The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
momuvtwo

When The Scents Come Marching In

:lol:

Today, I am melting Carol's Cinnamon Toast....it's sort of rainy and cloudy so this smells good and cozy.

sharonana, I placed my Nene's order last night....pretty much just ordered random scents that sounded yummy...lol. I think I ended up with about 2 dozen of the regular melts. luvlove.gif

trep, I am going to check our Hallmark store for those Aromatique oils. ty3.gif

Susan, way to go getting DH on the tarting bandwagon! eyebrows.gif My DH couldn't care less. Check out Nene's new additions for sure! yes.gif

debra, bummer on the mingling of the scents! groan.gif

zzebay.gif Yikes, I also placed an order with Carol last night too! She has already emailed me to say my package is going out via UPS today...how does she do that? Between that and the Nene's order, I will be set for awhile! rotfl2.gif

Good Morning!

Today I'm trying a new one...Monkey Munchies. DD picked it out because she liked the name. OMG, it's amazing! It's not a crazy strong thrower but the throw is decent. However, the scent...OMG! Sweet bananas and caramel. Ahhhh...heaven! I'm also melting Lemon Buttercream which is also very nice.

I forgot to mention...last night I had a dream about YC's White Chocolate Mint. I have no idea why I was dreaming about this candle. What did I do this morning...I went onto that Yankee Candle Ebay Site for the dog rescue and found one for $19 and scooped it up. I had actually gone to the YC outlet a few weeks ago looking of this particular candle but they didn't have any. I thought this candle,not being available and yet highly sought, would be some outrageous price. Today is a good day. :-)

I forgot to mention...last night I had a dream about YC's White Chocolate Mint. I have no idea why I was dreaming about this candle. What did I do this morning...I went onto that Yankee Candle Ebay Site for the dog rescue and found one for $19 and scooped it up. I had actually gone to the YC outlet a few weeks ago looking of this particular candle but they didn't have any. I thought this candle,not being available and yet highly sought, would be some outrageous price. Today is a good day. :-)

One of my favorite Yankee scents. Wish you hadn't brought it up... now I want one! :lol:

Thismorning I'm melting Crosscreeks Citrus Linen H20. Fabulous

good morning, all.

Trep, we have several walmarts here. the one I went to doesn't have those scentsy-type warmers or tarts, or the oil. I'll have to try one of the other stores. Do you use the coconut oil with your HFO's? I've always been on high alert when I use them because they seem to burn off so quickly.

CFTKR-lemon sugar cookies(mmm, good)

bergomot terragon leaves in the bath(such a nice green lush spa scent)

Garden gate in the BR

overcast here too. today is ironing day....glad I like to iron cuz I have lots of it.

happy Friday, everyone.

Susan, if you really want a particular melter from the line, let me know, I would be happy to pick it up and send it to you!

Last nights melt was ummmmmm oh yea YC Greenhouse, very nice as usual.

[smilie=The_Hi] buddies,

Susan, it's fantastic your DH is getting interested in wax. [smilie=th_FULL_O17] I don't mind if mine isn't interested but I sure don't like it when he says anything negative. His latest word was "aggravating." Humpf, that's how I would have described him then! [smilie=th_a043] [smilie=th_bb20]

LLVV, I guess dreams of wax do come true! :lol: Monkey Munchies sounds terrific!

Maggie, I like your scents for today. They sound yummo!

Sounds like many of you are getting rainy weather. We're finally getting a break from the rain and wind. I'll take it! [smilie=snoopy]

Melting LOL's Apple Pumpkin Fritter. I just call it plain ol' divinity. [smilie=cloud_9]

Gail

LOL, thanks guys. I can't believe I had a dream about a candle. Robert Pattinson...yes...believeable. A candle...LOL.

Denim - She had at least 3 listed, so there are 2 more left if you want one. I can post the link if you want.

good morning, all.

Trep, we have several walmarts here. the one I went to doesn't have those scentsy-type warmers or tarts, or the oil. I'll have to try one of the other stores. Do you use the coconut oil with your HFO's? I've always been on high alert when I use them because they seem to burn off so quickly.

CFTKR-lemon sugar cookies(mmm, good)

bergomot terragon leaves in the bath(such a nice green lush spa scent)

Garden gate in the BR

overcast here too. today is ironing day....glad I like to iron cuz I have lots of it.

happy Friday, everyone.

