The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

February's Flirty Flames

Hi Everyone!

Denim - There's something about this time of year and the refreshing scent of lemon. I love it too. I had one from Carol called Bite Me...great for right now. It was so refreshing and a different sort of citrus but it had lots of lemon in it.

This morning I'm melting Carol's Amish Friendship Bread. Soooo yummy!

I felt so bad for DD last night. She and DH were playing around. He went into our bathroom to brush his teeth and DD was waiting on our bed. She told him to come to her for a kiss and when he popped his head out of the bathroom she tried to throw a stuffed duck, we call him Duckie...she made it for me a long time ago so he's my stuffed animal, at him. She missed him and sent my new and beloved mosaic tart burner from YC right into the bathroom. Crash! Right on the tile. She was sooo upset and thought that I'd be angry. I told her as long as nobody got hurt, it's ok. It's just a tart burner. I can get a new one. All night she was upset about this. She felt better with lots of kisses and hugs. DH cleaned up the mess for us (he was being a wise guy which is why she threw the duck at him). I told her this gives me an excuse to go candle shopping. She smiled and felt much better. She could break every candle and tart burner that I have and I'd never lose one drop of love for her.

Maurie, good to see you posting, girl!

I'm glad to hear the snow has let up for you east coast folks. Our rain has ended and we're heading for blue skies most of the week. Finally! [smilie=th_ecd36868]

LLVV, that's too bad about your warmer, but what a sweet mom you are. I can't say I was nearly as forgiving when, many moons ago, my son was playing soccer in the house and shattered a sculpture worth hundreds of dollars. :cry: Crazy kids!

I'm finishing up yesterday's sliver of Busy Bee's Butterscotch Brulee. It's like the Eveready bunny! [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Gail

Hi Everyone!

Denim - There's something about this time of year and the refreshing scent of lemon. I love it too. I had one from Carol called Bite Me...great for right now. It was so refreshing and a different sort of citrus but it had lots of lemon in it.

This morning I'm melting Carol's Amish Friendship Bread. Soooo yummy!

I felt so bad for DD last night. She and DH were playing around. He went into our bathroom to brush his teeth and DD was waiting on our bed. She told him to come to her for a kiss and when he popped his head out of the bathroom she tried to throw a stuffed duck, we call him Duckie...she made it for me a long time ago so he's my stuffed animal, at him. She missed him and sent my new and beloved mosaic tart burner from YC right into the bathroom. Crash! Right on the tile. She was sooo upset and thought that I'd be angry. I told her as long as nobody got hurt, it's ok. It's just a tart burner. I can get a new one. All night she was upset about this. She felt better with lots of kisses and hugs. DH cleaned up the mess for us (he was being a wise guy which is why she threw the duck at him). I told her this gives me an excuse to go candle shopping. She smiled and felt much better. She could break every candle and tart burner that I have and I'd never lose one drop of love for her.

Funny you said that bout the Bite Me ~ I just ordered that one from Ashey's Soy Creations thismorning. [smilie=th_ecd36868]

Back from school....man, those first graders are so darn cute. It's fun watching how they've matured since the beginning of the school year...pretty soon they'll be 2nd graders! They sang a couple of Valentine's Day songs for the parents and my heart just melted! Of course, my DS was the cutest of all....don't think I'm partial, do ya?

Came home to LOL's Cranberry Zucchini Bread in the melter and sad to say, I had to turn it off....all I could smell was mulberry which I don't really care for. Blech....

Now I am melting Carol's Lemon Pound Cake in two melters.....my gosh, this is a good one!

LLVV, thanks for sharing your story....kids are so precious.

Okay, I am going to go give myself a little manicure....they're getting too long and I hate typing with long nails....lol

Have a great afternoon!

Aria, I agree. Those little ones are so darned cute. I'm positive your DS was the cutest of all! [smilie=th_ecd36868] My oldest DGD is in first grade and she's definitely the cutest in her class! :cry:

Switched to Can-Do's Peppermint Stick.

Gail

Hi all!

I melted something from YC last night, but I forgot which of the new ones it was, I'll post later about that. It was good though!

