The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

Happy Friday everyone!!

Yea, my last day of work before I have a weeks vacation. Gonna try to relax!

Sweettart, Didn't get to go to the midnight show, they were soldout. Went the next night....I like both Edward and Jacob, but I want Edward for Bella.

Sweet&Spicy, those doggy biscuits sound delicious......NOT!!!! Quick story, when we were little, my sister and I had a babysitter.....when my parents would leave she would be on the phone, then this one time she invited her friends over....big mistake...we knew our Mom would be soooo pissed...we had these dog biscuits...they were in the shape of mailmen, firemen, and stuff, I remember this like yesterday.....they were in a box like animal crackers. Well the girl was hungry and we told her to have those..They were called people crackers, so she believed us...the dope...Well eat them she did..she then proceeded to throw up...we though it was hysterical...and so did my Mom when she got home, found out she had company while watching us and through her a** out!!!

Twinsmom. best of luck with your move. Hurry back!

Katzncandles, homemade ice cream sounds awesome What flavors do you make???

Tomorrow we are off to a visit to Manhattan to do some shopping. We very rarely go in, just too congested, but my DD wants to do a little clothes shopping and hopefully some knockoff pocketbook shopping as well.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Happy July everyone. Today I'm melting: Lemon Verbena by Ten Digit Creations.

Cinnamon Stky by Donny's Tart Mart.

Votives: Peachy King by Tyler

Lilac by Time & Again

Susan :shock:

Twinsmom~ Good luck with the move!!

Sillysmom~ WOW...some story! I think she derserved those dog biscuits! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Melting:

Country Fair Strudel from CFTKR

Blueberry Creme from CFTKR

I :shock: Blueberry!

I out did myself with Scentsy's "Bring Back my Bar" scents that are now available in July. What can I say, I needed to get a gift, and opportunity was knockin'...so I ordered enough warmers and tart bars for the gift and some to keep. Except - now I am looking at the scents I picked and I don't want to give any up! It will be interesting to see which bars get packed in with that melter, because it sure doesn't look there will be many right now! :shock:

Today is AromaSoy - Psychedelic Raspberry

Scentsy - Grapefruit Pomegranate

Hi All!

Twinsmom- Good Luck with the move!

I have just been busy lately and haven't been melting as much as I would like.

Yesterday I had going CCCC Lemon Sugared Violets and today I have going CCCC Lotus Blossom and LOL Honeydew and Cream. I think I need to find a place for another melter here because I am not getting much scent because of the high ceilings.

We don't have any big plans for the Fourth of July yet but I have a feeling the in laws will be stopping by. We have a big fireworks display at the beach and they usually stop by to see it.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!!

twinsmom, good luck with your move! Being an ex-military wife, I am all too familiar with the stress of moving. But, you'll be settled and enjoying your new area before you know it!

sillysmom, funny story! [smilie=th_1_bigone110] Enjoy your vacation!

Debra, I did my own damage with Scentsy's bring back my bar! Can't wait to get my hands on 'em! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Melting Camu Camu from Scentsy.

Happy Friday, everyone!

SweetTart, I too am really loving that Slatkin's Strawberry Patch! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Sweet and Mpfand, you're so funny about the dog biscuits! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] I wonder if you girls would enjoy my homemade Doggie Liver Brownies? I can give you the recipe! :cry:

Sillys, hilarious babysitter story! [smilie=th_ef3416a0] Have a great vacation!

Twinsmom, best wishes for a smooooooth moooooove!

Michele, are you at your beach house now? It sounds like it. Enjoy the fireworks show!

I'm melting Can-Do's Watermelon. I think it should maybe be called "Wondrous Watermelon" because it's that good! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Gail

Sweet and Mpfand, you're so funny about the dog biscuits! [smilie=th_1_bigone110] I wonder if you girls would enjoy my homemade Doggie Liver Brownies? I can give you the recipe! [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Gail

Puppy - I think I'll pass on your oh-so-generous recipe offer. I'm thinking those might be even more pukey (is that a word? :P ) :cry: than the gravy basted biscuits. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Sillysmom - great story! :lol: Have a fun vacation!

