The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

Hope everyone had a great 4th!!!

Actually did a little running around but got to lay in the pool for a while. Went to my sisters house for a little barbecue and some fireworks. It was nice. Today I'm driving my DD to work (she volunteers 2 days a week at a local hospital.) DH and I are going to a movie today!

LLVV, unfortunately, DD was never into barbies. When she got her own room when she was little I did it all in Barbie, and really she never played with one. She had one baby doll when she was 3 and that was it. I never played with dolls either.

Denim, so glad your feeling better. That must have been scary.

OMG, WHO DOESN'T LOVE HOUSE HUNTERS???!!! I love the International ones too, soooo cool. When my hubby and I watch it together we guess which house they picked.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!! Not melted anything right now. Last night I had Can-Do's Vanilla Lace melted, eh, not much of a throw. But I had Missy's Apple Lavendar on before that, marvelous scent and super strong, definitely a reorder!

Good Morning!

Fireworks were great last night...Woweeee! Another hot one here today....lovin' it.

Went with a nice, fruity scent this morning...

Lessie's Blueberries & Cream from Can-Do

I'm thinking of ordering some tarts from TDC...they're having a sale starting tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

Gail...congrats on your anniversary! [smilie=th_CONGRA34]

Denim...hope you're much better! [smilie=th_bb41]

Haven't been melting too much ..

YC granny smith

GHBT tayberry and teakwood

Guess I'm the odd one out because I don't like any of the househunting, house flipping, or decorating shows...just not my thing! [smilie=th_idontknow]

Hi all, wowzer's its gonna be HOT HOT HOT here on the east coast for a few days. I think DH is gonna break down and get a portable AC. We only have AC in the bedroom's right now. Anyone have input on how these things work? I would appreciate anything.

This morning (before its too darn hot) I am melting Nene's Coco/Mango and burning my Raspberry Guava candle from CBV. That's all for now folks. I SO enjoy CBV candles and they will always be my favorite for candles. Regarding scent shots or tarts, um.....eh I like em for the varieties, but there are loads of vendors that I choose for tarts, NOT candles though.....no way, no how ONLY CBV.

Have a good day everyone and stay COOL. :) OR :lol:

Hi all, wowzer's its gonna be HOT HOT HOT here on the east coast for a few days. I think DH is gonna break down and get a portable AC. We only have AC in the bedroom's right now. Anyone have input on how these things work? I would appreciate anything.

Hi Maurie. :) Do you mean the unit that's on wheels & can go from room to room? I've seen one described on QVC. You need a window that opens to vent it thru. It has a hose (kinda similar to your clothes dryer one) that fits in a panel you put in your window. Great idea! I was hoping it would work for me, but my LR & DR windows are those big picture windows & don't open, so it was a no go for me. :lol:

Hi Maurie. :) Do you mean the unit that's on wheels & can go from room to room? I've seen one described on QVC. You need a window that opens to vent it thru. It has a hose (kinda similar to your clothes dryer one) that fits in a panel you put in your window. Great idea! I was hoping it would work for me, but my LR & DR windows are those big picture windows & don't open, so it was a no go for me. :lol:

Yup, those are the ones. Luckily we have the windows required for the units. I need something BAD.

:lol: wax buddies.

Dabba, thanks for the congrats. :lol:

Sweet, wow, fireworks after midnight? Yowza, that's late! I enjoy fireworks but would rather not have them because they scare so many of the dogs and cats half to death. I hear they're actually illegal in England because of the issues they cause for pets. Don't know if that's true or not though...

Maurie, you tempt me to try CBV this fall. They must not have much black soot if you like them that well, eh? That's probably my main concern with candles. Don't want black walls and ceilings, or lungs either. :)

I'm melting Mango Papaya from Crosscreek. Fruity fantastic!

A little heads up, everyone. Come join us for the monthly contest down in the game section. It's a lot of fun but there aren't many players yet. [smilie=th_e16]

Gail

[smilie=th_e16] Hows everyone 4th of July?!

Mine was ok.... decided to catch a movie :lol: and had dinner at California Pizza with fiance since everyone else was out of town. Saw Karate Kid which I like.

:) Aria and PuppyLove for your suggestion. Appreciate it. Decided to keep it and using it rite now. didn't feel like going all the way over there just for a scratch. So far so good. lol. Its sooo pretty!! Hee Hee!!

Been seeing you all talking about this House Hunter thing. Whats that? :lol: Never seen it. You all made it seem funny and interesting on how pickey those ppl are. LOL

Melting CFTKR kiwi watermelon- sweet but mellow of a scent. Not bad, like it....

Well off to cleaning now, Its cleaning the house day. LOL

WHEW...it's hot and humid today!!! :lol:

:) Another House Hunters Fan here!!!

Debra~ LOVE your avatar!!! Beautiful!!!

Melting:

Cinna-Munchkins from SH

Fried Cinnamon Dumpling from SH

It's making me hungry!!

Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th!

Ours was nice, but it rained almost constantly last night. Strangely, the rain didn't stop neighborhood revelers from shooting off fireworks up until the wee hours of the morning! I 'm gulping down coffee this morning, trying to wake up after not falling asleep until 2 AM, when things finally quieted down. (Would have complained to the authoriities, but fireworks are illegal here so people just quickly shoot off a couple at a time-- almost impossible to catch red-handed!) :lol:

I've been burning a small Darsee & David strawberry scented candle (an older one I had on hand) and am melting Melon Ball, a CBV scent shot.

Think I will head out to some sales and take the kids out to the reservoir swim beach for some fun in the sun today. :)

Cosmo from Angel Made Scents. Its a nice scent but I have it in 4 rooms and can barely smell it. :)

I am so ready for GHBT's to re-open. I miss her tarts so much.

Also burning Kiwi Berry from Yankee Candle. It is super strong cold but doesn't have that great of a scent throw even after burning for hours.

Melting a combo of Red Delicious and Sticky Cinnamon Bun, both from Scentsy. Smells very much like apple pie!

Hi!

Wow, I guess some of you had a hard time sleeping last night. Fireworks after midnight...yowzers. They stopped around midnight over here.

Today I'm melting Carol's Milk Maid and Strawberry White Cake.

I've been melting the oh-so-beautiful Garden of Eden from Candle Dippers. Aptly named for sure. :)

Gail

Hi all. Hope you all had a wonderful 4th! We are really really hot over here....but still melting....today is Baked Vanilla from CYS. Very very light...but nice..

It's been raining almost all weekend, but at least it cleared some for fireworks last night.

We had a great holiday with family.

I hope you all have had a good, and long weekend.

Melting

Cozy Cottage - Pineapple Upsidedown cake

Tuscadero's = Milk & Sugar

The kids and I are waiting for the new Spongebob premier tonight. :)

This evening I am only melting Can-do's Watermelon. Earlier I had CYS Tequila Lime going in the bedroom and it was nice. Reminded me of YC Key Lime Pie, so I am guessing the Lime is the dominant scent here.

Just put an AC in the dinning room window. I cannot take this heat girls! I think we are gonna to put another in the living room. Ugh...............I hope this doesn't last all summer.

Have a great COOL night everyone.

I agree on the fireworks, Gail - I spent the morning trying to coax the kitty out from behind the toilet. :) I hope everyone ran out of fireworks last night.

Thanks, Maggie!

Today has been a CD day - Blackberries and Cranberry Dreams.