The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
momuvtwo

When The Scents Come Marching In

Yesterday I threw in a tart from an unknown vendor, labeled Italian Bread Pudding. I'm usually more of a fruity/fresh kind of girl as opposed to bakery, but OMG this was INSANE. The problem is, I can't reorder without figuring out the vendor! It was in a plastic baggie with the name of the scent all in caps on the label. The tart itself looked like it was made with a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter (i.e. not scalloped). Any thoughts or is this hopeless?

:)

Have you ordered from Bella Candles & Tarts? I have that scent from her in a 2 oz cup but the label is white with print in Times New Roman font, all caps. Haven't melted it yet but the cold sniff is very good.

Her description:

ITALAIN BREAD PUDDING-Our italian bread pudding is unlike any other bread pudding scent! Our scent is the aroma of Italian Bread cubes soaked in Amaretto liquor , overpoured with a sweet vanilla custard and sprinkled with sugar crystal , baked till golden brown!

I haven't ordered from Bella's, but I know this is from a CF friend anyway, that's why I don't know what vendor it's from. Sounds like it could be the right one...I pick up more cinnamon than amaretto, but maybe it's just my nose. Personally, I am not really into shaped or decorated tarts, the scalloped or tart cup ones are just fine for me, so I don't have a good sense of which vendors might offer tarts in different shapes. Crosscreek is the only one that comes to mind. The label sounds very similar to Bella's though.

Hi!

I've been melting Carol's Berry Fulfilling and Gingerbread Cake all day. In a few minutes I'm going to the YC outlet for some hunting and pecking. I have a 20% off your order for the outlet so I'm super excited. Hopefully I can score a rare scent.

Have fun, LLVV!

I've been cleaning all morning and changing melters as I go along. Downstairs-Vanilla Suede, upstairs-Vanilla Cream, both from Scentsy. Powder room-Citrus Linen H20 from EW.

Ahh... clean house + new melts = :)

mpfand, we are twins, I am cleaning too....lol

A little while ago, I started a chunk of a huge freebie tart Carol sent me....it's a mixture of strawberry and banana and it smells out of this world!!! Da Da Da Da Da.....I'm lovin' it!!!

Hi, everyone - I have been melting Green Clover/Aloe from Cheryl's all day....smells good but I'm almost convinced there was a scent mix-up since it smells identical to cool citrus basil, which I order from just about every vendor so I'm pretty familiar with it. Though I haven't ordered the clover/aloe in a long time so maybe they are just that similar. Either way, I like it :)

Hello all!! well another rainy day here.

Today I melted a freebie from LOL Black Amber & Linen.It was a really pretty scent just not very strong.Also melted LOL Flower Pops.

Can anyone tell me if the tarts in the cups are stronger than the scalloped tarts?

I'm trying to decide where to place my next order from.I think CFTKR is going to be it.I alos just ordered from another company called Chicago candle Company (I think that was the name).They seem to have some great choices and the customer service was really great.Hope they are strong.I also want to place an order with Scentsy.I want to get one of their warmers.I contacted a consultan and am doing an online party hoping to save some money on my order.Any suggestions on which scents from them are good?I like any scents but tend to stay away from Florals.

Thanks to everyone for all your input and suggestions.I'm slowly finding other companies to try and am having fun doing it.

Added Oatmeal Raisin Cookie from Almost Country to the mix. I'm slowly using up all my AC stash. (I have so much!!)

Have a good one!

Switched out the Green Clover Aloe/Cool Citrus Basil mystery scent to YC's Midnight Jasmine and OH MY am I pleased with this scent! I got it on the $1 sale - hadn't tried it in the past, but I"m loving it enough to make the drive all the way out to the store again tomorrow morning before the sale ends to pick up some more......Very nice!

Sweet, I can't believe my eyes. You like a maple? Has the whole world gone mad? [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Jules - Not to worry - your world is still semi-normal. [smilie=th_c55] [smilie=th_e13] Read it again - I liked it cuz I couldn't smell any maple in it. Or....maybe I've become a maple convert. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Can anyone tell me if the tarts in the cups are stronger than the scalloped tarts?

