The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

MaggieMae

August's Amazing Aromas

Oh good for you, Susan! Bad dates are...well...bad!

Hooray for trep's cooler weather! We lightweights are on day 3 of the heat and I am done now.

So...how is it that I have a LUSH 5-6 miles away, but the closest Walmart is over 25 miles away? Hmmm...I need to think about that. [smilie=th_00000020]

Today has been:

CYS Satin Sheets

Can-do Lemon Lime

DH and I took DD to a water park. It was a lot of fun but the weather wasn't ideal. A little bit chilly and very cloudy but we made the best of it.

DD and I are getting ready to watch a Dora special on Nick Jr. I'm melting Carol's Berry Maple Cake...yummy!

Still very hot here too! 103 today!! I'm in the same boat with you Nancy! [smilie=th_friends]

Melting AMS Blueberry Z. Bread! [smilie=th_00000020]

Hi, everyone! Burning my CBV Apricot Freesia candle this evening. It's not a super strong scent, but --wow!-- does it ever throw!! I can detect the scent even downstairs!

I would love to visit a Lush store, too! We've got one in the Denver metro area, but it is way over in Boulder to the northwest of the city. It's located on the outdoor Pearl Street Mall, which would be such a big pain to get to and navigate through. But I'm thinking about going to a fall fastival located there later in September. It would be a good excuse to drive over there to pick up some Lush goodies. I've heard there will be all kinds of street vendors, entertainment and food, and I know there will be tons of fun shops and restaurants to visit.

Hi everyone! Hope all is well with you all. I'm getting so tired of the summer/fresh scents, so tonight I'm in bakery heaven.

Candles: Huckleberry Layne Blueberry Muffin and Yankee Apple Pie.

Tarts: CFTKR's Banana Nut Bread and Yankee Blueberry Scone.

Smells yummy in here!

I'll let everybody know how the visit to Lush goes. My friend and I are excited about tomorrow. There's also a Lather store there and The Soap Kitchen too. We'll never again have an excuse for being dirty! :shock: What we're really looking forward to is Three Dog Bakery.

Sorry to bring this thread so off topic though. [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

I'm burning my Slatkin Eucalyptus Mint candle this evening. Some of you may recall the wick trouble I had with my previous Slatkin candle. This one, my third Slatkin, is doing so fantastic, as was my first one. I kind of suspect the problem was my own doing, trimming the wicks too short from the beginning. On the bottom of the jar it says to trim wicks to 1/4" every time before you light it, but I heard Harry Slatkin say on QVC that you don't ever need to trim the wicks. Except for the very first time, when I conservatively trimmed those long brand new wicks, I haven't trimmed these at all and so far so good.

I hope I haven't bored you all to death, just thought I'd mention it in case you find the info useful. Or not. [smilie=th_e3301ae2] Lots more fun to talk about delicious scents though! :P

Gail

Back from our cruise. Had a fabulous time! Started up my melters right away with Camu Camu from Scentsy. Hope all is well with everyone. It's going to take me awhile to catch up on here. :shock:

Our cold front did go through--supposed to be more seasonal this week which is upper 80's and low 90's which will seem very cool compared to how it has been. I am looking forward to it I can tell you that. I will see if I can send it onto those others of you who have been suffering.

I have been reading the other posts and hate to be so ignorant, but what is a Lush store? I have never heard of it.

Starting my week out with Yankee Kiwi Berries.

Have a great week everyone.

Jason--glad to see you on here :shock:

Susan--I am glad your first venture into dating again went well. I am sure it was a bit scary--it would be for me.

mpfand--so glad you had a good time and that you are back with us again.

Happy Monday Everyone~~~Melting Haley's Caramel Zucchini Bread @ work. New scent from Haley's and i LOVE it. Going to have to get more for sure :shock:

morningsmile.gif and Happy Monday to all my CF friends!

Busy weekend....we did a little getaway with the boys. So much fun and on the way home we stopped at one of my favorite places....Swan Creek Candle Co.!!! DH took the boys a few doors down to a video game cafe and I got to browse all the goodies by myself!!! I truly love that store....oh yeah, they had Fall/ Halloween decor and candles out too!!! I'll have to post some p0rn of my purchases!

For right now, I am melting Swan Creek's Snickerdoodle! Yum!

Hope everyone had a great weekend...off to catch up on the boards! thrainbowed.gif

Hey, y'all.. We are back from Philly. We had a wonderful, relaxing, trip. The weather was so nice and then we came home to the heat again. We went to Ocean City, NJ. , Valley Forge, The Magic Gardens in Philly.

This morning I am melting LOL-3 Musketeers. I will check in later so have a great day buddies.

I have been reading the other posts and hate to be so ignorant, but what is a Lush store? I have never heard of it

Trep, Lush features trendy bath and body products that are supposed to be eco friendly and natural. Their scents are unique and famous enough that many wax vendors have come up with dupes for their more popular fragrances, such as "Honey, I washed the kids" and "Rockstar". I've not tried any of their products yet, but they do have a website I've browsed. (Probably lush.com? I don't remember, but you could google it.)

I smelled a dupe of their soap "Honey, I washed the kids" in the form of a tart by CBV that had me drooling! It was called "Bathtime with Pooh", and it is said by reviewers to be a dead-on dupe. So I am really excited to try the soap!

But for now I am burning my Colonial Candle in Citrus Plum and getting ready to have some lunch. Hope everyone has a great week!

