The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
momuvtwo

When The Scents Come Marching In

Good Morning!

I am starting off the day wit SSS Zucchini Bread and SSS Sugar Snaps. Smells good here.

LLVV-Glad you are

having a better day than yesterday.

trep-Sorry about the sump pump. The ground just can't take anymore of this weather.

mpfand-Hope your grandmother is feeling better.

I just got word that my uncle needs a double bypass tomorrow. Prayers to everyone who needs them.

We had no power here for a day and a half. You don't realize how much we depend on electricity until you have to do without. Let's hope that the spring weather is right around the corner. This has been some crazy winter.

Happy Monday everyone! (if there can be such a thing...)

Today it's HoT Orange Cranberry Sugar Toast. This one is a great morning scent!

Good Morning!

Melting Lisa's Lemon Cookies from Cheryl's and Sweet Orange and Chili Peppers from Can-Do this morning.

Trep~ Oh No!! I know how you feel....my Dad's basement flooded too but we ending up getting a generator going to keep the sub pump running and empty out the flood. He still has no power. I hope the damage isn't to bad for you and I hope the plumber has your parts!!! <>

melting a whole bag of Juicy Couture from Ashlee soy creations in the bedroom. Put 1/2 a bag in one warmer and 1/2 a bag in the other wamer in one room and can't smell a thing.

My package just arrived from Mylingy's purr-fect candle's. I have opened about 10 of them and strangely enough, they all smell the same. Weird.

Denim...that's wierd...hate to hear that!! I ordered like 5 dozen votives and a dozen tealights from her....i think my package is shipping today....i am hoping they smell good [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Hi everyone,

Candlelove, sorry to hear about your power issues. Ours was flickering all afternoon on Sat. but we never lost it...we did lose power for 2 days during that last huge snowstorm.. Funny thing I never posted about; was when this storm hit and we lost power, we had PLENTY of light from all the candles I had...with tart melting though I had some issues...like I couldn't open the freezer b/c the power was off and we wanted to keep things frozen not knowing how long we would be without...so,,,, I after the wax cooled, I just stuck the melter in the snow and voila!!! Out popped the wax. I was pretty proud of myself...lol

LLVV I had a similar day yesterday with the time change and all, I was late for church, we were eating lunch around 4 because we had issues with some family members and then dinner around 9....maybe something was in the air yesterday....I am glad today is much better for you...

This morning I am melting Forever Alice from BG..it is supreme!

Last night I melted Pumpkin Spice Latte from Busy Bees....yes,,,, still trying to use up my fall stash.....

Enjoy the day everyone.

Michele, I hope your DM does extremely well pre and post op! My mom had a triple bypass years ago. It was all good. It's amazing what the medicos can do these days. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Trep, best wishes for a quick fix of the home repair!

Denim, that's awful your melts have no throw. To add insult to injury, your new package all smells the same. What a bummer! Are they individually wrapped?

Sharon, thanks for the heads up! I'm off to check! [smilie=th_friends]

Anjoy, Forever Alice... [smilie=th_blij81] But [smilie=th_aa18] [smilie=th_cc15] That's hilarious about the melter in the snow! You sure used your noggin' there, GF!

I'm now melting Busy Bee's Honey Ginger. None better!

Gail

Great posts today--hope everyone's loved ones recover quickly and all power issues get sorted out. I hate being without power. No parts yet for the sump pump--hoping for tomorrow. Luckily if Dad goes down every 3-4 hrs he can make it run manually long enough to get the water out so we are doing OK.

This afternoon I have on Bean Pod soybeads in Lemonade--very nice lemon scent.

Have a great night.

Hope your Grandmother has a speedy recovery MP!

Today it's Blueberry FlapJacks from AMS! [smilie=th_offtobed] A strong one! :shock:

Denim...that's wierd...hate to hear that!! I ordered like 5 dozen votives and a dozen tealights from her....i think my package is shipping today....i am hoping they smell good [smilie=th_offtobed]

Let me know what you think of them. I picked the "love spell" to try first because it is normally a very strong scent and got nothing at all out of it. :shock: Ii've got about 50 of these things.

Pardon my insensitive posts. I posted quickly and didn't read back a couple of pages.

Mpfand, get well wishes for your dear Grandmother, and to Michele also. More get well wishes for your family.

Big hugs to everyone having a rough start to the week. [smilie=th_offtobed]

I just changed out SSS Zucchini Bread for Haley's Cookies & Cream. I noticed that most of my last order from Haley's came in palm wax. I don't particularly care for palm wax but we will see how it goes. The SSS Sugar Snaps is still going well from this morning. That is one strong tart.

Wow...hate to hear that...i have 5 dozen votives coming ): I hope i can smell them...She had really great feedback, i figured they would be decent.....i will let you know. I picked only baking and cinnamon/spicy scents....those are the only type of scents i like.

I agree, beatrixpug - don't run out of that one!

Best wishes to all the CF extended families - may they all heal quickly.

Trep - fingers crossed for you - and how is the new candle, btw?

mp - I like that Berry Blush a whoooole lot! [smilie=th_offtobed]

Today is Cheryl's Apples Spiced with Nuts.

My White Chocolate Mint candle came today from the animal rescue website on Ebay. Wow, I'm impressed. She shipped the candle immediately. It's in perfect condition. Boy oh boy it smells soooo good. I have no idea how I will muster up the courage to burn it.

I'm burning YC's Berry Jam. I have to get my melter going again. Cake Bake lasted for most of the day.

Mpfand, I didn't see the post about your grandmother until today. Wanted to let you know I hope she gets better soon.

Tonight I have been melting YC Midnight Jasmine and Sage & Citrus. Burning Hemingway from Hobby Lobby (love it!). Earlier I melted YC's Drift Away.

Cyn ~ How's the Rice n Raisins from Scents from Heaven?

It was yummy - definitely the Rice Pudding scent I love so from LOL. The scent throw was not as strong as LOLs, but a decent one. I would buy it again.

Right now it's Mexican Fried Ice Cream - Kim's Tarts. I should have waited a bit before using these, but they were in the ziploc baggies and I don't care for those. I didn't get any scent throw from MFIC. I'm about to change up before heading to bed. I'm not sure what it will be yet.

I hope everyone had a good (or decent) Monday. Best wishes to those with ill family members. And good luck with the sump pump, Trep!

ETA: I opted for Sugar Corn Pudding from CCS (just starting and smells fabulous!) and Banana Walnut Cake from Hodge Podge (an old favorite).

[smilie=th_offtobed]