The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

Barbita, thanks for the head's up on the basil sage mint. I'm feeling a Nene's order coming on soon and will add that and Balinese Cascade that was also suggested here.

LLVV, I've had one past odd smell from a bag of Christmas crunch or something like that and it reaked of bananas, which I am not fond of the smell if it is a predominant one in tarts. I went back to the scent description and no where was a banana to be had in that one. I wonder sometimes if wax gets 'tainted' with another scent? I'm trying to get a watermelon out of a banana and can't figure that one out. hmmm.

Barbita, thanks for the head's up on the basil sage mint. I'm feeling a Nene's order coming on soon and will add that and Balinese Cascade that was also suggested here.

LLVV, I've had one past odd smell from a bag of Christmas crunch or something like that and it reaked of bananas, which I am not fond of the smell if it is a predominant one in tarts. I went back to the scent description and no where was a banana to be had in that one. I wonder sometimes if wax gets 'tainted' with another scent? I'm trying to get a watermelon out of a banana and can't figure that one out. hmmm.

Cute Kitty!!!!!!!!!!

In the midst of my domestic goddess duties, I have a large 2 wick YC Buttercream jar burning....be back later!

Just plunked my new BBW Caribbean Escape candle on a warmer in the bath. This is a day I could use a Caribbean Escape with a winter storm bearing down on us. Supposed to be colder here than it has been in a decade or more. Sigh ....

I may change my watermelon tart to Christmas Cookie but it is still smelling so good I may not.

thanks, Barbita. that is my cat, "Kissy". I've had her since 4/01; she was a re-home. she got her name from a little Norwegian girl that fell in love with her. She's always been so docile and demure; a very prim little lady.

Trep, hope you are able to hunker down with some good smellies and lots of eats. Stay safe. expecting some here too.

CFTKR sugared spruce and Slatkin candle on the melter in the BR

lit my GC Licorice candle. wowza. sooo good, so strong that i am almost thinking I'll have to blow it out; almost has a full melt pool but not quite yet. Love it. pure licorice.

It's been 4 hours since I started melting Nene's Basil Sage Mint, and still scenting my entire downstairs. Not "in your face" just very pleasant. [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

Hey everyone, hope your all having a good day.

Hey LLVV, did you see the paper, the mega millions winner is from our town. Actually one of the daughters is in DD's class. $165 million, crazy huh?

Hey everyone, hope your all having a good day.

Hey LLVV, did you see the paper, the mega millions winner is from our town. Actually one of the daughters is in DD's class. $165 million, crazy huh?

Wow, think of all the wax they could buy!_money__by_Snowstorm_13.gif

LOL Barb....yep, we could all do some serious damage with that kind of loot! Wax Heaven! My FIL has fantasies about winning the lottery, although in his case, I'm sure they don't involve buying obscene amounts of wax! [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

Finished all my cleaning and now am relaxing and enjoying Bella's Primitive Cupboards...such a strong scent and soooo good!

I think this evening I will pick out one of my new YC spring tarts to melt....but which one? [smilie=th_blij31-1] Maybe I'll just close my eyes and pull one at random....

Does anyone else have a kitty who snores? Mine does and I can't help it, but it sounds so cute!

[smilie=th_clap1]

LOL Barb....yep, we could all do some serious damage with that kind of loot! Wax Heaven! My FIL has fantasies about winning the lottery, although in his case, I'm sure they don't involve buying obscene amounts of wax! [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

Finished all my cleaning and now am relaxing and enjoying Bella's Primitive Cupboards...such a strong scent and soooo good!

I think this evening I will pick out one of my new YC spring tarts to melt....but which one? [smilie=th_blij31-1] Maybe I'll just close my eyes and pull one at random....

Does anyone else have a kitty who snores? Mine does and I can't help it, but it sounds so cute!

[smilie=th_clap1]

mine doesn't snore, but I have some dogs that do.

wow, that is a scary amt. of money, truly. I'd be afraid of all that.you really have to try to stay grounded. but...you could buy that candle with the diamond pendant and not blink twice. LOL

switched out the bathroom melter to CFTKR-Sutra's passion. wow, sooo lovely. one of her new ones, I think.

went outside with the pooches and when I came in, it smelled so good; that licorice and fresh balsam, I'm going to keep them for now.

Hi again everyone. I've been gone most of the morning but I'm re-starting that wonderful Busy Bee's Honey Ginger melt. Yum!

I have a friend (okay, "had" as we've lost touch over the past ten years) who won ten million in the California lottery. She went through Hades and back that first year. Long, horrid, rather shocking story about how everybody in her life wanting her moolah. She eventually got her life back but she said if she had it to do over again, she'd never want to win. Hard to imagine, I know, but there it is, straight from the horse's mouth. [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

Eew, Trep, I hope you're able to stay warm and cozy!

