The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

February's Flirty Flames

Guest ilovescentedthings
Added Crossroads buttered Maple Syrup to the mix.

I saw that you thought the cranberry one was too light how is this one? and have you tried the other scents from here?

I found the last bit of an oldie from last year. Vanilla lime coconut from Full moon. Its been melting for about an hour and it smells great!!!

Debbie

I hope everyone is having a good afternoon. Like LLV said, we are waiting for some major snow thats coming our way. They are forecasting at least a foot up to 18", I hate snow, but I will definitely be home from work tomorrow, and maybe Thursday too. I get paid for the days, so I'm good to go.

Last night I melted Pancakes and Maple Syrup from Kim's Tarts. I had to wait for hubby to leave for work, he hates most things bakery, I'm not really a fan either, but there are a few I like, this one I just wanted to try for the heck of it. Lots of syrup going on, a little bit of the pancake or bakery scent, but much more sweet syruppy smells. I left it on, but I wouldn't reorder, just because it was too sweet. Plenty strong and very authentic scent I would have to say. So if its your cup of tea, definitely give it a try.

Hope everyone has a safe night tonight, and stay warm.

good afternoon, all. yes, snow is surely coming down, quite an accumulation here. I went out and shoveled our walkways, as my building manager passed away suddenly a week ago Sunday. He was a good fella, had known him all the 8 yrs I've been here. he had worked and lived here for over 25 yrs. seems so strange and my landlady is elderly. I actually love to shovel(now don't all hit me with your shovels) lol ironically I got a free sample of a topical muscle ache relief in the mail today; how perfect! the dogs loved it except for my littlest fella-he would have sunk. everyone is thawing out now.

haven't changed the melters yet but i took the melter out of the bath that had Nene's Spa in it and I have been smelling that scent in the bathroom for several hours now!

Kim, I love Bendel bean. so clean and sophisticated.

anjoy and splt, I will have to peruse fragrant memories. that blueberry cake sounds yummy and up my alley too.

glad the oil tank didn't have alot of oil in it and thank goodness for alternate heating sources!

*eta-Olive, I've got that lemon fairy cake on my Nene's wish list.

stay cozy, all.

[smilie=th_aa17]

I've been working around the house for hours and still haven't started my regular cleaning. Ah well, at least I've been productive!

Susan, I can't believe you enjoy shoveling. :P I must be a slug. [smilie=th_aa17]

All those of you getting snow, stay safe!

I've been melting Can-Do's Cinnamon Sugared Cranberries. Very nice! Now it's Busy Bee's Bay Leaf & Pepper. Yum! So far it's been a good wax day! :lol:

Gail

ShowLetterpppppppppppp.gif It's snowing here too and I am thrilled! I love the snow! We haven't had much this winter, so this is just great!

I have a candle burning...Slatkin Vanilla Shortbread. In the melter, it's Coco-Mint Frost from Can-Do. Loving both of these scents a lot.

Have a great afternoon!

Well, the snow has almost stopped this afternoon. I'm afraid we're in the the blowing and drifting this evening. Susan: it's sad when you get to know an elderly neighbor well, and then one day they're just gone. We had 3 pass away in the past couple of year on our street. I've just started Can-Do-Lessie's Prim Wishes. I'm sure already this is a reorder. Don't over-do those who LIKE??? to shovel and such.

Added Crossroads buttered Maple Syrup to the mix.

I saw that you thought the cranberry one was too light how is this one? and have you tried the other scents from here?

ilove, the buttered Maple Syrup is much stronger than the Cranberry. I got the cranberry because it was 50% off (only $10) so I took a chance on that one. These are the only ones I've tried. I got the buttered Maple Syrup first and would buy it again.

TV interrupted with weather update...Philly area is expected to get 18+ inches. This is expected to break the record for the most snowy winter [smilie=th_aa17] . Should start around rush hour so I hope it holds off until DS gets home.

I'm melting:

Scentsationals - Fresh Cut Pine, Sugar Cookie

Still burning buttered Maple Syrup.

Stay safe, everyone!

I think i am going to order a few more scents from Ashleys Soy candles, on Ebay....i am totally loving her melts [smilie=th_aa17] The Vanilla Hazelnut is HEAVENLY :P

Becky, so glad you are liking them. me too! I'm so glad that someone on YT told me about her stuff. very reasonably priced to boot. One little cube in my BR overtook the whole house! I see she has votives up now too. I'm on sortalockdown. (yes, all one word) lol

melting Can-do Cast-iron skillet cookies. I had forgotten how much I loved this one. I just came in with the dogs and as I entered the building, it smelled just like someone had been baking cookies! so fragrant and different from the regular sugar cookie.almost like there is just a hint of almond or something in there. I'd have to look at the description again. and I don't care much for almond in wax but this is so good. I just got a CBV order and got orange butter poundcake(forgot I had ordered that one) and again just a hint of almond but is sooo yum on cold sniff.

burning the last of my CBV breakfast in Vermont, Goose Creek angel kiss, and GC sweet cinnabons.

Can-do freebie in the bath-very nice. sea blossoms, I think is the name of it.

18 inches in Philly? wow. my nephew lives in downtown Philly but is close to all the shops and busline.

For the rest of the day it is Crosscreek Christmas Cookie which came with my order today. I was at BBW today and they had restocked on their tarts so picked up quite a few. Hope all of you in the snow's path stay safe. It snowed all day again here but didn't stick even though it is quite cold. The wind is really blowing too so I am glad we don't have much on the ground to drift the roads shut.

I actually love to shovel(now don't all hit me with your shovels) lol

Susan - too late... [smilie=th_aa17] Consider yerself smacked! :lol: :P

Anjoymom - glad you caught that oil drip before any more leaked out. [smilie=th_aa17]

Everyone in the heavy snow's path...hope you can all stay home and be safe and warm.

Melting HL's Eggnog.

Light rain falling here. We may get snow flurries tonight.

I'm melting my last Butter Rum Cappuccino from Cheryl. This one is so fantastic and comforting! I'll definitely order more.

Gail

Evening all, wanted to be more productive today before the storm but I fell into the computer trap!!! I sat down around 11 and before I knew it, it was almost 2 pm!!! What??? Does that ever happen to anyone?

Anywhoo, this late afternoon I am melting SSS's Vanilla Cream..not sure if I like this one or not...this is the first one I am not too thrilled about...her stuff is really good.

Slipit, from Fragrant Memories, I ordered the Pink Banana Pie which smells divine and the Pink Bakery and her Orange Sticky Buns smell fabulous. There are lots more I can't wait to try.

Ok off to make dinner!

All that snow is incredible! Bears have the right idea by hibernating

We had some of the fellas over for some redfish. Right after dinner I needed something strong smelling and masculine.

SSS - Cowgirls & Pearls to the rescue. That doesn't sound masculine but it smells manly. That leather was just the thing to battle the fish odor.

Tonight I'm melting Nutmeg Spice from CFTKR and The Keeping Room from Angie's. Normally I'm a huge fan of The Keeping Room, but for some reason this batch isn't doing it for me - I wonder if she changed the formulation. Nutmeg Spice is lovely though, and super strong/long lasting!