Finally done with the snow from this storm, the driving this morning was terrible, but now the sun is out and its melting, and I leave at 3:30 from work, so it should be fine driving home.

LLVV, poor girlie, she's gonna have to help you pick out another burner, I know she hates going to YC, lmao!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

decided to put on CFTKR's "Lemon Poundcake" after lunch today. It was GREAT for about 3 hours and now nothing. I think this 24 watt warmer is burning the scent off too fast. Wondering if I shouldn't be using another one for these melts??

Thanks for your well wishes everyone! [smilie=th_ecd36868] I tried to melt yesterday but the results were grim. So I still can not melt anything since it seems to upset my stomach... :cry: but I like to look over the board and see what everyone else is melting. It all sounds so yummy!

Have a nice one everybody.

Just got back on after a couple of days-wow lots to catch up on!

Thanks again to everyone for the well wishes-I am starting to get a little excited, so hopefully all will go well.

Yes, the home market is looking up a bit-not in leaps and bounds, but hoping we have a little luck in selling. I agree about downsizing-I get so overwhelmed keeping up sometimes, I'll be glad to only have one floor to clean!

This afternoon I am melting lavendar from HL and Pink Sugar Buttercream from LOL.

Have a great evening everyone.

LLVV-sorry about the melter. You can take your dd out shopping with you and let her pick the new melter-that would make her feel really good I'll bet.

Maggie-glad you are starting to feel better.

Great day today. Four year old had a Valentine Program and I went to a NEW local candle company in town and purchased 3 soy candles. I went safe with the smells until I made a good judgement. Ameretto Nog, Birthday Cake, and Gourmet Sugar Cookie. With this price they better throw amazingly.

Cheryl

MaggieMae - geez.....no food or smellies...? :shock: Sure hope you're feeling better by tomorrow! :)

LLVV - your dd sounds adorable...that was the cutest story! [smilie=th_aa21]

Cheryl - please let us know how your new candles perform for you. Does this new store have a website? [smilie=th_a194]

Melting Nene's Chai Tea.

This afternoon I've been melting 2 scents from Nene's: Harvest Maize and Grammy's Sweet Corn Pudding. Also melting Carol's - Whole Wheat Bread.

Have a good evening!!

good eve, all.

Maggie, I know what you mean about the smells and a stomach bug; even if I'm over the worst of it, the only smells I want are something citrus-y and that is it. You were a brave dear to eve come and read the board. I also can't watch food commercials for at least two days after a bug. I can still see it now...the year 1976..home with a bug...a Duncan Hines commercial comes on...I can still see that box...was the last thing I saw before the waste basket. LOL I know, TMI, TMI.

Cat, welcome 'home'. there is a sense of excitement w/a move; also lots of stress.

LLVV, those moments together w/family are more precious and irreplaceable, aren't they? a shame you have to visit the YC store so soon. :)

this afternoon I had a freebie from Carol-mango madarin and burned my new GC ginger lime. that thing throws like craaaazy. love it and will be great for summer. I had to take her for a test drive.

now I have one of Donna's new ones; Sweetie pie. I no sooner put that in the melter and started throwing like crazy. I love it; very strong, very sweet. smells like sugar butt mixed with strawberry or some type of berry fruit. also burning GC Lovestruck(just started), and CBV raspberry mocha latte.

CFTKR-sea Island Grapefruit

BR-Hyacinth

have a good eve, all

Hi Everyone.

Tonight I'm burning a new YC candle...Candy Slice. The Vanilla Lime is the predominate scent in this one.

I'm also melting Carol's Banana Berry.

Evening melts are Vanilla Walnut from Scentsy and Blue Sugar from EW. These both smell great and are in separate areas of the house so they're not having to compete with each other.

Tonight I decided to light up one of my YC in cin. & sugar.....yummy, the throw is pretty good on this one.

Good night!

Karrie

Susan, that is hysterical - now, that is! I am sure at the time you could see no humor in that story!

I am not a chocolate sniffer either. I want mine solid and with soft centers!

Today I have melted Sweet Surrender's Metal. I think she may be closed for now? Too bad, because I really liked my last order.

PS - LL, have fun shopping! :)