The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind

Melting MAYhem

Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words.

LLVV, not sure if its the contagious kind or not. Its hard to tell the difference between viral or bacterial or something just from allergies. I have had viral before and my only symptom was slight redness and constant tearing. Viral is worse because its contagious and nothing will stop it until it runs its course. Started the drops anyway to be safe. I work in a school, you know there are many kids walking around with pink "eyes".....can't tell with them either. Considering I work in the library and touch all those nasty books, it got me. Not sure how, as my hands are raw from washing and wiping with antibacterial wipes.

Oh well, I hope your daughter starts to feel better soon. Usually, a good fever will last 3 days. I bet it breaks tonight or tomorrow

Nothing different added to my melting or burning tonight. Unless I didn't mention CBV Reese's Peanut Butter.............OMG, freaking amazing. I burn it in my bedroom and it gives me such a warm cozy feeling. Its not bakery, but yet its creamy and peanutty and slight chocolate (only slight as i hate choc. candles and such). A must try for anyone who loves the candy.

Good Morning!

LLVV-Hope your DD feels better soon. I hate when the little ones are not feeling well.

Maurie-Feel Better!

I am melting SSS Mandarin Pink and it smells really good!

I have been so busy that I am not melting as much as I like. Hope I can melt more soon!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good Morning All!

LLVV~ Hope your little girl feels better soon! Did you say she has an ear infection? My DS used to have ear infections ALL the time and sometimes the prescribed antibiotics just didn't work on him so maybe she just needs a different anitbiotic. Hopefully she should be able to fight it off soon. Poor baby!

Melting the same as last night. They're still cranking.

Have a good one!

Good morning....happy Sunday!

Melting White Cake from Carol

LLVV, sorry to hear about your DD. Hopefully the fever will be gone by tonight. If not, I would at least call the doc tomorrow morning and see what they say. Is she in pain? My younger DS got ear infections frequently and Amoxicillin never worked for them. There are different antibiotics they can prescribe like Augmentin or Biaxin.

I also store tarts in used candle jars. Carol's tarts look really cute in jars and it does keep them nice and neat.

Off to cook some sausage, eggs and toast for breakfast!

Have a great day!

Morning, all!

Maggie, I do like the Cocoanut Caffe scent. I'm enjoying the candle overall. It has a nice, slow burn. I can't wait to try some of the others.

Maurie, double whammy, huh? I hope you're feeling better soon.

LLVV, I think if the fever is trending downward (or at least not increasing), it's probably on the right course. There are risks with changing the antibiotic too soon, too, so I would see how the day goes. Hopefully she's a lot better today!

Candles Made from Soy - Cinnamon Buns (nice)

GG - Frosty the Pervert (this will clear the sinuses!)

Kim's - Mulled Cider (eh), Warm Vanilla Sugar (lighter, nice), Hot Orange Danish (one of my faves from here)

CCS - Mulled Cider (threw better than Kim's but still not crazy about the scent)

McCall's - Cocoanut Caffe candle, Country Apple melt

Can Do - Dad's Cucumbers & Cream (favorite), Sweet Milk (another favorite...milder scent but very creamy and delicious)

Cheryl's - Hawaiian Paradise, Blackberry Jam Cookies (didn't care for this...almost a perfumey kind of scent), Blackberry, Lemon Bundt Cake (yum), Orange Drop Cookies (ok), Baked Apple (ok)

SH - Caramel Apple Whippet Votive

AZW - Ginger Milk (not much throw), Nepalese Mountain Temple (woodsy), Bamboo Zen Tea (not getting much), Earl Grey Tea (nice, sharper than Earl Grey Supreme. I prefer the Supreme, I believe. Gotta do more research to see!), Italian Cappuccino (creamy coffee scent)

Brighter View - unknowns (no labels, no throws)

I hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Good morning!

Thank you for all of DD's well wishes. She still has a fever but she's managing well with it. I'm having a hard time getting an accurate reading with it because her ear hurts so I don't want to stick in it too much. From feeling her I'd say it's still around 100. Once in a while she complains of her ear hurting but it's not constant. Ibuprofen is helping with the pain and fever. Fortunately, she is acting like her normal energetic self right now. We'll see how she is tomorrow. If the fever hasn't broken I'll call the doctor. She's on Amoxicillan (not the Z-pac the 10 day course).

I'm still melting Carol's Apple & Maple Bourbon. It's very nice. I have my New Zealand Wild Berry candle burning in a new jar holder. It's a black metal one from Yankee. It makes the candles look sooo pretty! I love the black contrast with the Yankee colors. At first I wasn't sure I'd like it but as soon as I used it I feel in love. It's very striking and elegant. Anyone else have this?

I am melting Crosscreek's Lime in the living room and Crosscreek's Cashmere in the bedroom.Love them both

Hi all! Felt in the mood for some earthy scents today since it's all cloudy and grey outside so I put on:

K - Poisoned Apple - EE - A very nice apple scent with an earthy note to it.

LR - Possession - EE - A really good scent - this is the description: A mixture of plum, old world wood, leather, and musk.

