The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

Is it YC Strawberry Day? I should check my calendar. :)

Cozy Cottage - Nishiki Grapefruit

CYS - Coconut Cotton Candy

I don't have anything planned today. I woke up and put on a swimsuit. That's it. I plan to float in the pool all day like a bobber. It would be funny to have a swimsuit that is white on top and red on the bottom like a fishing bobber. [smilie=th_ee29] Who's got a fishing bobber emoticon?

Good Morning. Burning YC Be Thankful and melting Vanilla Lime from Can-Do. The next time I'm at the mall I'm getting a large jar of YC Vanilla Lime I really love this scent. I just hope it's as strong as Can-Do's.

Aria~ Glad you made it thru!!! Oh yes....I got a party cake in Sweet Blackberry...YUMMMMMM!!!!

Melting

Tangerine Noel...Love it!

LLVV, that carnival sounds fun!

Denny, that's a great post about GC scentpods. Thanks for writing all that out for us! :lol:

Aria, that storm must have been really scary! So glad things are improving now. [smilie=th_pardon]

Missie, how nice that your mom's fine with giving back the tarts. It'll probably seem like a whole new order for ya. Have fun with it! [smilie=th_stink]

Jules, you're a funny girl! Not sure I'd like wearing a red-bottomed swimsuit! [smilie=th_jaja]

I'm melting TDC's Tropical Passion Fruit. It's a gorgeous - did I stay GORGEOUS? - scent. [smilie=th_yay] Too bad it's not stronger and longer lasting though. But I guess pure perfection doesn't really exist in the world, does it? [smilie=th_c032]

Gail

Guest Viennalady
Good Morning. Burning YC Be Thankful and melting Vanilla Lime from Can-Do. The next time I'm at the mall I'm getting a large jar of YC Vanilla Lime I really love this scent. I just hope it's as strong as Can-Do's.

Oh I can understand you. I love YC Vanilla Lime. Its the scent for this hot summer days, we have now here in Vienna.

[smilie=th_pardon]

I am melting YC "Tropical Fruit" and YC "Kiwi Berries" together in one room. It smells wonderful together. [smilie=th_stink]

Melting Wild Mountain Honey from Candles by Lucy! This is a dead-on honey scent! Amazing!! [smilie=th_pardon]

Cbgirl, Wild Mountain Honey sounds like a sweet taste of heaven! [smilie=th_yay]

I'm melting CCCC's Fruity Fun. Soooo nice! My neighbor came to the front door to ask DH a question. As they chatted, I heard her comment, "Wow, something smells good!" DH muttered, "Yeah, she does candle thingies." She replied, "Well, it's great. Smells fantastic in there!" She's a nice lady, but not usually very generous with effusive praise. I smiled and thought, "She's having a bit of Fruity Fun herself!" [smilie=th_pardon]

Gail, apparently making the world more fragrant one neighbor at a time. Who knew? [smilie=th_stink]

Puppy - too bad U couldn't see your DH's face. I bet he did the eye roll thing, too. [smilie=th_stink]

My afternoon melt was GG's 3 Bears.For me, it was one of those "don't know if I like it or not" scents. [smilie=th_pardon] It was just on the edge of perfume-y, but then again, not. Definitely not a bakery sniff, tho.

Spent today helping MIL with her garage sale. It was like watching paint dry, LOL! I am not cut out to sit for hours and haggle with buyers, I guess. [smilie=th_foolish1]

I

Aria - that was good idea to rent first. I need to remember that!

Jules - you put on a swimming suit? I wish I was that brave! I need one of those 1920 jobbers that goes from your knees to your neck. :shock:

Today is CD - Brown Sugar and Fig

Denny - :shock: Can U use another melter (24 watt) for the pods? If so, would U put it right on the heating plate or put the pod in the ceramic bowl first?

Sweet - Good question. The pod container is made up of some type of hard plastic, so I never attempted to place one on a standard 24 watt melter. So this afternoon I placed an empty pod container directly on the heating plate of one of my 24 watt melters and watched it carefully to make sure it didn't begin to melt. The diameter of the pod is smaller than the heating plate of my standard melter so a portion of the heating plate was exposed. But, the pod did just fine. So next I placed a full pod container directly on the heating plate of the same melter. Again, no problem. The wax melted nicely, but somewhat faster than with the GC warmer.