Strongthrow - To me, LOL's scalloped tarts and tart cups are equally strong. HTH -

Howdy, friends.

I've been gone all day to a beautiful native plants botanical garden. Beautiful! Just got home and plopped Cheryl's Country Bumpkin in the melter. Ahhhhh!!!

Have a good evening,

Gail

Let there be peace from GHBT's in the bedroom

Mountain Air - Country Heart Candles in the living room

Nana's angel food cake in the kitchen

I had a lot of fun shopping at the YC outlet. I found some really good ones...Wild Cherry, Shiraz, Sweet Melon, and Verz Cruz Vanilla. I used my 20% off coupon and saved lots! Woohoo!

I also got my order from Carol today. I threw Blueberry Zucchini Bread in the melting immediately. Ahhh...I think I'm in love.

My New Moon DVD also came in the mail. I'm getting ready to watch it! Woohoo..great day!

That IS a great day LLVV. I also got that Blueberry Zucchini Bread. Cold sniff is so good.

Tonight, Full Moon clams:

Exotic Teak

Juicy Peach

Melted a combo of CBV Coconut Praline and Raspberry Rainbow. Reminded me of the good cherry scented pipe tobacco. Also had a PB Cookie tart from someone on ebay, going in my electric melter. Didn't love that one, so I added some PB Cookie oil from CBV to it and presto..............a perfect scent. The tart smelled like PB but not cookie and CBV oil smells like the best creamy butter cookie EVER.

Thats it for me, this evening.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night and great Wednesday.

I also want to place an order with Scentsy.I want to get one of their warmers.I contacted a consultan and am doing an online party hoping to save some money on my order.Any suggestions on which scents from them are good?I like any scents but tend to stay away from Florals.

I don't care for most florals, either. Here are a few of my Scentsy favorites:

Berry Blush-Strong berry scent and a bit tart.

Vanilla Suede-A bit masculine with the sweetness of vanilla to smooth it out. Lasts forever.

Mochadoodle-Strong, yummy scent. Like brownies baking in the oven and coffee brewing at the same tme.

Coconut Lemongrass-Very strong, clean smelling. The lemon and coconut are evenly balanced.

Mediterranean Spa-Love this one. Clean and fresh, but not soapy smelling; perfect for a bathroom.

HTH and have fun shopping!

Strongthrow - I just ordered a couple of more melters from Scentsy. I love them. I really like the one they have on for special this month. I have a room picked out for it already!

Candlelove - I am in LOVE with your avatar. Makes me smile each time I see it. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Thanks for the info, Jules. That Ginger Lime sounded really good.

Sounds like you had a good trip, LLVV.

Let's see, as of right now it's:

Caramel Corn - Ashley's.

Amazing Apple Pie - Ye Olde CC

Tangerine Lavender - PI

I'm enjoying them all.

hi all. been melting and burning. some recent ones:

CCCC-sugar sugar

CFTKR-key lime pie w/sugared pie crust

Bonnie Blue sugar cookie going in the DR

CFTKR=my muse

CFTKR-Jacuzzi, CBV tokyo spring in the bath

also burned Gold Canyon lime ginger(so strong; love this), and Love Struck

CBV-u Tarzan,me Jane glitter candle (love this one too. so clean and pretty and strong)

Cynthia - is that tangerine lavender you had going from Pure Integrity? I don't recognize that scent from them. Or maybe the PI stands for another vendor I'm not familiar with?

Nothing going yet - I'm working and will probably just get a tealight going on my desk for now.

Cynthia - is that tangerine lavender you had going from Pure Integrity? I don't recognize that scent from them. Or maybe the PI stands for another vendor I'm not familiar with?

Nothing going yet - I'm working and will probably just get a tealight going on my desk for now.

Editing to correct - it's not Pure Integrity. It's Pure Scents. I haven't bought from either in a long time and didn't look carefully enough at the bag.

This morning -

Sugar Cookie, Earthly Sensations

Ye Olde CC, Ye Olde CC

Southern Pumpkin Cornbread, Ye Olde CC

I hope everyone has a good day.

Harvest Glow - Creme Brulee

Cheryl's - Itty Bitty Bikini

Good morning, Buddies. Looking forward to another scent filled day.