The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
momuvtwo

When The Scents Come Marching In

Susan m109.gif Wish we really could all get together for great food and drinks. za2.gif

You are right about the Palm Island...very lush...bathtime.gif

It's funny reading about your husband liking tarts now too. I had to special order a seasonal scent from Nene just for my husband.Laie_7.gif

I like it that he likes smell goods. I'm able to buy more without feeling guilty.5yjbztv.gif

Cute, funny post as always, Sharon! [smilie=th_lmao-1]

I switched to Cheryl's Christmas Mulberry. To my nose, this one is seasonless, not really Christmas-y. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Gail

Not a great day around here. I found out this morning that my 82 year old grandma had a heart attack and is in ICU.

Melting Sugar Cookie from Scentsy in a feeble attempt to lift my spirits.

sweet.....Cozy Christmas is one of my favorites from AMS. I don't think she has it anymore though.

Cindy - Well.....phoo! [smilie=Pattys_day] I remember how much you liked it and have you to thank for recommending it. [smilie=th_lmao-1] I have seen it other places, tho, especially around the holidays.

Mpfand - I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. Don't give up hope, tho. As we get older we 'grow' collateral veins, and sometimes the blood can get thru those instead of the usual ones. I'll keep her in my prayers. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Can't go too long without my bakery fix, so have changed to Nene's Honey Graham Pie Crust. [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

I made it to my dad's--not much traffic which was good. Thanks for all your good wishes. I bought a candle at Wal Mart on my way here--a three wick Mainstays Tropical Fruit and I would advise any of you who like tropical fruit scents to RUN--not walk to your nearest Wal Mart and get one. It is one of the best scents I have ever smelled. I feel like diving into it. I also have a Christmas Cookie tart from Crosscreek going so it is smelling good in here.

Mpfand--My prayers are with your grandma and all of the family. Don't lose hope--my dad has had everything from two kinds of cancer to a stroke and heart attack and he is 89 and still has a job so the human body is amazingly resilient.

You are so welcome Sweet!

Prayers for your Grandma Mp.

Glad you had a safe trip Nancy!

Melting Bread Puddin' from Can Do....a favorite!

Tonight I"m melting YC's Lilac Blossoms - I don't remember when the last time was that I melted this one from YC, but I guess I had forgotten how authentic it is - absolutely like standing near a lilac bush!

Busy weekend winding down, though I still have quite a bit to do around here to get ready for the week.

Trep - I'm glad you arrived safely!

Just got home from a fun but long day in Chicago at the Field Museum. My DD picked out a YC tart in Strawberries and Cream. It just mlted down and does it smell good in here. Creamy strawberries-YUM!

Mpfand, I'm sure sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope she recovers beautifully and quickly.

Trep, it's good to know you arrived safe and sound. Enjoy your time with your dad.

I'm melting LOL's Cinnamon Buns. A true comfort scent if ever there was one. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Gail

Hi Everyone! Today was bad. Have you ever felt like you spend all day taking care of everyone else but yourself and then when something (like a bowlful of liquid parafin wax) gets spilled and you have to clean up your own mess nobody will help you???

Let's see my bad day started off by realizing, an hour too late, that today was spring forward. My day started off an hour too late. DH notices a dog barking and running around in the rain and asks me to help him so we can find out who it belongs too. I spent 15 minutes out in the rain trying to get this dog to come to me thinking that some little kid is probably crying out their eyes because their dog is lost. My frickin neighbor's guest put the dog outside in the front yard and listened to it bark for 15 minutes. When they opened the door I asked if the dog was theirs and it was. The dog's owner said, "My dog is such a wuss. He'll bark at anything". I wanted to scream. No thank you, I'm sorry you got wet because I'm an idiot and leave my dog outside in the front yard so it can get hit by a car.

Then my chicken didn't get into the oven until late. Then it's popper didn't pop until 7:30. After cleaning up dinner, I had my waxtastrophy that took an hour to clean up. My head is pounding.

At least I found a great tart to melt...Cake Bake.

