The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Cheat sheet for CF buddies

Hi all ~

I know we have introduced ourselves, but it has been awhile since many of us joined. My lil' brain is trying to keep everyone straight, but is failing miserably! :) Could you humor me by posting your basic info again? Thanks!

for instance -

Name: Debra

Home: Oregon

Kids: Yes - 2 boys just out of college

Pets: 2 dogs, 2 very expensive cats (!)

Scents: No coffee, No chocolate

When not sniffing candles/melts: Being a nurse and gardening

Name: Susan

Home: VA

Pets: 1 cat named Katie

I work for a caregiving company, and enjoy work with the older people. I'm in my late 30's. I am a widow, and have no kids. I love to read, and melt tarts, and burn candles. :)

Name: Michelle

Home: N. Las Vegas

Kids: a son, 13 and a daughter, 10, going on 18!

Scents: mostly bakery and fruity, no strong florals or chocolate

Hobbies: tarts, of course :) scrapbooking and reading

I've been a stay at home mom for the past 13 years, but just last week I got a part time job at Bath & Body Works.

I joined not to long ago, but I didn't give any statistics

Name: Hillary

Home: Pennsylvania

Kids: One awesome 4 year old girl

Pets:2 dogs (Skippy and Rufus), 1 kitten (Buttescotch)

Scents: I like strong and yummy. Nothing too overly soapy. No strong cherry

When not sniffing candles/melts: I dye yarn, walk dogs, scoop litter and play ring around the rosy

Here's mine:

Name: Tiffany

Home: Arizona

Kids: Yes - 3 boys: 10, 6, & 2.

Pets: Just tropical fish. Someday we'd love to get a doggie again.

Scents: Florals, "Clean" smelling scents, and bakery ones

Hobbies: I love to scrapbook, although I haven't done much of anything since our 3rd was born. Would love to get back into it soon. (I think about it everyday, does that count?) I also love to read, exercise, and relax, (once the house is cleaned up...), I also love American Idol every year (Yay David Cook!!)

I'm new here, so here goes:

Name: Linda

Home: New York

Kids: 1 girl 13

Pets: Nope

Scents: Florals, Fruits, Clean, Beach Smells, nothing too sweet, absolutely NO VANILLA!!!!!

Hobbie: Reading, Shopping, Traveling, and now I know that candles are a hobby too!

I am an office manger and work part time

Maureen

Long Island, New York

Married 24 years

2 sons ages 17 & 12

1 Pet-Russian Blue Mix Cat named "blue" and a few fish.

Teachers Aide in a public school library

Favorite Scents- anything but patchouli type or laundry detergent types and nothing too floral. HATE chocolate scented melts....ew. Love the candy though.

Love Vanilla's,fruits and bakery.

Hobbies-reading,shopping,crochet,chatting with my friends. Finding the perfect candle.

No scrapbooking for me, ugh..........no way. I still have pictures in envelopes.

Love American Idol too! I am was so excited when David Cook won!!!!!!!

Name: Doris

Home: New Jersey

Married 30 years to another candle lover

Kids: 3 boys, ages 28, 25, and 18, the eldest 2 out of college and both engaged to be married August 08 and June 09. One girl, age 16.

Pets: 2 dogs, Quinn, American Eskimo, age 14 and diabetic, and Wagner, big shaggy dog mix, age 7.

Scents: Marshmallow blends, bakery and most anything with vanilla. Love chocolate to eat, hate it in a tart.

Hobbies: Used to love hiking until diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease last year - hoping to be able to get back to it eventually on a smaller scale. Also love going to school! Currently working on a 2nd Masters.

Work: I love my work - Registered Nurse working as an elder abuse investigator for the State of NJ Public Advocate - also a therapist part-time.

Name - Eileen

From - Springfield, Missouri

Married 55 years

Kids - 6, two boys and four girls who have blessed us with 7 grandchildren and one great grandson.

Pets - 2 cats, Samson and Morris

Scents - I love the earthy scents and really like all the different scents, least favorite being fresh and clean.

Hobbies - collecting and melting tarts, collecting and using B&B products, listening to music, playing on my computer and sleeping. :oops:

Maureen

Long Island, New York

Married 24 years

2 sons ages 17 & 12

1 Pet-Russian Blue Mix Cat named "blue" and a few fish.

Teachers Aide in a public school library

Favorite Scents- anything but patchouli type or laundry detergent types and nothing too floral. HATE chocolate scented melts....ew. Love the candy though.

Love Vanilla's,fruits and bakery. Where on Long Island Maurie? I'm in Miller Place!

Hobbies-reading,shopping,crochet,chatting with my friends. Finding the perfect candle.

No scrapbooking for me, ugh..........no way. I still have pictures in envelopes.

Love American Idol too! I am was so excited when David Cook won!!!!!!!

My name is Julie

I live in Florida

I am married. (13 years)

I have two imaginative boys.

I have one very spiteful cat. (who loves only me)

I am a homemaker.

I love movies, indie rock music, reading, RV camping. exploring state parks.

I'm a big fan of Flight of the Conchords, Curb your Enthusiasm and The Office. and Lost.

