The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Ex-Sept-ional scents for September

Tonight I'm melting Witches Brew McCall's...one of the new tart bars. Scent is amazing, strong and WICKED GOOD!!!

Aria - yay! You're melting your new McCalls! [smilie=th_yay] I've been waiting to hear what U thought of the new bars. A winner, huh? Did U only have to melt one bar to get a good scent/throw? (BTW - luv your new avatar!)

In a mile radius this morning, I could have gotten hit by a semi that ran a red. (I had the green turn arrow..good thing I looked again). Then some old lady in a motorized wheel chair was going the wrong way and coming at me in my lane. Maybe it's a full moon?? I was quite relieved to arrive safe and sound for my massage.

Katz - the truck scare was bad, so glad you're ok! :shock: But....your old lady made me LOL! [smilie=th_coffeespew] What on earth was she doing riding her wheelchair on the road? Maybe she heard about the sale at Yankee Candle... [smilie=th_31]

Late afternoon melts

CFTKR ~ Falling Leaves

Been wanting to hear about this one, too. What's it smell like? Thumbs up or thumbs down? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

I think there's several on here from Colorado and Texas? Hopefully, U can check in and let us know you're ok and not in any danger from the fires or flooding rains. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

I'm melting EE's Bathory, a surprise from a CF friend. I REALLY like it and had to go look up the description - A mix of luxurious patchouli, raspberry, and red currant combine to create a sumptuously regal bouquet. I'm SO surprised it has patchouli in it, I'd never have guessed that. It's a winner, for sure! [smilie=th_200912104451]

It has been a busy day. I am at DS apartment and supervised the movers while he was at work. I did my best at unpacking. I brought along YC Moonlight Harvest to keep me company. I really liked it. It had a nice strong throw. It's a studio apartment so I could really smell it everywhere. I picked this up at the outlet last week and the only problem is the wick seems to be very off center. I tried the foil-it did help a bit.

Be careful Jules and katz-it is crazy out there.

Mpfand-Feel better!

I am back from a long weekend (girls only camping trip in the Finger Lakes) and can melt good smells once more. I did manage to get a few of the new Yankee Candle tarts during the sale before we went on the trip. Apple Cider is so good that I wish I had the time to go back and get more while they were still on sale.

I just started melting CFTKR Luscious Vanilla.

That it is Jules: In a mile radius this morning, I could have gotten hit by a semi that ran a red. (I had the green turn arrow..good thing I looked again). Then some old lady in a motorized wheel chair was going the wrong way and coming at me in my lane. Maybe it's a full moon?? I was quite relieved to arrive safe and sound for my massage. [smilie=th_a136] I am now melting Bella's Baton Rouge and burning a jar candle from AMS-Head Shop. A lovely day to all.....

Kim, It has been a strange day all around. Semi truck ran a red? ohmy.gif I'm sure glad you were watching out for the other guy. At least you had a massage to calm your nerves.

Jules I dont know much about YC witches brew. But I picked up a medium jar of it at a thrift store. The scent though in my jar is midsummers night. do you know if they did it just for one year? To me its not like any of the witches brews they have had out in the past few years. Mine has to kitties on it.

I don't have an answer for you, but I like the question. Maybe a few of our Yankee Candle experts can jump in here on this one. I didn't even know there was a Witches Brew done in Midsummers Night. I thought they were always the patchouli blend. I know the pachouli has had a few name changes from Purr-chouli to Witches Brew to Beware, and I'm not sure what order they were released in.

To this day, I think the Purr-chouli blend was just a little bit different than other years and it was better that year. I've been on Ebay on occasion looking to nab a Purr-chouli jar instead of the current year's patchouli blend. If it's identical, then I'm foolishly buying nothing more than a label, but I could swear it's a different and stronger mix.

Sorry for the long post. th_blij81.gif The YC jar I'm burning today is the patchouli blend.

Sweettart~ Thanx about the quote...I am glad you had such a great time on your vacation! :D

This year the twins each needed a particular caculator that costs over $20 each and my son needs some kind of a calculus calculator that costs almost $100!!! I hope it chops vegetables and blends drinks as well for that price!!!

MaggieMae- Welcome!! And thanx! :wub: and you too funny with the whole chopping veggie and blending thing. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

I'm melting CCCC's Flip Flops. It's coconut and vanilla and really good. DH hasn't commented. It's terrific that he liked the apple one, but as long as he doesn't say "aggravating" I'm not, well, aggravated.

PuppyLove- DH would say some scents is "aggravating"?! :o oh no he didnt say that bout your scents! [smilie=th_cha66] He so silly.

Started the day out with Can-Do- Blueberry Lemon Verbena upstairs. It reminds me of blue-rasperry candy-YUM!

karrielynn68- Oooo! That sounds nice! Would like to try that [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

I can't watch Hoarders...too depressing!

Dabba- i agree, I watched a few episodes and too sad for me.

Well been having the sniffles for the past few days. [smilie=th_bb41] and so couldnt really smell anything and felt so yucky. So been resting lately. But now feel like im getting better and so im gona get back to melting my yummy scents. Yey!!

Recents melts:

CFTKR strawberry noel- me likey!

