The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

February's Flirty Flames

ilove - There was some talk awhile ago about Haley's palm wax lasting longer. When I placed my October order Janet sent some of my 2oz cups in palm wax and some in paraffin. I prefered the paraffin over the palm wax, but I didn't really have a problem with the palm wax. When I ordered in November I forgot to tell her to send me only paraffin and I got a mixture again. Unfortunately, many of the palm wax scents had no throw. I don't get it either, there just seems to be a lack of consistency in the quality of the product.

Guest ilovescentedthings
ilove - There was some talk awhile ago about Haley's palm wax lasting longer. When I placed my October order Janet sent some of my 2oz cups in palm wax and some in paraffin. I prefered the paraffin over the palm wax, but I didn't really have a problem with the palm wax. When I ordered in November I forgot to tell her to send me only paraffin and I got a mixture again. Unfortunately, many of the palm wax scents had no throw. I don't get it either, there just seems to be a lack of consistency in the quality of the product.

I sent her an email and just told her that I am not getting a throw at all. I've tried all different brands of tea lights as well as electric melters. We shall see what she says. Maybe its a good thing she doesnt offer free shipping anymore,that way I wont be tempted to place an order. I want to like her stuff but palm wax just doesnt cut it and I am left with non smelling tarts. :P

Candlelove - happy b-day to your mom! [smilie=th_foolish1] If she can partaaaay after a session of dialysis, she's pretty remarkable! [smilie=th_lol22]

Melting Nene's New England Bayberry. Nothing wrong w/it, good throw, etc. just not sure if it's for me. A little bit too 'men's cologne-y' for me, I think. I'm too tired to change it, tho [smilie=th_insane] , so it'll stay until tomorrow.

Everyone have a great night! :P

Melting the last of Cheryl's Hot Buttered Rum. This one isn't a fave so I doubt it'll last the evening. I'll probably switch to burning my WoodWick Cider and enjoy the scent, crackle, and flame as I relax the evening away and wait for the rain. Have a very lovely evening, buddies.

Gail

good eve, all. blew out a candle who's wick was getting a bit wild.

added Candledippers Spice cake to the tlight melter. wowwwza, this is strong and Ive got a window cracked. really good though. I'd rather have them singe the nose hairs than no throw at all.

Still awaiting the massive snow...nothing yet. Hope everyone stays safe and warm.

Happy Friday....the week has ended...AHHHH...we had 2 "stomach incidents" in school today... :oops: ...glad the day is over.

Burning GC French Vanilla & Bridgewater Welcome Home

Melting Orange Crumb Cake...so strong I had to turn it off....and still have the CYS tarts going.

I recently received my CBV order and of course got a free scent shot. It's Caramel Latte and I have to say out of my entire order, this free scent shot has been my favorite! Not a huge coffee person although I love the smell and an occasional Starbucks Frappuccino. Love it!

I am finally relaxing tonight. My party for my mom went well tonight. She really enjoyed it.

Ilove-HOT was supposed to reopen awhile ago but so far nothing. I doubt they will.

Susan-My sister and her family were able to come from NJ. They live in northern NJ and the snow hasn't started there yet. It just started snowing here in Staten Island a little while ago. They say that we are going to be the hardest hit in NYC. We will see.

I hope everyone stays safe and warm wherever you are. :oops:

Megan, I melted Caramel latte yesterday and it is awesome. sooo buttery good and to me, smells alot like the caramelized praline.

candlelove, glad your family was able to make it in safe; now to get out of it. lol have a good weekend hunkered down.

I have to say taht I thought I was going to have to blow out the t-light that had the spice cake from Candledippers. wowza! sooo strong but good. the tlight went for 4.5 hours and that melt went strong the entire time. kind of glad the light went out. lol not bad at all for a 1 oz oval cup. very impressed.

I'm thinking some CBV sugared spruce and aqualina blue sugar mini buds are in order for the overnight melt in the BR. love that combo-blue spruce. so relaxing and cleansing.

good night, all.

Good Morning.....

I have one of Carol's chunky votives burning...Apple Cinnamon Torte...pretty good throw for a little votive. Smells like fresh apples with maybe just a hint of cinnamon.

We are planning a little road trip today....picking up a few things at the outlet mall and then meeting up to eat with my inlaws. We'll be gone for most of the day, so no more melting for me today.

Have a great Saturday everyone! AddEmoticons0974.gif

Woke up this morning to over a foot of snow. Looks like a mini blizzard out there. We're expecting anywhere from 6 inches to a foot more of snow today before this Nor'easter ends. It's a good day for burning & melting.

Starting off this morning burning:

Goose Creek - Maple Toddy (full melt pool quickly and smelling good!)

Patriot - Cookie Crunch

Slatklin - Fireside in DS room

Melting:

AMS - Tribal Nights (a fav!)

ScentSationals - Sugar Cookie (1 cube is pretty strong)

Everyone have a GREAT day & stay safe!

I like Haley's tarts and find them to be pretty strong. I only buy the paraffin.

Recent melts...all strong....

Suds and Light blueberry cinnabon

Aromasoy tangy green apple

YC ocean water

GHBT You go girl

The torrential rain has ended, and the sun is coming out! :oops:

good morning, all.

lady, I've been seeing the reports on tv. I have a nephew in Philly and thankfully he is a Mon-Fri work guy. I guess if this had to happen, glad it is on a weekend and lessen the amt. of people that have to get out in it. I just pray the power stays on for everyone in those hard hit areas. we got snow here too. it is a wet heavy snow. Chicken Little here may ask hubby to take her to work tonight.

Sugar&Spice Toasted Marshmallow(very weak)

burning Gold Canyon Black Licorice

Cheryl's verbena in the bath

CBV Fresh Laundry -BR

have a safe weekend, all.

Melting-

LOL-Mixed Berry Crumble

Backroad Hobbies-Blackberry Jam Cookies

CFTKR-Tropical White Musk

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning everyone!

Kept getting up to see if the snow started, and it hasn't started yet. Now they are saying we are going to get only a dusting.....sooo glad!! Good luck to all of you with lots of the white stuff.

I also got my order from Kim's Tarts yesterday. Beautiful packaging, very good cold smell, I'm melting Gain Apple Mango Tango, smells pretty good, I'll know more in a bit.

Jason, glad your back!!! We Missed You!!

Have a great day everyone, and if I don't get back on before tomorrow. HAPPY SUPERBOWL!!!!!

Good morning!

Me too Silly! I was expecting to see a snow covered ground when I woke up but nada...no snow. I actually love a good snowstorm so I'm a little disappointed.

This moring I have 2 tarts melting away...

Loganberry & Sage and Cherry Pie.

In the kitchen I have a Jack Frost candle burning away.

Good morning all. I have decided I am tired of white!!!

This morning

LR...Mrs Claus Cookies from Haley's still going from last night. Added a candle from Camp Candles in Toasted Hazelnut and they are blending nicely.

Comp....Busy Bee's Pumpkin Souffle...top notch as always

Bath...small Slatkin Candle in Sandalwood Vanilla.

Stay safe and warm, those of you in the storms way.