I still miss the original the Office w/ Ricky Gervais and Arrested Development, and Extras.

I used to dislike chocolate scents but now I love them.

I don't like the scents Papaya, Fig, and especially yucky Mango. (it seems to be in everything this summer too)

I like most other candle scents.

I love the break of dawn, thunderstorms, dark grey cloudy days, and the color cerulean blue.

Christmas is my favorite holiday. Thanksgiving is my least favorite.

I hate touching sticky things.

I love this forum.

Guest Anonymous

Name: Jennifer

Home: Phoenix, AZ

Kids: 1 son (12 and starting middle school) and 1 daughter (6 starting first grade)

Pets: Only a beta fish left for now

Scents: Love earthy, nature scents - clean - some fruit/citrus - florals (wildflower types), any fall type scents food or otherwise are my absolute FAVORITE, but only in the fall. I pick scents strictly by season.

When not sniffing candles/melts (which would only be when I'm sleeping, which isn't often): I work from home as a medical editor and transcriptionist, also sell natural skin care part time and am otherwise a full time homemaker.

Other interests include working out and I'm a huge health nut. I'm very into naturals and organics both whole foods and environmentally speaking. I have maintained a 68 pound weight loss for just over 2 years now (Weight Watchers) and have interviewed to become a receptionist, possibly a leader someday for them!

Name Nancy

Home Bolivar, MO

Married 33 yrs

Children son age 31

Pets 1 cat named Samson

I enjoy reading and visiting with friends.

Scents I love--most florals, fruits and cookie scents, anything Pink Sugar

Scents I hate--anything coffee, caramel, fresh or green. No spicey ones or most lavenders either.

Guest Anonymous

Name: Rochelle

Home: Denver, CO

Married: 1 & 1/2 Years to a wondful man

Children: 1 very special Stepson 7 years old

Pets: A spoiled pug named Tuffie and a new kitty named Puma (also very spoiled)

Scents: My new favorites include any combination of Orange/Chili Pepper, Clean Scents, Watermelon, Banana/Coconut combinations

Hobbies: I enjoy camping, hiking & reading with what little free time I have

Career: Pharmacist

Name: Shannon

Home: Vancouver, WA

Kids: 1 daughter, age 13

Pets: Nope!

Scents: Prefer fruity, complex, clean, earthy, scents with some bakery and even a little chocolate (new development). Dislikes? Most coffee scents, some floral and most perfumes.

Hobbies: Reading books, hiking/exploring, making my house smell good (includes cleaning!), some creative writing, photography, Candlefind.

Name: Heidi

Home: North Carolina

Married: almost 14 years (anniversary on June 25th)

Kids: Abby (12), Cole (9), Gage (5), and Seth (3)

Pets: 2 crazy cats, Jack and Ally (almost 3 years old), and our new lab puppy, Otis (7 weeks)

Scents: I like pretty much every scent, but I guess my favorites are pink sugar, lavender, and anything pumpkin

Hobbies: Well, besides tarts....I love to read, sew, and knit when I have the time

Work: I am a homemaker/homeschooling mom and wouldn't have it any other way!

Name: Cindy

Home: NC ( east of Asheville)

Married: to the most wonderful man in the world, for forever [smilie=th_Drglar]

Kids: Zac 16, Kaitlin 15, Jarrod 10 and Mallory 6

Pet: No, kids are so allergic!

Hobbies: candles and tarts, shopping, picnics with my kids, cheering my kids on at all their ballgames, and chatting with my friends on the computer!!

Scents: I love them all..but right now my favs are fruity ones, love the pumpkin and spicy ones in the Fall, and I love clean scents anytime. The stronger the better!!

Work: I work as an assistant to Pre-K and after school director at my kids school..love being were they are!!

Maurie, I am out by you at least once every 2 weeks to go to the outlets LOL, email me, we'll chat. Fab4jlg@aol.com

Linda

My name is Dale and I am a scent addict!

Home: Georgia

Kids: 1 girl - age 12 going on 21 and 1 boy, age 8 (sweeeettttt!!!)

Pets: 2 dogs, Mr. P'body and Sophie Belle and 1 cat, Lulu

Scents: Fresh scents and Woodsy scents are my favorites

Name: Lisa

Home: Connecticut

Married: 14 years this year

Kids: a daughter, age 12 and a son, age 10

Pets: now down to one 5 year old cat named Emmie (used to have 3)

Work: Full-time during the day as a grant writer for a local school district, then second shift at night as homemaker/wife/mom... :lol:

Scents: love just about anything except for coffee, florals and almost all perfume types. (I do like PInk Sugar.) Particular scent faves are anything related to fall, bakery and fruits. Like Jennifer I'm a seasonal melter too!

Hobbies/Interests: Exercise, reading, history, travel, candles and bath & body stuff, decorating, music, family, the beach!

Favorite Holidays: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween

Name: dale

Home: GA

Married: 10 years

Kids: a daughter, age 12 and a son, age 8

Pets: Cat named LuLu, dog named Mr. Pbody, Dog named Sophie BElle

Work: Full-time during the day making crop loans

Scents:fresh, woodsy, unique