The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

MaggieMae

August's Amazing Aromas

hi everyone!!

i am burning yc dune grass in the living room, enchanted garden (perfect for the restroom [smilie=th_foolish1] ) and black cherry hw in the kitchen.

today the weather is cold and windy so i decided to start with typical autumn scents as soon as the jars are burnt down.

i am looking forward a lot of different pumpkin scents and of moonlight harvest of course [smilie=th_c61]

Last nights melts were toasted caramel sugar and LOLs cookie jar in the same room. Still finishing them off. Out by the computer I've got crossroads fresh rain burning,to get rid of the stinky skunk smell that came in thru the windows. yuck.

Oh, crazy - I feel for you! I get skunked at least a couple times each summer when the windows are open...I wake up and think - I know that smell! [smilie=th_foolish1] It is hard to find a tart that can compete with it!

Today is Good Stink - Pineapple something Freesia!

[smilie=th_e16]

Candlefan, Citrus Plum sounds so yum. I'm waxing poetic! [smilie=th_foolish1]

Mpfand, Hemingway intrigues me. I guess the original probably would have too. [smilie=th_scratch]

Crazy, I hope your Fresh Rain does the trick on the skunk smell. [smilie=th_gagme]

I'm melting Sweet Dreams from SSS. It's vanilla and pink sugar. Unlike most of Kim's tarts, this one has a very light throw and isn't very authentic. Nothing nasty, but not a reorder. [smilie=th_c61]

ETA: An hour later and Sweet Dreams is throwing much better. It's still not strong, but would be okay as a background scent for company.

Gail, who could sometimes use more patience

Candlefan, Citrus Plum sounds so yum. I'm waxing poetic!

Gee, Gail! You are a poet, and I didn't even know it! [smilie=th_foolish1]

I've been busy this morning doing this and that, and I've decided it is finally time to throw on a melt. Let's see, I think I'm in the mood for CCCC white cake. It's just too warm for a candle right now.

Hi All-

Rainer- I just got a jar of Moonlight Harvest at the YC outlet the other day. You have made me anxious to try it.

Today's melt will be SSS Lemony Fresh.

[smilie=th_e16]

Candlefan, Citrus Plum sounds so yum. I'm waxing poetic! [smilie=th_foolish1]

Mpfand, Hemingway intrigues me. I guess the original probably would have too. [smilie=th_scratch]

Crazy, I hope your Fresh Rain does the trick on the skunk smell. [smilie=th_gagme]

I'm melting Sweet Dreams from SSS. It's vanilla and pink sugar. Unlike most of Kim's tarts, this one has a very light throw and isn't very authentic. Nothing nasty, but not a reorder. [smilie=th_c61]

ETA: An hour later and Sweet Dreams is throwing much better. It's still not strong, but would be okay as a background scent for company.

Gail, who could sometimes use more patience

I too thought that SSS sweet dreams was not the best for what its suppose to be.

Sweet, I want REAL fresh baked cookies. That scent would do me in tonight. th_tease-1.gif

Jules - this scent is soooo good! Yeah..I want cookies, too, but nary a one to be had. [smilie=th_scratch] But....I DO have twinkies. [smilie=th_c61]

Lady - I got Carol's Green Apple & Cinnamon in my order which should be on my doorstep tomorrow. [smilie=th_gagme] Whatcha think of it? [smilie=th_foolish1]

The SSS Lemony Fresh wasn't for me. Nice and strong but I think I like bakery lemon scents much better.

I have going just one candle which is scenting my very large room nicely. It has almost too strong a throw--my favorite from YC -Autumn Leaves. This is in the 2 wick tumbler. These tumblers are just great. They throw and burn so much better than the one wick IMO. I had the one wick Farmer's Market and the one wick Mocha Cafe Latte and they had practically no throw. It could be that the tarts I had going were overpowering them.

Everyone sounds like they have some good scents going tonight.

Hi All-

Rainer- I just got a jar of Moonlight Harvest at the YC outlet the other day. You have made me anxious to try it.

Today's melt will be SSS Lemony Fresh.

Moonlight Harvest is one of my favorites from Yankee. The large jar throws incredibly well and the scent is a perfect blend of spice and sweet.