Gail - Can't wait to hear about your fun day in Old Pasadena!

Candlefan - I didn't know what Lush was either. Thank you for your detailed description. It sure sounds like a fun store to browse through.

I'm melting SSS - Vanilla Berry. applause.gif It is no longer on her scent list. Bummer!

Candlefan--thanks so much for the info--it sounds like a neat place to shop.

Just got home from the mall and have on Yankee Autumn Fruit in both a candle and tart-love, love, love this one.

Glad all of you who had trips are back safe and had a good time.

Lots of vacay's happening 'round here. :lol: Glad to C U back Mpfand! Cruisin seems popular this year. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Cookie - so glad to hear your date was nice!

Jason - we missed ya [smilie=th_cray] - hope all is well w/you.

Trep - the cold front went thru here today, too. [smilie=th_sorry_] Our dewpoint is down from 71 yesterday to 56 today and the temp is in the lower 80's. MUCH better! [smilie=th_friends]

I'm melting CFTKR's Pumpkin Cornbread Pudding.

PuppyLove - Haley's Spiced Apple was a really nice scent, well balanced between the apples and spice, but the scent throw I was getting was really light. I was melting it in a 24-watt two piece melter from CFTKR and could barely smell anything outside a 5-foot radius. It was disappointing since up close it smelled great. I have a couple more of apple scents (Mulled Cider, Apple Orchard, Cinnamon Apple Berry and Wintery Candy Apple) from Haley's so I am hoping one of those is stronger, but I haven't melted them yet.

Currently melting Haley's Blackberry Fizz. The throw on this one is wonderful. It's fruity and citrusy without being overly sweet.

PuppyLove- Yes Lush is awesome and do let us know how it goes!! Ask them for a demo to try on your arm with the moisturizer of your choice when you get there. Its awesome, your skin will feel so good and unbelievably soft. And no need to apologize, i think it was my fault for bringing it up in the first place. [smilie=th_oops_] [smilie=th_sorry_] I just wanted to share with you all of my day. [smilie=th_cray]..... also with the whole BBW candles, i also trim it too short too and even though it says on the bottom of the candle to trim wick after each use, i dnt trim my wick anymore either and it is burning perfectly and smoothly just fine for me. so yeah girl not a boring topic at all for you to bring it up. Glad you pointed that out actually, thought i was the only one who notice of that.[smilie=th_friends]

LLVV- love water parks!! and i had that happen to us before where we went and it was a lil chilly and like you, we try to make the most of it. [smilie=th_sml29]

candlefan- oh that sucks that Lush is a lil far out for ya and great post of explaining what Lush is. Couldnt say it any better. :lol:

trep- candlefan beat me to it about Lush and [smilie=yes] you should try it!

Well melting FM monkey fart- this is sooooo nice! i love this!! who would thought something that is named so funny and silly would smell so good![smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Happy Melting everyone!

Hi everybody. I just got home and am starving but had to come and touch base with all my buddies.

Mpfand, welcome home. So glad to hear you had a wonderful time!

Trep, how terrific that you?re getting a little break from the heat.

Aria, lucky, lucky girl to visit Swan Creek Candle Company! That sounds like heaven!

Katz, welcome home. So good to hear you had such a great time.

Candlefan, thank you so much for the wonderful description of what Lush is. You did a much better job than I ever could have!

Hi Jason. Good to see you, buddy!

Cinnamonkitty, thank you soooo much for the info on Haley?s Spiced Apple. I?m sorry the throw was so light though. Darn! Hopefully my candle will be stronger, and so will your other apple scents!

SweetTart, I did try a moisturizer bar in a peach scent on my arm. The scent was awesome and authentic but I wasn?t particularly impressed with the product itself. I must be weird, since everybody seems to rave about Lush! Very interesting that you?ve had the same experience with the BBW candle wicks that I did. Maybe we?ve learned a thing or two, eh?

Okay, a bit about the day? The store has beautiful products. I mean beautiful! Colorful, highly varied, very enticing. The scents were really lovely but my friend and I were completely overwhelmed by the strength. She could hardly breathe and had to cover her nose with a tissue. I wasn?t as bad, but did feel relieved when we went back outside for fresh air. We did find some products we thought of purchasing, but we were glad we hesitated because when we went to The Soap Kitchen and Lather, oh my goodness - truly, truly fabulous! Lather was OUTSTANDING and AMAZING and we loved TSK too. They both have websites if anyone?s interested, although I don?t know much about either company. I think that TSK is a local store, maybe they ship, I?m not sure. I believe Lather has three stores throughout the USA. I?m pretty sure they ship. Pure, complete bliss, IMO.

Again, I apologize to our wonderful Admins for being so off topic. I'll sincerely try to behave better from now on.

To stay on topic, TSK has travel candles and I was sorely tempted. Really lovely little gems, every one, and they?d make nice gifts. I passed on the candles though. Now I?m burning my Slatkin Eucalyptus Mint again this evening. It?s a real treasure!

Thanks for putting up with my long winded monologue. I?ll try real hard to be more brief.

Gail, too too gabby :lol:

Gail - It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

This evening I'm melting Village Candle - Lemon Pound Cake. Very nice!

Wishing everyone a good night.

Today's melts:

AMS - Carnival Caramel Corn

Bella-s - Boardwalk Confections

LOL - Upside-down Pear Gingerbread Cake

Nene's - Pineapple Upside Down Cake