CFTKR sage & pomegranate- didnt really like this one that much, not for me. :huh:

CFTKR bamboo sugarcane- interesting but i think i wouldnt reorder this one. :unsure:

Happy Melting you all!!

I have been headache free all day. What a relief. Sometimes nothing works, not even my prescription. Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. ;)

I love the sounds of everyone's fall scents! Tonight I'm melting Honey Pear Cider from Scentsy.

Just started:

YC good morning

Can Do gingerbread

Recent melts:

Southern Star sweet country custard...yummy

CYS Into the Woods...nice but weak

YC greenhouse...weak

YC eucalyptus...weak

Blended together:

LOL vanilla coke

Fragrant Memories decadent brownies

I'm home all day and getting ready for fall, so I am burning Macintosh and Apple Cider both from YC.

It smells so good in my house already!

Debbie

Good morning. No school for the kids today. L'Shanah Tovah to all who are observing Rosh HaShanah.

SH - Banshee Bread Pudding jar

Dark Candles votives:

..Bonfire

..Vampire

..Haunted House

Crosscreek melt Patchouli Honey

Evening Eclipse - Wicked Wishes melt (coffee&cake)

Deb, Pumpkins & Mums is a good, non foody, fresh smelling pumpkin. It's not too flowery, or Mumsy?. I liked the votive, but would rather have the Night Sky scent in a jar size...if I had to choose between the two.

Today I'm starting off with LOL Fall Festival. I'm lemming for a good apple scent, but dug through my entire stash and have yet to find one [smilie=th_confused3] Oh well! Also burning CYS Eternal Hope (as I'm eternally hoping for cooler weather :) Have a great day all!

Guest Viennalady

ViennaLady...How do you like Bridgewater? I really love a lot of their older candle scents! I love Indian Paintbrush!!!

"Indian Paintbrush"? What a lovely name! Actually I love YC more than Bridgewater. The best scent so far in my opinion is "Butterscotch". The reason, why I am burning sometimes this vendor is: there is a shop near my home, where I can buy the votives of Bridgewater, so out of desperation I am buying Bridgewater. (We have no YC Shops here, only some dusty corners in few shops with old tarts).

Today I am burning

YC melts Cinnamon&Sugar

Bridgewater "Butterscotch"

[smilie=th_200911025310]

Hey everyone. This afternoon I am melting CFTKR-Saffron and Spice and Cracklin Birch. It's a lovely day in Indy, but we could use a nice shower. The weather says maybe Friday. Have a great afternoon.

Thanks for the info jules...Night Sky sounds interesting, too. I think the Village free shipping is almost over? I better go look. Or not! [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Today is a new one from Busy Bee: Raspberry Lime, pretty strong!

Today I've been melting Creamy Fall Trifle from Crosscreek, and it is just PERFECT for this cool day...what a fantastic scent.

Also anxiously awaiting my Front Porch order from the sale...and oh, gosh, i didn't even get the first package yet and i placed another order last night for some of Angie's newer scents :P

have a great day!

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

It's a "C" kinda day so I'm Coveting Citrus Crush from CCCC. It's Completely Cool and Captivating. No Conundrum or Conflict around here. This one has Clicked with me and is quite the Charmer. I Champion and Cherish it and will Choose it again.

Gail, Clowning around and feelin' crazy [smilie=th_blij40]

Just got back from the Yankee employee sale--bought way too much but it was fun. We had a lot more rain this morning and it is dark and gloomy still so just perfect for candlelight. I have votives in Cranberry Chutney, Orchard Pear and Strawberry Buttercream going plus am finishing up a large jar of Orchard Pear--all YC. Hope everyone is having a good day.

So far this afternoon it's YC Autumn Lodge.

I'm not smelling any smoke from the fires over across town in the Boulder canyons yet, but our air quality has been pretty poor since they started. I remember during the Hayman Fire back a number of years ago we actually had embers and scorched pine needles landing around the apartment where we lived at the time! It was so smokey and awful that we could hardly breathe even though we were miles away from the flames.

We are pretty worried about all the folks in Boulder County, because winds are supposed to kick up really high later this afternoon, and it is just as dry as can be! We are hoping for quick containment and safety for all involved.

Candlefan~ Oh my gosh...I pray that you and those around you stay safe!

Gail you are very [smilie=th_cc8]

Vienna Lady...It's too bad you don't have more Yankee candles there... Too funny about the "dusty" YC tarts... [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] Yes, the Indian Paintbrush is wonderful...I am so sad they discontinued making it!! [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

Melting:

Monyette Paris from Pink Flower Scents in BR

Zucchini Bread cuttable loaf from CFTKR in FR

German Honey Cake from CYS everywhere else!

[smilie=th_Welcome_from_the_Whol

Just got back from the Yankee employee sale--bought way too much but it was fun. We had a lot more rain this morning and it is dark and gloomy still so just perfect for candlelight. I have votives in Cranberry Chutney, Orchard Pear and Strawberry Buttercream going plus am finishing up a large jar of Orchard Pear--all YC. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Oh my goodness sounds like fun and you hit the jackpot. Now if only one of my yc people would invite me. Waiting for the day to hear the words your invited. [smilie=th_confused3]

I am buring YC cinnamon applesauce and a village apple pie votive.