The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

[smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday and staying at least somewhat cool and comfortable. It's a wonder if some of you don't have all your wax just spontaneously melting in all the heat! Have any of you stopped melting for fear of adding to the heat in your homes?

Thanks to my A/C running full blast I am still melting. This morning it has been Haley's 7-UP Pound Cake.

Denny, [smilie=th_1_bigone110] Hi girlie! It's 100 here now. A cooling trend. [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Candlefan, I don't ever stop melting for fear of adding more heat to my home. Maybe I'd consider it if I had ten melters going like some others do, but one little melter shouldn't create too much ruckus. [smilie=th_avatar_4219]

I'm melting Key Lime Pie from SSS.

Gail

Denny - what do you think of the scent pods? Seems like they were spendy - do they last, have a good throw, would you buy them again? ( huh? huh? Wouldja?) [smilie=th_cc8]

Katz - what is with kids remembering OUR stuff? Sheesh - heaven help us if we forget their things. [smilie=th_cha69] Hope you get it soon.

Today was a candle hunting day - I hit the stores looking for unusual scents to add to the stash. Success! Today's scent:

Godiva Chocolatier (really!) White Chocolate Magnolia [smilie=th_aa20]

Denny - what do you think of the scent pods? Seems like they were spendy - do they last, have a good throw, would you buy them again? ( huh? huh? Wouldja?) [smilie=th_cha69]

[smilie=th_aa20] Every time I look at GC candles I wonder about the scent pods, too. How do they work...do U take the wax out of the container, or do U put it on your melter....?

This afternoon I put on FM's Pumpkin Crunch Cake, from a CF friend. [smilie=thank_you] Wowsers....it's [smilie=th_cc8] ! I'll be watching for when they reopen. [smilie=th_aa17]

Debra, White Chocolate Magnolia sounds really interesting! Is it more floral or more chocolate?

Home for the day. DD's VBS program was so cute and so was the movie, Marmaduke. I'm staying in for the rest of the day. It's too hot to be out and about. The worst part is getting into the car after it's been sitting in a parking lot.

Just put on Cranberry Mango and Cheerful Day, both from Scentsy.

mp - here is the link with the "official' description.

http://www.candlesoffmain.com/godiva-white-chocolate-magnolia-candle.aspx

It is very interesting - it is soft (almost like chocolate fudge sauce) and even though it says white chocolate - it is dark brown. When you first smell it it is cho-co-laty! At the end of your sniff, the chocolate levels out and you get floral. Odd, huh? But I keep smelling it! So, I think I like it. [smilie=th_aa20]

(I should add - these are made by Laura Slatkin, so they should burn nicely.)

Debra & Sweet - The Gold Canyon scent pods weigh 2.4 oz and cost $5.98 each. The diameter of the pod is 3" and the depth of the wax in the pod is 1". So you basically are getting a 3" by 1" tart. You do not remove the wax from the pod. You simply remove the lid from the pod and place the pod, container and all, on the GC pod warmer. All the wax in the pod will melt so you have a real nice melt pool. GC recommends you melt for a minimimum of 4 hrs. The new warmers have timers on them so you can set the timer for 4, 8 or 12 hrs. When you are done melting you turn off the warmer and let the wax harden. Then put the lid back on the pod and store it away until you want to melt it again. GC states that the scent will last for up to 20 hrs. In my experience the scent begins to weaken at about 16 hrs. and lasts for approx. 20 hrs. The throw is about the same as a candle and sometimes better.

I generally purchase scent pods to try a scent I'm not sure about. I would buy them again for the same purpose. Would I buy them just to melt vs. burn? Probably not because the candles are more economical and I often melt the candles. I do keep a few pods on hand for use when I don't want to mess with burning/melting candles or with changing out tarts, like when you have a get-together or party at your house . Another plus - the pods stack very nicely.

The warmers are pricey but I had the pleasure of winning one at an open house my demonstrator had at her home. I bought another one on ebay and thought I got a pretty good deal.

I hope this is helpful.

Nene's Baklava

Blue Gecko - Spiced Caramel Latte

These gave me a craving so now I'm drinking a cup of vanilla flavored coffee. It's yummy.

It's only 88 degrees here tonight. Who'd a thunk it would be cooler down here than there?

Good evening!

We just got home from a carnival. It was a blast and DD was happy to go on some rides with 2 of her friends. We'll actually be seeing them tomorrow. DH and I are taking her to see Laurie Berkner. I'm not a kid but I love her music too.

Tonight I'm melting Sweet Indian Bread, a new one from Carol.

Thanks for the info Denny! Lucky you, winning a melter!

Tonight is CD - Beneath the Sheets

Springhouse - Vanilla Grapefruit

I started off melting Ozzie by CYS. It is supposed to be toasted coconut, vanilla, blackberries and pomegranate, but I am not sure I got any of those notes out of it!

Now I am on to Pure of Heart by CYS.

I have that same tart by cys,and I don't get those notes from it either. I am not sure what I am smelling.lol

bf-palmsmiley.gif Good morning and happy Sunday!

Thanks to all my CF buddies-Maggie, trep, Jules, Gail, sweet&spicy, Kim-hope I'm not fogetting anyone. We survived the storm and power outage. Luckily, we have a generator, so plugged in the fridge and sump pump. There were lots of downed trees and branches all around town. The wind was fierce! I think I missed not having internet access the most!!! [smilie=th_ee29] I felt so out of touch! [smilie=th_cc15]

Jules, I did light some jars, pillars and votives in the evening on Thursday. Once we got the boys to bed, I was actually able to read by candlelight! book.gif

Maggie, thank goodness for our shop-vac....got all the tiny pieces of glass. I love that thing and use it all the time for vacuuming up messes in the garage and basement. Carol included a sample of Sweet Blackberry in my latest order and cold sniff is super on that one. Just sayin' :)

debra, White Chocolate Magnolia sure is an odd combination...sounds like you're enjoying it!

This morning, I am melting Nene's Spiced Strudel....so, so yummy!

We've got a busy day ahead. Heading out to purchase a TV stand. We are renting a TV for a week before we purchase one to test out the size and we've got a 42". Seems plenty big for our living room and we are loving it. The picture and sound are so much better than our old TV!!! Next weekend, we will return the rental and go purchase a new TV!

[smilie=th_cc8] Have a great Sunday!

Aria, glad you survived! :)

This morning, I am melting zucchini bread from Jarpot Candles. I had it in the kitchen, but moved it to the living room. Trying to use up the scent before I get more tarts tomorrow. [smilie=th_ee29] I'm on day 3 with it, so it's time to get something new.

I'm heading to my mom's today to raid her tarts. I have given her tons over the last year and she really isn't into melting them, so she said I can have some back. It will be fun to look through what is in there! [smilie=th_cc15]

Aria-Sorry for all the problems you had with the storm.

Melting SSS Honeydew in 2 melters on this very hot and humid day.

Hope everyone stays cool!!

Good morning everyone! I am burning strawberry from Yankee and melting cottage breeze from josie's attic and pure grace from Crosscreek and polo from AMS.

Hope everyone has a great day!

You do not remove the wax from the pod. You simply remove the lid from the pod and place the pod, container and all, on the GC pod warmer.

Denny - [smilie=th_ee29] Can U use another melter (24 watt) for the pods? If so, would U put it right on the heating plate or put the pod in the ceramic bowl first?

Aria - I got a 42" for my LR and (for me), that's perfect. I never thought to rent one to try it out first- [smilie=th_cc8]

Am melting CTFKR's Lemon Sugar. [smilie=th_cc15]

Everyone stay as cool as U can! :)