The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Melting MAYhem

Lots of stuff going on here today! ("here" being this thread)

Two recent melts:

Nene's Herb Garden (maybe it's just my nose but this didn't smell as green as I was expecting)

EW Cranberry Craze (a favorite, but this is my last one!)

DH and I are contemplating many big decisions related to his move and the start of his career (like buying a car, picking an apartment, and other more personal things). We are fortunate to be able to make these decisions because it means he has a job, but they are still a bit stressful sometimes. When it comes to decision making, I tend to be preoccupied by something until it is resolved, so sometimes it is challenging to try to have a balanced life and let things unfold at a reasonable pace. But we are still doing fine and I am very appreciative of the break from school!

:lol:]

Jason--stay safe--your system is already causing more heavy rain here--I feel like I need webbed feet!! You be careful and alert and don't get blown away.

This evening it is a Vanilla Cupcake candle from Yankee and Crosscreek Christmas Cookie melting. For overnite it will be Scentsationals Black Raspberry Vanilla.

mpfand--congrats on the wonderful decision you made. I left my job to be a SAHM and have never regretted it. Good for you!!

Jason, hope the tornado doesn't materialize. At least you won't be in the dark if the power goes out. :lol:

Thanks for the support, candle buddies. It's something I've been contemplating for along time now. I know it's the right choice for our family, but it was still hard. I am very fortunate that DH supports my decision 100%. Evening melts are Vanilla Cream (so soothing) and Casablanca, both from Scentsy.

Good Evening All!

I haven't been doing as much melting as I would like as I have been very busy.

Overnight melt was Busy Bee Pink Fairy Dust. I am burning YC Tutti Frutti tonight.

Jason-Stay safe. We have been getting lots of rain these past 2 days, Tomorrow looks like the nice weather will return.

Good night!

Stay safe Jason!!

Congrat's on being able to stay home Mp....great for the kids!

Today it's Cucumber Melon from AMS....another winner!! Going to have to try that Sugar Bean Denim! Sounds good!

Today's melts have been:

Can-Do - Valerie's Vanilla Butter fudge

WnS - Raspberry Lemonade

FM - Citrus Poundcake

FM - Cinnamon Bread Pudding

Wonderful news for you, Mpfand. Enjoy - I know I would!

Jason, hope things are OK.

Yesterday was:

Snicker Doodle Creations - Sticky Buns pillar

McCall's - Cocoanut Caffe candle

CHC - Bear Claws (these are old but this was very good), Lemon Bundt Cake, Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

Cheryl's - White Cake/Italian Ice

Good Afternoon all!

Denim, with all your raving about AMS, I HAD to go place an order, and even better, I found that it was free shipping. Thanks alot??? No really, you made it all sound so great. I didn't see the Pink Sugar Bean, so I wrote a note to maybe get a sample. I got 20 1 ounce shot cups for $10 with free shipping, not too shabby at all.

Made it over there and placed another order for all the 1oz tarts I could get. Wish there had been more. She says she is putting more on there this weekend. Also got another candle. I am a sucker for free shipping!

Thismorning I'm melting Lavender Woods from County Heart Candles. One of my favorites... so woodsy!

Gail, you are not going to believe what scent I chose for the first melt after a week of abstinence.....Pumpkin Pie from Country Home Scents! Can you believe it? I found it so funny because it is nearly summer and here I am still schlepping thru the fall scents....

Too funny, Anjoy. Don't you know you're supposed to be melting something that goes well with :lol: ??? :P

Jason, thinking of you and hoping things go well. Stay safe!

I'm finishing up yesterday's Purple Jelly Beans from LOL before heading out to play with doggies this morning.

Have a happy Thursday, everyone!

Gail

Jason~ Hope you are safe!

Melting:

LR ~ Nag Champa from EW

K~ Melon Jasmine from Cheryl's...this is my FAV from her!!!

A strange combo of scents I know, but it smells great in here! Have a good day! :lol:

Hi all! Last night's scents were:

K - Fresh Picked Strawberries & Sugar Coated Pie Crust - CFTKR - This is one of Carol's pie shaped tarts - I cut it in half and it was actually very good (DP liked it too) I was interested to see how the FPS would go with the pie crust scent since it is a really good strawberry scent.

LR - Merlin's Forest - CFTKR - A very nice earthy scent - a favorite

BR - Pink Sugar & Fresh Picked Strawberries - CFTKR - This was pretty good but her Pink Sugared Watermelon is still my favorite of her pink sugar blends.

Bathroom - Green Irish Tweed - CFTKR - A favorite

And today's first scents of the day are:

K - Banana Wafer Pudding & Blueberry - CFTKR - This is one of Carol's BIG jumbo tart cup thingys and it smells pretty good cold but so far not very strong but I just put it on...

LR - Blueberry Vanilla Bomb - CFTKR - A favorite

BR - Watermelon Kiwi - CFTKR - Awesome scent - a new favorite!

Bathroom - Jade - CFTKR - A favorite - very fresh and green.

Can you tell that I got my CFTKR order? :lol: :P

Jason, I hope everything is ok.

Stay safe, Jason!

Today I found a really old box of tarts from Home & Garden Party - probably bought about 5-6 years ago. I tried them and the Mulberry was a bust, but the MacIntosh Apple is doing OK!

Jason, stay safe my friend!!!!

Denim, Christy's 1 oz cups for that price are quite a bargain, I couldn't resist. She said she would sent me a sample of the Pink Sugar Bean. And I already got a shipping notice!

I really have to start melting a little more, I haven't made a dent in my Spotted Hog Haul, wanna write a nice review for them.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Fresh Floral Honeydew from Carol...such a favorite and a perfect scent for this beautiful spring day! I was outside on the porch a little earlier and was getting whiffs through the open windows. [smilie=th_a194]

I have been melting Haley's Amish Friendship (Bread?) this morning. What a perfect scent for starting off the day!

I hope all the folks in Oklahoma and surrounding states have been surviving the wild weather ok, especially you, Jason. It sounds like the Dallas area is under the gun right now.

Denver's tornado season doesn't really crank up until early June, and usually isn't too severe, though last year one hit right nearby and almost completely destroyed one of my favorite restaurants. If the twister had hit the Yankee Candle store in the same shopping center any worse than it did (just broken windows and external building damage-- wax was ok) I would have been a basket case!

Everyone having stormy weather...stay safe. :)

Melting HOS Cucumber Salad (blend of cucumber & apples). Been waiting for a clear, warmer day to try this and the weather finally cooperated today. Starting to smell good in here... [smilie=th_a194]

Stay safe Jason!!

LOL Aloe & White Lilac

Having a friend over tonight to play Settlers of Catan, if any of you know that game. It's a good one. DH and I agree that even though we have far less class, we're still staying just as busy. It's amazing how life tends to rearrange itself to fill whatever time you have!

Jason, I hope a Willow Breeze is all the wind you get.

Tonight I'm melting Iced Lemon biscotti

also just put on CYS - Lemonder