So it seems you can put the pods on a standard 24 watt melter. [smilie=th_foolish1] I don't know if the GC warmers are quite 24 watts because mine do not include wattage info. Without that information I am unsure as to how long the scent will be dispersed on a standard melter.

By the way, my Coconut Mango Breeze pod just fizzled out after a total of 24 hrs. over several days.

Now I'm melting Nene's - Blueberry Lemon Loaf. lemon.gif Yummy!

Good Evening...

Melting Sweet Grass from Carol...oh boy, I love this one! I have been on a search for sweet grass for a LONG time...it is [smilie=th_foolish1]

Also burning:

Indian Paintbrush..gift from sis

Granny's Lemon Noel from SSS

Have a nice night!!! :shock:

We just got back from the Laurie Berkner concert and dinner with friends outting. DD is exhausted. I'm melting Carol's Sugar Corn Pudding and burning YC's New Zealand Wild Berry. Life is good.

Good Morning, Burning from YC Be Thankful ( I'm trying to use this one up so I can get another new fall fragrance) also melting from Kim's Strawberry & Champagne.

Smells pretty good in here. have a great day!

Good Morning! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee]

Remelting Sweet Grass (CFTKR) from last night

Little Black Dress (CHS) in the BR

Have a great day! [smilie=th_foolish1]

Aria~ Isn't it yummy? I think I used 3 tarts strategically placed around the house so maybe that is why I had a decent throw on that one.... :shock:

Good morning. I am rethinking the red bottomed swimwear. Debra, I'm all for the 1920's style.

Crosscreek - Fresh Lemon Slices

Sugar n Spice - Cake Awesome cake scent! New favorite cake.

Hi everyone

Wow i miss only 2 days on here and theres alot going on already. Better catch up. Lol.

Aria- sux you had a bad storm power outage and it damage your patio table like that. :cry: You want me to kick mother nature in the butt for you? Hee Hee!! Hope everything is ok now.

PuppyLove- I like CCCC Fruity Fun. It smell soo candylious!! Lol

!Jules - you put on a swimming suit? I wish I was that brave! I need one of those 1920 jobbers that goes from your knees to your neck. :lol:

debra99 - you too funny :shock:

MaggieMae- I didnt think i would like grass scent like that but when i melted YC dune grass, it had this calming sweet grass scent to it and i end up liking it. I gota try Carols for sure now then, didnt know she had it too. cool. :P

Well went to the ribfest that they had here over the weekend with my family and enjoyed it. They had this one Chicago band playing which they were pretty good. Enjoyed their songs and performance [smilie=th_foolish1]

Recent melts:

CFTKR tuscan melon and sweet apricot - not bad, had a sweet and sour scent to it.

CFTKR caramel nut crunch cluster (freebie) - not my type of scent but its super strong. If you guys like caramel scent, this one is sure is strong.

YC evening air - nice, mellow and relaxing.

CFTKR strawberry bubblegum - yummy and mellow. Like it

In between canning and preserving (which is why I have been absent lately) I am melting today, BG's Grape Parfait.

It is almost too hot to do anything here today but......I have about 12 more pounds of cukes to pickle!!!

Miss you guys!!

Hi everyone, its been a while since I posted. You know how busy summer can be!!!

Anyway....

LLVV, hope your feeling better friend, glad you had a good time at the carnival, we went through PJ yesterday and they had all the classic cars going to the park where they have the ice skating...really nice. That concert sounds great..I gotta ask my little nephew if he knows who that is.

Aria, That storm sounded scary. I love storms personally, as long as I'm in the house. Even if the power goes out I love it! Especially thunder and lighting!

Missie, If I could go shopping to everyones house that I've given tarts to holy smokes, I would have so much fun!

lovetopuzzle, I love Mimi's house too. I'm soooo not into bakery, but after hearing everyone ranting about it I gave it a shot. It was awesome. One of the very few bakery scents I will order.

Been so busy with DD, she has so much soccer stuff going on in the summer. She is also volunteering at a local hospital 2 days a week. It just seems like its been crazy here. DD is leaving Wednesday for a trip to Virginia with a friend and her mother. I am freaking out about it. It will be the longest she has ever been away from me and she is 15! She is leaving on Wednesday and coming back on Sunday. I am getting palpitations thinking about it.

Gotta get back to work...I'll try to check back later!!

Have a beautiful and cool day. Its another hot one here on Long Island!