My Hobbit snores. I love the soft snuffly sounds he makes. So sweet and comforting. Completely different from the trumpeting DH. [smilie=th_blij31-1]

Gail

Olive - I'm hooked on Gingerbread Latte, too. [smilie=th_blij31-1] Nene's also makes a smellylicious one.

There U are Jules! [smilie=th_LA839B1117] Sounds like U had a terrific vacay. Any vacation that includes snow is a good one. [smilie=th_clap1]

Melting CrossCreek's Festival of Lights.

My black long hair kitty Shags snores. It's a cute little girl snore, but she also hisses and that sounds totally snakey...

My package from Carol came so I am melting Thieves. This smells really clean and refreshing. I realized it's the essential oil that my Massage guy carries at his shop. This oil is suppose to ward off bacteria and disease. He also uses this in a diffuser in his shop. I hope everyone is having a good evening. We signed DS up to college today and it starts Monday.

I had a lot of errands to do today and went for a manicure and pedicure. I am just sitting down to relax.

I just started melting CCCC Gingerbread Sugar Cookies, LOL Warm & Creamy and LOL Oatmeal Scotchies.

In early March my friend, DD and myself will be going to visit her DD who goes to the University of Scranton. We are going to visit LOL Candles which is right there. That should be fun.

Jules-I am glad you enjoyed your vacation. Everybody sounds like they had such good smellies going today. I am going to light some candles too. In winter I enjoy the coziness of candles. I will burn CBV The Porridge Pot, YC Buttercream and I will try YC Mrs. Claus Cookies. It is almost at the bottom but has been burning outself out on the last few burns. I hope I have better luck this time.

Gail...."trumpeting DH" [smilie=th_LA839B1117] I have one of those too! It drives me bonkers! And it's not cute at all. Somehow it's a whole 'nother story with the furry four legged creatures!

Melting LOL

Honey Gingerbread again in the K...I just love this one!! Should have gotten more!

Carmelized Pear Tartlette in the LR...just started but smelling nice already.

I just finished taking the decorations down. The house always looks strange to me after I take them down.

I'm melting Haley's Country BumpkinCountry_Hoedown_Fiddle_by_Momma__G.gifand relaxing. Have a good night everyone.

It's snowing like crazy out, so I got in the mood for YC Sparkling Snow. I have the two-wick, medium tumbler burning downstairs and a tart in the same scent going upstairs. The kids walked in from school earlier and immediately remarked about how fresh it smells inside.

This evening it's Carol's Sugared Spruce. Always dependable, always nice. Okay, I'll tell the real story. IT'S ONE OF MY BIGGEST FAVES EVER! :lol: I wonder, is there anybody on the board that doesn't like Sugared Spruce, from any vendor? It seems so popular around here.

Katz, that's interesting about Thieves. I'm off to do some research on it. [smilie=th_aa17] Shags sounds adorable. Cute name too!

Oooo, Candlelove, how fun for you to visit LOL in person! You know we'll all be 'spectin' a full report when you get back so's we can live vicariously. :lol:

Maggie, the snoring DH's are definitely not cute! Mine has actually been known to clear out an entire campground. Okay, it was a pretty small campground, but STILL! Whenever he does this [smilie=th_idontknow] others do this [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_flucht]

Gail

everyone's emoticons are so cute and had me laughing. I loved the country bumpkin fiddle playing fella, and that creeping away from the snorer is a hoot!

finally changed out the LR melter to Carol's sticky toffee pudding, and burning GC Sweet Cinnabuns.

relit Sutra's passion in the bath(yummo),

still have the last of Slatkin fresh balsam candle on a warmer in the bedroom, as well as Carol's blue sugar. I love blue sugar and hers is yum.

Gail, I love Carol's sugared spruce and I too love that scent in general. I've actually not had a bad one from any vendor.

have a good eve all.

Snoring...did someone say snoring DH's??? Mine drives me nuts. I try to fall asleep before him so I can fall alseep. If I hear him snoring I can't fall asleep. I end up kicking him until I fall asleep or when I'm absolutely desperate at 3 am I ask him to go sleep in the guest room. I'd rather have another bed to change in the morning than to not sleep at all.

Barbita - I feel the same way too. Christmas decorations make the house feel so warm and cozy. As soon as them come down I get depressed. No more shining lights or warm and fuzzy feelings. Just back to the hum drum of everyday life.

Tonight I'm melting the fabulous Blueberry Torte from Carol. I'm still burning Egg Nog and Winterland. I think my Egg Nog candle has another day or two to go.

I broke down and bought Golden Spiced Pear, Midnight Cove (don't like the scent but the candle is gorgeous), and Lakeside Birch.