The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

Recommendation for any funnel cake/carnival type scents?

Does anyone know of a good place to get a good funnel cake scent? Or a carnival type (funnel cake, cotton candy, candy apples, etc) scent? The only one I have found I liked is from Grumpy Girl. The scent is called freak show and is a blend of strawberry cotton candy and funnel cake. It's the best but I do want a little more variety than just one scent in this family. I have tried crosscreek's funnel cake and it has a sharp almond note to it. I also liked Dark Candles Dark Carnival but the scent throw was very, very weak and isn't worth repurchasing when there are so many other good vendors out there.

Hi Leah. I'm think that CYS would be a great place to start your search. They are one of my favorite venders because they have some very complex and interesting scents. She has a variety of cotton candy blends (pineapple, blue raspberry, coocnut, triple raspberry, etc...) along with a straight cotton candy. She also carries a cinnamon apple funnel cake and some caramel apple scents. And then there were these two scents that caught my eye:

State fair delights: All the best of walking down the midway at the State Fair: Lemon Shake-up (Extra sweet lemonade), with funnel cakes and cotton candy

Flying Elephants (CYS Exclusive) – Circus peanuts, marshmallows and sweet cotton candy

HTH!

Both of those sound incredibly yummy! CYS is on my list of vendors to try, but I heard their throw isn't as strong as others. How has CYS worked out for you?

Crosscreek has some good ones too-

She has Twinkies-straight up and true to its name

Pink Sugar Rush-which is pink sugar and funnel cakes blended-great if you like that.

She'll be closed through January 1, but you can still view her scent list and see if anything grabs you.

I looove crosscreek!! I have found that I don't particulary care for pink sugar blends on cold sniff even though it has all the notes I usually love. I will try melting one.

I've had great luck with CYS so far. I've only tried about a dozen or so scents, but I've loved everything that I've melted and have plenty left to try. They've lasted about two tealights for me and probably could have gone longer. The ones that I've tried have been pretty strong (to me), but I don't have high ceilings or exceptionally large rooms or anything like that. CCCC is another one of my favorite vendors, so either way, I think you're in good hands. :P

I looove crosscreek!! I have found that I don't particulary care for pink sugar blends on cold sniff even though it has all the notes I usually love. I will try melting one.

Let me know what you think after you melt a blend. It is strange that the cold sniff can be so different than the hot throw-I have had times that I thought I didn't like a melt and put it off a million years. Then, with dread-put it on-to find that I absolutely loved it. Hopefully, that will be the case for you.

cat, that is so true. the first thing that comes to mind for me is Lessie's Haunted House. I was so squeemish about putting it on the first time but had ordered it based on all the raves over it. I was curious to find out what it was all about. Boy, am I glad I did.

I still haven't gotten up the courage yet to melt cowgirls and pearls from SSS though. lol

I am melting pink nilla sugar from Crosscreek as we speak. It smells a lot like it did on cold sniff, but I kind of like it. I just got my scentsy melter and that's what I'm melting it in. It puts out nowhere near the amount as my yankee tealight melter. Is this normal?

I am melting pink nilla sugar from Crosscreek as we speak. It smells a lot like it did on cold sniff, but I kind of like it. I just got my scentsy melter and that's what I'm melting it in. It puts out nowhere near the amount as my yankee tealight melter. Is this normal?