband's air compressor! So funny!

This morning I have been melting, and burning, YC Autumn Wreath. Love this one, but my little mini jar candle is suffering from drowning wick syndrome now that it has burned about half way down. Frustrating!

Hi, everyone and happy November! (I know, I'm a little late ;) I'm FINALLY home enough today to melt something this week....Autumn Wreath - Crosscreek's version.

Off to spin class in a little bit but then I'm sticking close to home today to get somethings done. I will probably start on my Autumn Leaves jar (YC) later. Have a great Friday!

Aria~ The Others is one of our FAVORITE movies!!!! We watch it all the time and never get bored of it...it's probably the only movie that I like Nicole Kidman in. What a twist, huh? Kinda like Gail's house!!!

Did you ever see Dragonfly? That's a good one too!

Gail~ It is funny how things can be a bit strange sometimes with odd noises in the house. I was raised with the idea that it is "just the way things are" so it's never been strange or spooky to me. On the other hand, there is a house down the block where supposedly water turns on and off and they see apparitions....now that is SCARY! Don't know if it's true or not but I don't want to see that!

Debra~ Glad it was your cutie and not an intruder! WHEW!

Melting:

Harvest Delight from Whiffn Sniff

Warm Apple Cobbler from Candles, Melts and More...boo hoo hoo...no more.

Burning:

Trick or Treat from YC

Nanny's Kitchen & Prairie Kitchen from CBC...Aria..I really love these! They have a fantastic throw! The only neg is they don't update the website and the scent list is small...but I've always been happy with my orders!

Aww Thank you all oh so much for the congrats, wishes and kind words!! You guys are so sweet! I really do appreciate it! [smilie=th_aa18]

debra99- I start Monday! Thanx for asking. ^_^

Hmm, interesting that your thicker wicks drown too. We'll all have to make like Sherlock and keep comparing notes to try and solve the mystery.

PuppyLove- Hmmm good idea, i think we should. [smilie=th_aa17] Ill keep an eye on the thin wick ones and will try them out and see if they will have the same issue. and oh my you think your house is kinda haunted? scarey... :o

Aria- I also like the move "the others." Such a surprise ending huh? Great story line i must say.

MaggieMae- I also saw Dragonfly and i like that one as well. Its kinda sad don't you think so?

Well I came across at target the other day and saw that Febreze had a woodwick collection out. Has anyone tried this yet? I just got a coupon for it and thinking of trying it since i haven't tried woodwick type candle before. Will let you guys know if i bought it (most likely i will, with my candle addiction, hehehe) and will let you all know how it is! :D

Recent melts all from CFTKR:

Summer Linen

Love Spell

Honeysuckle Pear- didn't think i would like this too much, but i really do like it. Such an interesting floral mix with fruit smell.

Happy Melting everyone!

Hi buddies,

Halloween's over and here we are talking about ghosts and scary movies. We're s'posed to be discussing cornucopias and pumpkin pie! [smilie=th_lol22] I love "The Others" too, Aria! So good! I haven't seen Dragonfly though. I'll have to look it up.

Joan, what a great sounding day you've got going! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Candlefan, your gerbil story is hysterical! [smilie=th_thlaughter]

Maggie, that house down the block sounds intriguing. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] I like intrigue and mystery but I don't like blood, gore, or terrifying stuff. What we've had for five years isn't scary, but it's plenty intriguing. Lights go on in a certain room when you enter at 2AM, then go off when you leave. Curiously, this only happens in the middle of the night. There's the occasional breaking of glass. Stuff like that. The real kicker is a rather long story, but in a nutshell, it was a very loud banging noise repeated over and over for about 5 minutes. It originated right in the middle of the living room where there was nothing at all but thin air. My DD-i-L and my dog (who went temporarily nuts) experienced it with me, so I know I'm not crazy. [smilie=th_cha60]

SweetTart, yes, please do let us know if you buy the Febreze wood wick. How interesting! Yes again, we'll have to report in about the Slatkin wicks. I'm going to get out my magnifying glass and call my Dr. Watson sidekick and go explorin' those wicks. [smilie=th_cha69]

We might have a ghost here, but the only witch around is in the warmer. Witches Brew from Black Mountain, a lovely gift from an even lovelier wax buddy. [smilie=thank_you] It's apple, spices, and a bit of vanilla.

Gail