BR - Big Bad Wolf - EE - One of my favorites from EE. I also have some oil of the same scent in the BR oil warmer.

Bathroom - Desolate Forest - EE - Another favorite.

LLVV, I hope your DD feels better - sometimes it takes a few days for the antibiotics to really start working.

Maurie, pinkeye is uncomfortable - hope it clears up soon.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676] ALL!

Happy Sunday!

BigRed, those are some interesting scents you've got going!

LLVV, I hope your DD gets well soon.

Maurie, feel better quick!

I'm melting Can-Do's Caramel Cinnamon Latte. Not too much throw just yet, but Can-Do takes awhile to get going and then acts like the Eveready bunny around here. This is a good scent for today, so warm and cozy. It's 42 degrees, windy as heck, a few snow flurries. Our average temp on this day is 86. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Gail

I've tried both and they are very similar - Crosscreek's might be a bit better though although SH's Paradise lasts for a really long time in my melters - commonly 15 hours or more. They are both very good.

Thanks Bigred! :) I had a feeling they were the same scent. Now my big decision is who to get it from for the summer melting. Might be who has a sale first. [smilie=th_c032]

MaggieMae - sorry to hear the MD Baton Rouge was a bust. [smilie=th_hmph] I hope her others do well for U. [smilie=th_drinks]

Maurie & mini LLVV - feel better soon! :shock:

Puppy - it never ceases to amaze me that the desert can also get snowflurries. :shock: Our temps seem to be on a roller coaster. I had my furnace on the beginning of last week and this week it's going in the high 80's. Hope the cold doesn't last long for U. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

I'm melting HOS English Eggnog. Excellent scent, much like Nene's [smilie=th_ecd36868] , but hers (to me) is a smidge (does anyone say that anymore? :lol: ) stronger.

Trying out several of my 1 oz sample tarts I bought from AMS....loving the Caramel Corn one....YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

CYS - Dark Pumpkin Peach

FM - Citrus Poundcake

Yummy! Lady...those are 2 of my favorite scents!! Must smell wonderful!

Thanks Sweet! I am still going to try that Baton Rouge someday! At the moment I'm on lockdown so it will have to wait. I hope the rest of the MD tarts are ok...I am expecting a lot from the newest palm/soy blend!

Melting~

Crosscreek's Funnel Cake... [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Candle Haven's Prim Wishes..last one in the bag. I am so amazed that Lessie's tarts are still as strong as when I got them years ago!! Glad I can still get some of this at Can-Do! :)

Hi all - the sun is trying to come out here so I changed out the heavy earthy scents of this morning to something brighter:

K - Pear Berries - Mookie Doodle - A favorite

LR - Lily of the Valley - GHBT - A favorite

BR - Cool Citrus Basil - CCCC - An awesome version of one of my favorite scents - will definitely get more of this one!

Bathroom - Clear Skies - Colonial - A very nice light fresh scent (retired now)

I also decided to light some jar candles as I haven't done much candle burning lately:

K - Colonial Mulberry - A very nice scent

LR - Gold Canyon Casablanca Lily - A favorite

BR - Colonial Seagrass - A favorite and it blends quite well with the Cool Citrus Basil

Bathroom - WoodWick Tradewinds - A favorite

Smells good in here! [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Today I'm melting

CFTKR Pink Watermelon and Pink Sugared OJ

Gold Canyon candle in Juicy Watermelon and Goose Creek in Summer slices

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

it's rainy here today, and I'm melting CYS Zucchini Bread. This is the best ZB scent that I've ever smelled. YUMMO!

This afternoon I changed to Cheryl's Plumberry Spice. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676] ....this is one STRONG scent! I even have the windows open, but I had to shut it off for a while. :shock: It's strong, but it's also :) !

Christy, I've never heard of that game...is it a board game? Enjoy your evening!

Aria, yes, it is a board game. It was designed by some Germans and is only available at specialty game stores as far as I know. If you've heard of Carcassonne or Agricola, this is sort of along those same lines. Anyway, Settlers is a fun strategy game where you build settlements and cities to earn points and get resources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlers_of_catan

Recently I have melted GHBT 7up Pound Cake. I could really smell the lemon-lime note in this and consequently thought it was wonderful. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Tonight I am melting YC Island Spa and burning my YC Sandcastles swirl candle for the LOST finale. Very excited!!

Sweet, yes'm, the Mojave desert (aka the high desert because of its altitude of 3000') gets pretty extreme heat and cold. It's been AWFUL here today. So you've had roller coaster weather too, eh? What a weird year it's been so far!

I'm melting CCCC's Apple Berry Spice, which is Awfully Berry Nice! [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Gail

Maggie - Yes, it was smelling very nice in here! The Citrus Poundcake is a favorite in my home.

Now melting:

SSS - Mango Papaya

SSS - Coco Mango

Gail, luv the word smidge. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Bigred, Clear Skies = ahhhhh Wish they would bring it back.

LLVV, get well wishes for your DD.

Tonight I'm melting Milk & Sugar from Tuscadero's, and burning BBW Orange Sapphire three wick. These are blending really well.