Mpfand, my best wishes for your grandmother.

LLVV, hoping your headache goes away soon and tomorrow is a better day.

My last change tonight:

Rice & Raisins, Candles Scent from Heaven

Mpfand~ So sorry to hear about your grandmother...I wish her well and you are both in my prayers. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Trep~ Glad you made it to your father's safe.

LLVV~ Tomorrow has got to be better!!! [smilie=th_lmao-1]

Sharonana~ Your emoticons are so cute...love the Mexican food TOO!!

Cyn ~ How's the Rice n Raisins from Scents from Heaven?

Melting Swan Creek Carrot Cake

Thank you everyone for your kind, encouraging words concerning my grandma. She is my last living grandparent.

Last melt of the night is Casablanca from Scentsy. Clean and calming; just what I need right now.

Best wishes to your grandma, mpfand. (I have had a grandparent in the hospital recently myself and it's tough.)

Today's melt has been CBV Indonesian Delight. (I either got this from a CF friend or in a swap, so thanks!)

We have started out my visit with my dad with the sump pump going bad about 1 this morning--we were up half the night so Dad and I are pooped. Waiting now to hear from the plumber--with all this snow melting we need it bad.

Just started Pineapple Orchid from BBW . Hope you all have a good day--especially you LLVV--what a day you had.

mpfand--any more news on your grandma? Sending good thoughts your way.

Good Monday morning! KittyWhiteHearts.gif

We are being promised some sun this afternoon. That weatherman had better be right rollingpin.gif

I am melting Carol's Apple Cinnamon this morning....a favorite and as always smells so good 62125.gif

mpfand, prayers for you and your sweet grandma angel.gif

LLVV, wishing you a great day today! cute216.gif

Over the weekend I noticed that the bluebirds have returned! cheer2.gif We have bluebird houses in our yard and they are just so cute. I also saw some goldfinches and robins! Waiting to see if the tree swallows return as well. Love spring!!!

Okay, gotta get going...grocery day...oh, the thrill!

Good Monday morning.. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Melting NeNe's Orange Spice and its a great thrower and just a big fav of mine, I am however getting into some good spring scents...I love fruity ones in the spring and summer!!

Have a great day [smilie=th_friends]

smileygdmorning.gif It's a cool dreary Monday morning here in the south.

LLVV...so sorry about your day yesterday. Here's hoping for a better one today.smiley-love005.gif

mpfand...sure sorry to hear about your grandmother. Thoughts and prayers being sent your way. smiley-hug013.gif

Starting off the morning with CCCC Coconut Lemongrass in the BR...

Daniela's Hawaiian Cake in the kitchen...

Candle Dipper's Coconut Vanilla in the LR...

It's a veritable luau in here I tell ya!1lg082HulaDance.gif

ShowLetterlllllllllllllll.gif

Hi Guys!

Today has definitely started off way better than yesterday! OMG, what a day. I guess you need at least one of those a year to appreciate how good things can really be.

I'm melting Cake Bake and Cherry Almond from Carol. I also have my YC Berry Jam burning. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Mornin' all. [smilie=th_friends]

LLVV, how grand that today is already much better for you! [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Mpfand, thinking of your beloved grandma this morning...

Sharon, I'm loving your scents this morning! I'm a coconut nut. And no, I'm not stuttering. [smilie=th_blij81] Coconut Lemongrass sounds especially interesting...

This morning I'm finishing up yesterday's LOL Cinnamon Buns. I'm not smelling too much yet, so it may be about done.

Gail

LLVV, glad your day is off to a better start!

Nancy, hope you can get some rest today.

Starting the day with Berry Blush from Scentsy. Thought it'd be a good scent to welcome sunny, warmer weather. Supposed to hit 71 today! Still waiting to hear from my mom on how my grandma is doing. They were going to do a procedure this morning to see how much blockage she has, which will determine whether or not she needs surgery. She's on oxygen and they think she may have pneumonia as well. Thanks again for all the kind words. It truly does help.