The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Ex-Sept-ional scents for September

Life has been crazy around here since school started on Tuesday!

Melting two tarts from Candle Haven that I have been hoarding...the scent is called Warm & Cozy and it's fantastic. I am going to have to find another vendor who carries this scent...it's a little heavier on the clove. I know Donna at Can-Do carries lots of spicy scents...will have to check her scent list for clove-y scents.

Gail, you are crazy!

Puppy - you crack me up! [smilie=th_jaja] Is tomorrow gonna be a 'D' kinda day? [smilie=th_sml29]

Candlefan - glad to hear you're ok! So sad for those losing their homes and belongings. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

I'm melting a YC recipe for Rice Pudding (Fr Vanilla+Creamy Caramel+Cinnamon Stick). Sounded good in theory, but (to me) it doesn't smell like rice pudding. [smilie=th_pardon]

It is very dry, dusty and hot here in SC. The little taste of fall we had disappeared pretty quickly!

Recent melts:

YC coconut bay...weak

YC island guava...weak

YC honeysuckle...strong

Finally our Walmart gets tarts! I am melting the Fresh Linen. Very weak, BUT, perfectly ok for my desk at work. I can smell it, but I doubt anyone else in the office can! I'm all that matters, right?? [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Good morning! It's a beautiful day on LI. Cool and sunny.

I've been melting Carol's Picken Pumpkins for the last day. It's a great scent. Reminds me of YC's Spiced Pumpkin.

[smilie=th_hello] friends!

Candlefan, fires are sure scary and awful. [smilie=angry] Here in southern California we've had our share of frightful wildfires over the years. I hope things will be okay for you and everyone nearby.

Aria and Trep, I love your avatars!

Sweet, I guess it's still a "C" kinda day. :D Melting Haley's Cornucopia. I decided to cut this big tart in half since I've had trouble getting the whole thing to melt completely. Half of it has a pretty decent throw. It's an okay scent, but not quite as nice as I was expecting. The description says pear, pumpkin, cinnamon, clove, sugar, and vanilla. [smilie=th_sign0164]

ETA: Okay, I have to revise my review a bit because this scent has gone from fruity-ish to spicy pumpkin. It's throwing great now and going all through the house! Funny how scents can really change as they perk along, isn't it? What's that all about, anyway? Must post this question under a different subject. [smilie=th_insane]

Gail

Guest Viennalady

Good evening!

If I am wrong, correct me but I have the impression, that you all, writing members of this forum are burning now more YC candles than in the last months. Maybe it depends on the season fall?

I am burning melts of "Pink Champagner" from Silvias Natural Soy Candles, United Kingdom. Its soo great!

[smilie=th_E_JUMP16667]

If I am wrong, correct me but I have the impression, that you all, writing members of this forum are burning now more YC candles than in the last months. Maybe it depends on the season fall?

Hmmmm... I never thought about it much, Viennalady, but you might be right! I know that I, personally, always look forward to Yankee's fall line and Halloween stuff. It's kind of like a highlight of the entire shopping year there! Autumn is when I really get into the mood to have a cozy candle burning, and I really do enjoy YC jar candles with their gorgeous labels and pretty shaped jars.

Everyone, thank you so much for the concern regarding the fires here in Colorado! You guys are so caring and awesome. I'll be just fine because I don't live near there, but it's hard to look across the city and see all the smoke, knowing that so many people have lost their homes. My home is set up on top of a hill to the east, so I can see much of the Front Range from here. It's usually a gorgeous view, but today a little more than I want to see, if you know what I mean-- very sad!

Right now I am melting YC Autumn Leaves. I had a Mountain Lodge tart going earlier, but I ended up having to remove it! It had a base note or undertone that smelled less fresh to me and more.... something else, don't know what! :huh: I'll have to check the fragrance description and see if I can identify the offending odor.

Big Prayers going out to anyone who needs them today. I am sorry for all those homes that were destroyed out in Colorado. Its just so sad and sick what is going on in the world lately. Concerns me alot.

Today I am melting CHC-Bear Claw. I really enjoy this one from Donna. Its not super strong, sick, make you barf, go to work smelling like a bakery, tart. I have had this same scent from other companies and I swear it was in my nose hairs and on my clothes for days. It was even in my curtains. I love Bear Claw and it was probably one of the very first scents I ever "melted". However, it can be a strong one and I feel Donna from CHC, makes this one the BEST.

Earlier today I had CBV's Sage&Citrus going, which is a "big ole" surprise for me, since I don't care for YC Sage&Citrus. I was in the minority on that one, as most LOVE it. CBV's ROCK'S and glad I have an entire jar of sage colored goodness on my kitchen counter. Its a "must try" from CandlesbyVictoria.

Hope everyone is well. Also hope I get to catch up on some reading the next few days, as I am off. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

ETA: Okay, I have to revise my review a bit because this scent has gone from fruity-ish to spicy pumpkin. It's throwing great now and going all through the house! Funny how scents can really change as they perk along, isn't it? What's that all about, anyway? Must post this question under a different subject.

PuppyLove- You are too HILARIOUS with the whole its a "C" kinda day thing! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] and i know what you mean with the scent kinda changing! [smilie=iagree] You notice with that too? Its interesting how it does that as it melts more and more right? [smilie=th_aa17]

denimsway- Oh how cool walmart has tarts now! But from my experience, i bought a 3 wick candle frm them and it had no scent at all. :( Guess it didnt work for me.

dabbadooey- Realize that most of your YC tarts has been weak. That sucks. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

candlefan- I was smelling the YC mountain lodge on the scratch & sniff catalog and it smells nice. Would like to try that one. [smilie=th_sml29]

Well TGIF!!! Just gonna chill at home tonight. Now relaxing and on the [smilie=th_d6ac145d]. Ahhhhhhhh!!! Relaxation!! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Burning: BBW seaside escape

Melting:

CFTKR Melon Mist- One of my fav!!! Yesssss!!! Love it!!

CFTKR April Fresh- Nice clean scent!! Enjoying it!

Happy Friday!!

SweetTart, I'm glad I gave you a chuckle! [smilie=th_giggle] It's always good to laugh. Well, once I broke out into peals of laughter at a funeral. That's wasn't so good. [smilie=th_fear8] But I just couldn't help it, KWIM? [smilie=th_foolish1] Yeah, some scents really morph into something totally different. I started a new thread on this interesting phenomenon under Candle/Melt Fragrance Inquiries.

Sweet, what the heck does Mahogany Spice smell like? Interesting name for sure!

This evening I lit a new candle, Haley's Fruit Slices. I'm loving the scent, the throw is terrific, and it's burning evenly with no maintenance needed so far. Such a good little candle! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Gail

At school today i melted YC fruit salad while burning a GC lemon chiffon candle,,,the mixture was awesome! At home it's been YC red berry and cedar in two melters!

Good Saturday morning, everyone. It is raining again here but just lightly. I put on a couple of votives since I will be leaving early and gone all day but still wanted a little candlelight. I have on Yankee votives in Candied Apple and Buttercream. A word of caution--yesterday I was trying to squeeze the last bits out of a votive and suddenly there was a loud popping sound and my holder had cracked. I blew it out and like an idiot touched the thing and burned my thumb. Nothing serious but just a reminder to us all--don't let your candles/votives get too low as they really heat up the holders and they can and will break at times. Have a great day everyone!!

Good morning...

Busy day yesterday and I was gone almost all day. Hope all is well here.

Today I am melting Cinnamon Donuts from Dew Drop Scents

Have a nice Saturday