The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Ex-Sept-ional scents for September

Hi girls, melting OMG's Blackberry Sage in my bedroom and burning a candle from Haley's (a gift from my dear friend Cindy)in Candied Apple.

We are waiting on dinner, but not in good spirits here. I just talked to my mom and she told me that Randi's family is bringing her home from the hospital to die. The oncologist told them and her today that there is nothing more they can do. We are so torn up about this. She is only 56 has many small grandchildren and another on the way. I have never in my life had to deal with something so devastating as watching someone die and knowing that they know it. My dad's death 3 years ago was so sudden that he didn't suffer and we didn't watch him suffer either. He had a heart attack, done.

I want to thank each and everyone of you that offered me thoughts and prayers for Randi. Its these things that count. Thank you guys! I will try and keep you updated without harping on something you all know is going on.

Anyway, I must say I am loving OMG scents and Haley's too. Not good to get so caught up in 1 company that you forget many of your other favorites. I love this forum and the fact that you can come here and talk about ANY company or any candle/particular scent that you are enjoying. All this without anyone getting upset. Its a safe haven at times and always enjoyable.

OK, wrong thread probably. I'm done hijacking. [smilie=th_a056]

Linda, same ole same ole......we have to try and touch base again soon. It would be nice. Especially now that the fall Starbucks scents are in. Lets try, ok.

Maurie, So sorry to hear about Randi. At least she will be afforded some dignity at the end of her life and be able to pass peacefully at home. Take care dear friend.

Katz, [smilie=th_CONGRA34] on 25 years! That's truly grand!

Maurie, I'm sure sorry to hear about your friend Randi. Life can sure be sad sometimes. I wish you all comfort and peace...

Aria, I've also had some problems with the forum being very slow at times. I even given up a time or two. Shocking, but true.

I'm melting CCCC's Coco Mango and [smilie=th_aa20] do I love it!

Gail

Sweet n Spicy...I love Carol's Cornucopia...funny how we have different preferences...sadly, I don't think she makes it anymore.

Anjoymom - I just got the sample of Cornucopia in my last order (not that long ago), so check w/her, she probably has more. [smilie=th_aa17]

Katz - happy 25th! Enjoy your evening out with your DH! [smilie=party]

Aria - It's seemed sloooooow on CF for me, too. [smilie=th_anyminute]

Maurie - I'm so sorry, I know that's not the news you were praying for. It sounds like Randi has a very loving and supportive family & friends. Do you know if your local Hospice is involved? They're always such a help for comfort and questions that come up. All of you are in my prayers. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Just put on my first L&L melt..... Harvest Pumpkin.

Maureen, I'm so sorry for your friend's condition. th_bighug-1.gif

Tonight I'm burning a Yankee votive trio of Purr-Chuli, Sparkling Lemon, and Candy Corn (strange but good)

More Pure Integrity - Pumpkin Pie jar. I'm going to miss this one when it's gone.

Can-do - Cowgirl (Leather & Vanilla)

DH is coming home tonight. Yay. I've got packages coming in tomorrow. Boo.

KIm, Congratulations on your anniversary. th_balloons.gif Here's to many more years.

Kim, Congrats on 25 big ones!!! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Maurie~ I am so sorry to hear of your friends bad news...having gone through this myself, all you can do is be there for her and let her talk as much as she needs. At least she will be home where she is surrounded by love. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

SweetTart~ You are so silly!!! [smilie=th_laughing]

Melting~

CYS - Harvest Moon

Burning~

Comfortably Numb Top layer of my LOL candle....can't smell anything since I am battling a cold (surely picked up at the school) but I feel the need to burn/melt anyway...

Burning~

Comfortably Numb Top layer of my LOL candle....can't smell anything since I am battling a cold (surely picked up at the school) but I feel the need to burn/melt anyway...

MaggieMae - awwww...hope U feel better soon. Since school started, everyone at work that has kids has gotten sick. [smilie=th_bb41] I say, go for the Nyquil, and BE comfortably numb. :lol: [smilie=th_friends]

MaggieMae - awwww...hope U feel better soon. Since school started, everyone at work that has kids has gotten sick. [smilie=th_bb41] I say, go for the Nyquil, and BE comfortably numb. :lol: [smilie=th_friends]

[smilie=thank_you] Thanx Sweet...your the best! I am taking your advice and heading to bed soon...with the Nyquil!