We don't have the scentsy type warmers or tarts either--these are just little bottles of oil near the flowers in the craft aisle. They have a few soapstone and electric oil burners there too. Hope you can find them as they are really good and ony $2 a bottle. I use 1 Tablespoon of canola oil and then add the fragrance oil. I leave the tealight until it burns out--about 3.5 hrs for the ones I am using. I have had no smoke, or the oil turning black or sticky or anything. I was always afraid to try oils but with the canola oil as a disperser it seems to work like a dream. After the tealight goes out I just dump the oil in the wastebasket and wipe the dish out with a paper towel. They I wash it with soap and hot water and I am ready to go again. Nancy

thanks, Trep for the tip. I never thought of canola oil.

sillysmom, thanks muchly. I'm sure one of the several walmarts we have here must have it.(i think we have a total of 5 walmarts in cinci)

LLVV, that is too funny about the dream. Now if you start dreaming numbers, you better play the lottery! I saw monkey munch and thought about ordering. I decided to get a chunkie cup w/banana wafer pudding/carm. praline instead.

Denim, I love citrus linen H20. such a clean crisp scent and throws so well.

Gail, that is too funny about the 'aggravating'. can you imagine? lol

switched out the BR melter to Candledippers Diva. I would switch out Carol's lemon sugar cookies for something else but this is just too good and has been going strong since this am.

Home from work early and have the house to myself for a little while anyway. I'm melting from Can-Do Spicy Apples & Peaches from last night and I added Sugar Butt as well. They smell great together.

Hi all.

Starting my weekend off early- just work till noon on Fridays :lol:

Wanted to try on of my $1.00 YC tarts I bought the other day in Spring Bouquet. It smells like springtime in my house, such a lovely lilac, rose flowery blend...loving it.

Off to get ready for working at my children's school/church Fish Fry.

Have a good one.

Karrie

I don't know why I bother looking forward to 'weekends' - they are busier around here than the work week. So, off to pick up kids and gear up for that. Earlier I was melting YC's Fruit Salad - it was good for awhile but seemed to get that burnt wax smell after a bit, so I switched it out for a Cheryl's sample I had forgotten about - Hazlenut Cappuccino. Also burning Vanilla Sandalwood candle - also from Cheryl.

For the rest of the day it is Yankee Vanilla Cupcake. I finished my two wick so the house already smelled like this so I added a tart for the evening. Have a lovely evening and weekend everyone. We are to be chilly and maybe a few snow flakes. I want my spring back!!! :P

Aria~ Great orders from 2 great vendors!!

LLVV~ Dreaming of candles? Sure....why not? Sounds good to me!!

Susan~ DH is liking the scents? You are a lucky lady! My DH has never mentioned them...he only mentions that I have TOO many. :shock:

Gail~ I think your scent sound great too! I love Apple Pumpkin Fritter...I have a stockpile of that one. :P

Melting Sweet Dreams from SSS in BR and the scents from the morning are still brewing!

Trep, snowflakes, huh? wow.

I heard a few geese this forenoon! first ones I've heard this season. always so strange that I always am aware of the first time I hear them in the spring, and again in the fall.

melted CYS thou art lovely this late pm while I was ironing. it was a good one but fizzled out fast.

chores are done so I'm settled in front of the pc for the eve with a cup of coffee and settled on Donna's Heart and Home. It's a rainy night here. couldn't tell if it was hail or freezing rain I was seeing earlier while in the kitchen. that's a good cozy scent. also burning CBV spiced apple pie in the kitchen the same in the LR from Goose Creek.

have a good eve, all.

Susan - I saw a small flock of geese yesterday, too. As I was walking into work I heard the familiar 'honk' and looked up while I ducked a little. :shock: When birds are flying overhead...I never quite trust em..... :lol:

Melting CYS Harvest Kitchen. SO good! I think I smell zucchini bread in the mix. :P

Hi everyone,

TGIF, tonight I have Grandma's Kitchen from Crossroad's (a new one for me) in my kitchen tart warmer. I am liking this one. I smell Vanilla/Almond and a hint of spice. Nice as I don't like too spicey. On my bedroom melter I have CBV Rock that Vanilla going and that one is A+++. Earlier I had CBV Banana Coconut Cream Pie going, but it finally died. I am not happy but I have another one coming soon.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Hope to check back in. Just a lazy, rainy weekend here on Long Island for us. It is supposed to rain tonight, Sat. and Sunday...yuck! Nice weather to melt/burn and read. Then of course there is laundry too. We are going to make our St. Patrick's Day meal on Sunday this year, so the work night doesn't get too crazy.

I love corned beef and cabbage meal. Night all.

Hello everyone! smiley-greet024.gif (just love this little dude...so cute)

TGIF!smiley-happy057.gif

Bought a new vacuum today and my husband has vacuummed the whole house.smiley-chores010.gif

Tomorrow I'm buying new dust rags and a fresh can of Pledge!drunk-irish-048.gif

Anyway...melting Haley's Juniper Breeze...lovely...absolutely lovely.heart-121.gif

Off to order from Nene. others-238.gif

Y'all have a great weekend!drinking-62.gif

It has rained almost all day here too. It overflowed our 4 1/2 inch rain gauge. I had Kiwi Berries YC on earlier, but now I have YC Ocean Water going. It is currently my favorite YC scent.