I was melting LOL's Pink Lemonade Jelly Beans (very good!), then my order from Carol arrived. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] I've been really curious about her Milk & Honey, so I whipped the Jelly Beans off to remelt later and put that one on. Here's her scent description "Milk and Honey, a smooth soothing scent. The wonderful fresh aroma of hawthorne, with nuances of creamy French vanilla, sweet milk and a base note of nutty almond." It's nothing like I've ever smelled before, but it's not floral-y at all. I can smell the honey and vanilla and what I think the hawthorne is. I 'spose the 'soothing' part is the milk....? I like it....don't know if I luv it. It really is kinda 'soothing', tho.

Gail, you are right, no kitty yet. HOWEVER...I am about to move into my new place and I will be able to get one on July 26 (but whatever, not like I'm keeping track or anything...) and I have started getting cat supplies. VERY VERY EXCITING!!!

[smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Hello All!

Silly...we just got back from Manhattan...such a beautiful day there! Is Silly still into Barbies? If she is and you want to give her special treat, take her to FAO Schwartz. She can design her own Barbie there and they will add the doll into the Barbie catwalk fashion show before handing her over. The price isn't crazy considering the store, location, and experience. We went to the Met, FAO Schwartz, and did lots of walking around. It wasn't crazy crowded either which was interesting...maybe by Sunday it will be crazy crowded. Loved the biscuit story too...LOL.

Cmarie - Have a great move! I hope you enjoy your new digs and decorate it up with lots of tart warmers and candles. Have fun! I love decorating.

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Hot Apple Pie Spiced Muffin tart and burning YC's Vanilla Coconut. I'm planning on watching some DVRs of Holmes on Homes and House Hunters International. Those are my 2 favorite shows on TV now.

Happy Independence Day weekend! We're celebrating my Mom and Aunt's July 4th birthday too, and my brother and sis-in-law will be here from TX too. What a weekend.

Melting Crosscreek - Berry Pound Cake

lighting fruity candles today.

LOL - Dole Whip jar

Slatkin - Strawberry Patch jar (yall talked me into it)

YC - Lime in the Coconut jar

Hope ya'll are having a great 4th weekend!

Recent melts:

Can do vanilla bean...love

YC orchard pear

YC hearts and flowers...old dead tart

unknown vendor..country kitchen

YC cinnamon and sugar

I got started melting early this morning....Summer splash in the kitchen and tropical escape in the family room..both from CFTKR and both are summery and wonderful!

Happy and safe 4th of July everyone!!

Debbie

Christy - Only a few more weeks until U get your kitty....that IS exciting! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] Do you already have it picked out, or R U waiting until right before U get it?

Jules - sounds like a weekend packed w/fun & family 4 U...enjoy!

Melting a new one from Carol, Autumn End. Don't see any in her store right now, but I think I smell a little apple and a little woodsy. Vedy nice! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Everyone enjoy your holiday weekend! [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20waving]

Had Emergency Lap Band Removal on 6/25. It has been a horrible week. I hope to never have to go through anything like that again. Thought I died for a few days. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Today I am melting Pine and Cedar in the Kitchen (someone on ebay)

Fresh Balsam from Bath and Body

Cherry Bomb from Josie's Attic

'

HOpe everyone has a great weekend!

Dale: I am glad you are doing much better. I bet that was such a scary experience.

Jules: Have a great time with your family..

Christy;: I'm glad you will be able to get a new sweet little kitty to love very soon.. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

I didn't know Sillysmom was into Barbie. I have a pretty large collection that I would love to start unloading. My DH is tired of them in every closet and nook and cranny and honestly , so am I.

I'm getting ready to melt SSS-Chaps My jerk. i really like this scent.

I wish everyone a safe and fun weekend.

Guest Viennalady

These days are pretty hot here in Austria. So in the heat I am melting but anyway, I have to melt some candles too.