Melting Wildberry Mousse from CFTKR. It was a free sample with my order though definitely not a scent I would pick out for myself. I tend to stay away from sweeter fruit scents, but this one is incredible!

Hi All!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been helping my parents sort through all of the medical stuff going on. Inbetween stress, and more stress, and more stress I've been melting my wonderful tarts.

Today's melts -

CFTKR: Cinnamon Cookie Dough and Jack Frost.

Today's candles -

YC: Wild Cherry, Pineapple Citrus.

Hugs to you, LL!

Jules - that HoT Scent sounds interesting - any word on what they are doing?

Tonight is Essential Pleasures - Vanilla Bean

Wow! I haven't posted since August 16th and I'm amazed at the changes. The format is very nice, but it will take some time to get use to.

I'd been busy getting all three of my sons prepared for the start of school. They started this week. Two are in college, but living at home, and my youngest is in high school. I went back to work this week and found out that due to budget cuts in both school districts I work for, I'll be working part-time this year. The negative is less money, but the positive is having more time for family, home, friends, and of course melting/burning. Gotta keep focused on the positive!

Tonight I've been melting Kim's Strawberry White Cake. Sooo good! [smilie=th_pardon]

Goodnight all.

Sweet - the Green Apple & Cinnamon tart was a sample from Carol and while I liked it, I didn'i think it was one of her stronger scents...at least not strong enough for me IMO.

Melting:

Slatkin - Autumn Apple votive

ScentSationals - cup cake

SSS - Secret Recipe

Burning - Mainstays 3-wick Cinnamon Roll

Good Saturday morning, all. I have been running around the last two days so had to catch up on the posts. When I was at Yankee yesterday I got a Raspberry Creme candle and burned it last night--very nice. This morning it is Macintosh in both a candle and tart--love this one for fall. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

hi candlelove!!!

why did i make you anxious about moonlight harvest? it's the best autumn scent, i love it so much.

just try it, i am sure you will love it [smilie=th_pardon]

today i have started a new large housewarmer from yc : spiced pumpkin.

spices like nutmeg and cloves are very prominent, i prefer frosted pumpkin or pumpkin pie, they have got a milder flavor.

[smilie=th_giggle] [smilie=th_avatar_4219] [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

by the way: another excellent scent for cold autumn days is lakeside birch [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

hi candlelove!!!

why did i make you anxious about moonlight harvest? it's the best autumn scent, i love it so much.

just try it, i am sure you will love it [smilie=th_pardon]

today i have started a new large housewarmer from yc : spiced pumpkin.

spices like nutmeg and cloves are very prominent, i prefer frosted pumpkin or pumpkin pie, they have got a milder flavor.

[smilie=th_giggle] [smilie=th_avatar_4219] [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

by the way: another excellent scent for cold autumn days is lakeside birch [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

I have Lakeside Birch too- I will give it a try. That one has gotten mixed reviews. I just meant I was excited to try Moonlight Harvest. Thanks for these suggestions!

LLVV-Sorry for all you are going through. Glad your smellies bring you some comfort.

Denny-Sorry about your going part time. At least more time for relaxing with your wax.

I don't know what I am going to melt yet today. It looks like a gorgeous day so I will probably get summer scents going.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

I'm melting Heart of Autumn, from Crosscreek, this evening...and i'm so swooning [smilie=th_pardon]

Spill! What does this smell like? It must be new this season.

Hugs to you, LL!

Jules - that HoT Scent sounds interesting - any word on what they are doing?

Tonight is Essential Pleasures - Vanilla Bean

Not a word about any kind of HoT opening. I pulled out a box of melts from the closet and it's got some oldies but goodies in it. I can't hold on to these HoTs any longer. It's time to use them up. I found some old CocoaPink, HoT, Angies, and Front Porch in this container.

LLVV, I hope your Dad is seeing good results in his treatments.

Denny, part time does have it's advantages, and melting would definitely be one of them. Too bad sleeping late is probably not part of the plan. th_biqazm1.gif

This morning I'm melting OMG Kickin Key Lime and Blue Gecko - Vanilla Berry Cream Puffs