The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Juletones

Gingerbread

I'm looking for a great gingerbread scent.

My favorite is Yankee Candle Gingerbread from last year or the year before. It wasn't too bitter and had a sweet cookie smell.

I noticed CFTKR is working on a bunch of Gingerbread scents to have available this coming week.

Has anyon tried Carol's gingerbread blends?

Any and all Gingerbread recommendations are appreciated.help.gif

Jules~ I am really picky about Gingerbreads since a lot of them are very spicy which is not my thing...but Carol has a "Warm Gingerbread & Apples" that is AMAZING!!!! It was a freebie in my last order and I LOVE it. Have you tried that one?

Scentsy has a new one in their fall/winter line up called Gingersnap. I melted it the other night and it's really good. Not overly spicy; more buttery.

Luvs me some gingerbread! [smilie=th_LOVE] I've tried several of Carol's, but have sadly neglected posting my likes/dislikes on my list. [smilie=crap] I do have her Gingerbread Jollies marked as good, tho. I've also tried and liked the following: both Cheryl's & CBV's Buttery GB; Nene's GB Boy; Cozy Cottage GB Sugar Cookies; CrossCreek's GB Sugar Cookie and her Gembertaarts (not GB but reminds me of it); S&S GB Ice Cream; and anyone's Honey GB (or Honey Ginger), not regular GB, different and GOOD! Lots of GB Latte's are yummy, too. Haven't gotten one in a long time, but used to get Cake Candle's GB every holiday season.

Didn't U get Colonial's GB recently? Whatcha think of it?

Thanks, gingerbread experts. th_december2201661-1.gif

I see the Gingerbread and Apple combination came up twice. Maybe the apple will sweeten it up just enough.

Sweet, I like the Colonial Gingerbread jar on cold sniff so far. It smells more spicy than sweet, but good. Now I'm looking melts...some sweet gingerbread cookie type melts.

I'll see if Carol has a Gingerbread sampler available.

Felitsa, that Pumpkin & Cornbread scent sounds good. Do the 1803 candles burn well? I've had my eye on them for a while.

Scentsy and Can-do. I'm taking notes.

Jules-

I have no problems with their candles, except for the cost! A little country shop about 30 min from me sells them. I was happy to pick up 3 candles this weekend. The owner was having an open house and I was able to get them at 15% off. She will also order candles in your scent choice, for you.

Just be sure to watch the wick and trim it when needed.

I have no problems with their candles, except for the cost! A little country shop about 30 min from me sells them. I was happy to pick up 3 candles this weekend. The owner was having an open house and I was able to get them at 15% off. She will also order candles in your scent choice, for you.

Felitsa - [smilie=hijacked] (sorry). Have U tried their melts? If so, whatcha think?

sweet&spiceygrl-

Yes I tried their melts. That's the first thing I ordered from them, just to try some scents. I ended up ordering 5 different scents. They all were nice and strong. As a matter of fact, I had placed one cube each in 3 different melters around my house. I had to go out for awhile. When I came back in, I thought, wow, the house smells so nice. I later discovered I had only turned on one of the melters!! I was getting a great scent throw from just one little cube! I was melting Cabin on the Hill at that time. It's one of my favorite scents now.

I tried the Pumpkin Cornbread because the owner of the shop had said that a customer had ordered 4 jars of that scent and ended up buying 6! That's how much they liked it. While I was there, I put my order in for 2 jars of Cabin on the Hill.

We totally need a sale at 1803. I'd bite.

For your sake, I hope there is. But...sale....schmale [smilie=th_roll] ...I took the leap. Finally. I've been lookin at these since last year. [smilie=th_pardon] Once I heard the melts were good, I was done fer. I ordered Cabin on the Hill, Chamomile Tea, Ginger Cupboard and Pumpkin Cornbread. [smilie=snoopy] [smilie=th_excited-1] [smilie=th_c61]

For your sake, I hope there is. But...sale....schmale [smilie=th_roll] ...I took the leap. Finally. I've been lookin at these since last year. [smilie=th_pardon] Once I heard the melts were good, I was done fer. I ordered Cabin on the Hill, Chamomile Tea, Ginger Cupboard and Pumpkin Cornbread. [smilie=snoopy] [smilie=th_excited-1] [smilie=th_c61]

Ooooh. How exciting! I want to hear all about it. I was looking at that Ginger Cupboard.

I'll definitely report when I get/melt em. Shipping was high for me...$9.95 for only 4 clamshells :shock: , so I questioned that. Hopefully it'll be less. I was looking at Biscuits & Honey, Perfect Morning and Joyful Gathering, too, but will wait to see what these are like first.

I emailed 1803 Candles one time and asked if they ever have sales. They said no. I couldn't believe it. Shipping is a killer on this site. It's only worth it if you are going to order 12 candles or lots of melts. That's why I am now purchasing my stuff from this little shop. You can email them and ask if any stores carry their candles and melts in your area. Just give them your zip code.

Biscuits and Honey was another scent I melted, and it was good too. I also tried Cranberry Cupboard (loved it), Seed Pots and Blooms (loved this one too), Northwoods Cabin and Winterberries. Today I burned Village Mercantile- a maple and cinnamon scent. I hope you all like their melts.

Count me in as a fan of YCs gingerbread. I was so happy to see it back and in all forms this year! I remember having a hard time finding it last season.

Debbie

Jule, Have you tried the clam shells that are sold at Walmart by Better Homes & Gardens. They just put out the new holiday scents and one of the new scent choice is Gingerbread. I'm melting it now and it smells great. I smell a lot of butter and ginger and the cake too. As a matter of fact I'm going back to get some more.

But I compare everything to Yankee or Can-Do. I love YC Gingerbread and Can-Do's honey Gingerbread.