Good evening.

Maurie: I'm so sorry to hear about Randi. My dad has stage 4 colon cancer and I so fear that a similar scenario will happen with him. Do they have hospice involved. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about hospice. Many refer to them as angels because they do so much to make sure that the patient is free of pain and comfortable. I've also read that they help family members deal with the situation. 56 is way too young.

Katz...Congratulations!!!

Tonight's scents:

Tart: Red Velvet Fluffer (CFTKR)

Candle: Moonlight Harvest (YC)

Maurie, thank you for the update, you will all remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Katz - I hope you had a great one!!

Tonight I am melting After Eight by Cheryl.

Burning several candles:

YC - Apple Pie

Better Homes & Gardens - Spice Cake

Patriot - Spice Cake

Melting:

CFTKR - Welcome Home

Better Homes & Gardens - Spice Cake

Rainy morning.

I threw in Front Porch - Prairie Kitchen this morning.

That's it for now as I've got lots of errands to run today. I may need a boat instead of a car with all the flooding that is expected. I sure hope the weather report is wrong.

Good Morning Everyone, I had internet difficulties yesterday so am trying to catch up. We had to get a new router and it didn't want to work with my computer but my DS got me up and running.

Katz--hope your anniversary was wonderful and here's to many more happy years together.

Maurie--my heart goes out to you, your friend and all involved. I have been through this with my mother in law and there is nothing good about it. You just have to get through it and help each other. I will continue to pray for all of you.

I have had a lot of posting problems recently too, and also have had to quit and try later.

Last night I had on a Slatkin Caramel Apple candle--very nice and Yankee Spiced Pumpkin oil. I don't like the Spiced Pumpkin in anything but this oil. Weird, huh?

This morning I have on two Yankee Candles--Vanilla Cookie and Macintosh. It should be a lovely fall day here.

Hey girls,

Off to work, so nothing is burning or melting. Thank you all again for your kind words. I believe they are going to call Hospice in very soon. I'm guessing they just wanted to get her home first. I am not even sure how long they have given her. I will know more soon.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning

Melting Carol's Pippen & Sugared Pie Crust...oh my, this scent is divine. No spice, just sweet, sweet apples!!! thappledance.gif

Maggie, hope you are feeling better

Maurie, prayers for your friend and you too.

Thanks to all for our Anniversary Wishes...It was a good day...

Hugs and prayers to all whose family or friends with their health concerns..

This morning I am melting Bellas Baton Rouge and a Colonial votive in Mountain Birch.

I hope everyone has a great day, it's beautiful and still dry here.

Jules..Don't get caught in a flash flood...

Morning, buddies.

Jules, my fingers are crossed for no flooding. Hopefully it'll just be a gentle rain.

Trep, glad your computer's back up and running again.

Maggie, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I'm gearing up for a trip with my grandson to see my daughter in San Francisco. She loves her new temporary job but is suffering a bit of homesickness. Her DS and I hope to provide a nice distraction and cheer her up, although truthfully we both think she'd rather her Bulldog Brucie come visit instead. [smilie=th_lol22] Can you tell that my family consists of not just dog lovers, but dog fanatics? [smilie=th_foolish1]

I'm melting Lemonberry Slushie from SSS. It was a freebie from Kim and is out of this world good!

Gail

Good morning!

This morning's scents:

Tarts:

Red Velvet Fluffer (CFTKR)

Bog Cranberries & Apple (CFTKR)

Candles:

Autumn Leaves (YC)

Moonlight Harvest (YC)

Have a fun visit, Gail.

Our big storm fizzled. I'm back from a couple hours worth of errands and didn't hit one drop of rain. It's absolutely gorgeous outside today. So much for the weather reports this morning.

Added Blue Gecko - Apple Cider ? (I tossed the wrapper too soon) It's a good 'un.

Yankee Candle - Patchouli votives and a relight of my YC votive trio from yesterday.

Jules--I keep meaning to ask you--do you have any problems with your trio votive holder drowning out or anything? I would like to get one but was wondering how they work. Thanks Nancy

I haven't had drowning wicks. Sometimes if I don't burn the votives all the way through and need to relight later, it's hard to get a full melt pool again, but not always. I relit the three votives in the holder today and it's burning just fine. I like this votive holder. It blends the scents well.