This forum is now open to consumers, sales representatives, and vendors alike. For consumers that want a private place to chat, consider joining the Consumers Only Club. There is a Vendors Only Club as well, open only to vendors and sales representatives. 

Any questions, comments, or concerns, please email: andrea at candlefind dot com. 

Thanks & have fun!

Sign in to follow this  
cheryl allen

Using multiple coupons at Yankee Candle

Ok, as many of you know, right now Yankee is having their semi-annual sale. Well, I took a $10 off coupon with me and had no problem using it. I thought I got some pretty good deals, but on the YC Facebook page a lot of the people are taking multiple $10 off coupons and having the clerk ring them up in several (sometimes many) $25 transactions so they can use the coupon over and over, essentially making the large jars in the sale $7.50 a piece! Well, now I feel like I could have gotten much more for my money. I do want to go back and get some more jars next week, but feel really weird about asking to use multiple coupons. What do you all think about it? Would you do it, or have you done it? I guess the store could just say no if they want to, but I think I'm too embarassed to even ask! Everyone on FB seems to think it's fine, but I wanted advice from my trusty, insightful CF buddies! Sorry for the long winded ramble, but you know me.

Jason-I always use multiple coupons at the sale. I bring lots of coupons (print them off the internet) and have the clerk ring the orders up in $25 transactions. Most of the clerks don't mind at all. it works for me every time and you get a lot for your money that way.

I did it one time. The salesgirl looked nice (my store has a reputation of hiring no so nice people) so I have it a try and it worked!!! I know what you mean though...it does feel strange but I was so happy afterwards. I only shop at Yankee with a coupon or a sale...never pay full price.

I can usually use coupons, but lately I have been told that coupons can't be combined with other sales/specials.... [smilie=th_LA839B1117] (I wanted to buy one get jar one half price and they told me I could not use the coupon..... sad.... I put the jars back, no sale).

Fleur, apparently they are only accepting the dollar off amount coupons, as these are the only ones that do not state that you can't use them on sale items. The Buy 1, Get 1 1/2 off does state you can't use on sale items. But with the sale jars being 2 for $25, you can take the $10 off $25 coupon, and get them for 15 bucks plus tax! That's a pretty amazing deal!

Fleur, apparently they are only accepting the dollar off amount coupons, as these are the only ones that do not state that you can't use them on sale items. The Buy 1, Get 1 1/2 off does state you can't use on sale items. But with the sale jars being 2 for $25, you can take the $10 off $25 coupon, and get them for 15 bucks plus tax! That's a pretty amazing deal!

Thanks Jason.... I will have to try that the next time I get a coupon.

I did go to YC today (I was at the mall for a couple of returns and I could not resist going into YC!). I bought 2 large jars for $25 which is good anyway. I got Fresh Mint and Tea & Honey..... fresh for summer. [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Jason, I worked retail many years ago. I returned a georgeous suit that was so old I'm sure it was part of grannys estate. The store policy was if the receipt was in hand tags and all you were to refund no questions asked. I turned around and bought the close to 300.oo suit for .99 a piece yes for less than 2 bucks. Plus employee discount. Try the multiple coupons. These clerks have probably seen it all and have taken money from undisclosed places of the body. All that can be said is no.

Cheryl

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.