YC Farmhouse Apple Tumbler

YC Berry Jam Votive

Sivias Candle: "Strawberry&Rhubarber" Melt

Hi friends!

CMarie, a new kitty in the near future - how exciting! I hope your move goes great.

Dabba and Katz, I love your avatars!

Jules, sounds like a fun family weekend. Enjoy! What do you think of your Strawberry Patch candle?

LLVV, I was watching House Hunters International too. Did you see that episode on the family buying a home in Baja California? What gorgeous houses and the decorating was TDF!

Oh Denim, that sounds awful!! Are you feeling good now? I sure hope so! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Today is DH's and my 43rd wedding anniversary. Bless the darling man's heart, he wanted to buy me a new diamond ring. Isn't that so sweet? (And he is most definitely not usually the romantic type.) [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0fd4616f0ac2e] I declined. But I may decide to gift myself with a bunch of wax instead. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Melting Candle Dippers' Vineyard and it's heavenly!

Gail

Glad you are ok, Denimsway! How scary!

I hope all of you will have a wonderful weekend, and for those of us in the good 'ole USA, a wonderful 4th of July celebration!. I know I, personally, intend to down some hot dogs, hamburgers and potato salad-- just to name a few of my Independence Day mandatory treats. This year I've really gotten into the spirit and even made a compilation CD of my favorite patriotic songs.

I'll be eating some watermelon later, but for now I am smelling it! I'm melting a CBV scent shot in Melon Ball.

Happy Birthday USA!

Happy 4th of July weekend everyone!!!

Unfortunately have no plans, everyone i know is going far out, haven't heard from on what they are doing, or isn't doing anything at all. :cry: oh well.... we'll see what happens.

Sillysmom- [smilie=th_1_bigone110] that is a crazy style story. Lol

LLVV- thats cool how there is still an FAO schwartz around your place. When i was younger, i alway like going there. and I too was a big barbie fan when i was younger. But now there are no more FAO around here, bye bye... bye bye. LOL

Deminsway- awwww you had a horrible week, hope you will have a better one this coming week. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Received my Crosscreek package yesterday!!! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy] excited!!! I could smell from the outside of the package. My fiance was trying to trick me yesterday when he check his mail and told me it hasn't came yet and i was sad. then when i was using the washroom he put the package in my purse and when i went to get something in it, i saw the package and was like yey!!!! and got all excited and turn to him and laugh on his little joke he did on me. He too funny and cute trying to surprise me because i been looking forward for its arrival.

Melting 1st Crosscreek herbal shampoo- when i first saw it on the site, i thought it was pretty interesting and unique and decided to try it. well as melting it, it kinda have a hint of caramel-ish smell to it but it does smell like shampoo. But i don't think it does smell like the herbal shampoo though, it smells more of like a pantene or plain shampoo to me. Either way, its strong which i love and this scent its ok to me. I was smelling the others that i order, and it smell awesome. Mostly order fruity and sweet bakery smells and they smell great. Can't wait to try them all. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

How scary, Denimsway. Hope you're feeling much better. :?

Gail, I will decline your offer of liver dog biscuits as welll. [smilie=th_LOVE] Congratulations to you and your DH. [smilie=th_slider_congratulations] What a sweetie to want to buy you a new ring! You know you're a true wax addict when you want scented wax over diamonds! [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Jules, sounds like a fun filled week-end! Enjoy! [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Melting Skinny Dippin from Scentsy.

Hope everyone has a fun, safe holiday!

Denim - sounds like such a scary time for U. I'm so glad you're ok and back home. :?

Puppy - Happy anniversary! [smilie=th_c2e41937] Your DH sounds like sweetie. I'm thinking you could've probably gotten both the diamond and some waxies. :roll: Maybe he'll ask again. [smilie=help] Another fan of House Hunters here. I like to see if they choose the house I would have. Some of the prices on those properties (especially the International ones) are astronomical!

Just put on CFTKR's Powdered Sugar Lemon Gems. Luvs me some lemon [smilie=th_fabulous1] ....hurry up and melt! [smilie=th_LOVE]