The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

opinions,who would you go with

The only one of these that I have tried is CYS.

They have done great in my electric warmer.

Scents that I have tried so far : Tahitian Berry Cake - Fruity bakery - great

Apple CIder Donuts - another great fall bakery scent

Buttery GIngerbread - Good

Chai Cram Cake - more bakery than Chai, but good (can you tell I love the bakery scents!)

That all I have tried so far, I have only placed one order from them, but I would order again.

Debbie

ilove~ OH my goodness....it's like your asking which child I like best...LOL!!!

Here goes my little bit of nonsense...

CYS: One of my all time favorite companies because...the scents are mixed to perfection. They are smooth with no jarring individual scent that stands out.. which I like. The fragrance list is extensive and I have had only 1 scent I did not like out of about 100 that I've tried. This company is the bane of my addiction. The throws range from moderate to strong. Mostly they last about 3-4 hours for me in a 24 w electric. I know that is not long, but I am so taken with the scent selection that I am ok with that.

SH: Love this company as well because she has some highly fragranced scents that I need to have in the house at all times. (ie. Sin-o-min Sugar Cake, Spider Cider & Deadly Donuts...etc) Now, there have been a few that I did not like at all so I am not as eager to blindly pick scents like I will at CYS. But...I have gotten 2 full days out of scent from SH on a 24w electric.

Not sure which CD you mean so I'll say:

Can-Do: Love Donna's Stuff! All Around Winner! The scents are strong and solid. She doesn't usually mix 10 different scents together like the above, but her fragrances are true and quite addicting. In the past my only problem was the hardness of her tarts, but with the 24 w electric...no problems. You are pretty safe with blind picks and again I have not been disappointed with many scents and I've been ordering for YEARS. In my experience, her scents last about 6 hours...easily.

HTH...

I've only tried CYS, they are a recent order, and I can say that although the scents are very nice, if you like a huge throw, in my opinion, thats not your vendor.

Can-Do has been one of my favorites since I started melting. Donna's product is always the same in strength and throw for me. Her customer service is top notch as well. I only wish she had more sales, they are very few and far between, but I still order, she is definitely in my top 3 vendors.

Guest ilovescentedthings

I forgot we have can do that has the same initials.lol Umm I was referring to candle dippers,as I have tried Donna's tarts and love them.

Debbie-I think I will have to place my order with cys before the end of the year. Do you need to let her stuff cure?

Maggie-Thank you for your input. I think your opion just seals the deal for me.

Its too late to purchase SH as her sale is over. I was just too chicken to actually submit. Should have would have done so. Oh well,next time I guess. Which ones did you not like from SH? I had on my list to try Sin-o-min Sugar and spider cider.

I just got my CYS order about 3 weeks ago and I have used some of the tarts already without any curing time and they were great. Great throw and the scents I have tried were great. I don't know if they will get any stronger letting them cure as they were just fine for me right away.

Debbie

Guest ilovescentedthings
I just got my CYS order about 3 weeks ago and I have used some of the tarts already without any curing time and they were great. Great throw and the scents I have tried were great. I don't know if they will get any stronger letting them cure as they were just fine for me right away.

Debbie

Thank you Debbie. Oooh can't wait to try them out... hehehe

I like CYS for foody, bakery scents and blends with pink sugar, blue sugar, and VBN.

I like CD for fresh, florals and fruity scents. earthy

I like SH for longer lasting paraffin wax. bakery and fruity scents

I totally agree with Jules! [smilie=th_ahaaha]

I Which ones did you not like from SH? I had on my list to try Sin-o-min Sugar and spider cider.

Since everyone has such different tastes, it's a hard question to answer but so far I did not like:

Butter Cake - I know this one is a BIG seller but it really smells like butter and I am not a fan.

Coconut Cabana - weird underlying scent

Mandarin Coconut - too many scents in this one...I prefer just mandarin and coconut.

Cinnamon Toast - Too much spicy cinnamon for me.

Vanilla Bean Noel Cookies - I just prefer VBN mixed with other things.

Most of the ones I did not like were from clearance scents and I think they were testers that did not make it into the regular listing.

This is a vendor that I am going to stockpile from in the New Year. My LIKES list is very long.

You know...I love them all...all of the ones mentioned..they all offer something different..and I really think they each one have great qualities!! Hard to decide, but I don't think you will go wrong no matter which direction you choose!!

I adore NeNe's Sweet Snow Pine also..just ordered a bunch..can't wait!!!

Good luck :lol:

I know this isn't one of the ones you mentioned, but have you condisdered Crosscreek? Deana is SUPER nice and has really fast TAT with a huge selection of scents. All of the ones I ordered from her are amazing and extremely strong. i would recommend using an electric burner or split the tarts in half for a tealight burner - they are that strong. Some of my favorites are - peppermint bark, monster munch, tricky treats, seven layer bars, and pink sugar cake. She has the strongest throw out of any of the companies I have tried so far.

I agree with Sharon and Cisley - I wouldn't cross Nene's off your list entirely. You might later try a small order from her. In my house, her small tarts really pack a punch. BUT let me say that I have never gotten a day or a day and a half out of any tart. I use electric melters though and have learned from others that tarts melted with electric may not last as long and I am okay with that. I have not tried CYS, but I also like SH and CanDo but neither of these last all day in my house either. I have also learned that not all sniffers are the same. There are two vendors that members rave about but in my house, I get completely nothing. It doesn't mean that those vendors have "poor quality", it just means that for whatever reason, in my house, their product just does not work as well as it might in your house. Crosscreek also is a favorite of mine. I have learned the hard way that it is best to just start out with small orders when ordering from a new vendor. No mattter which one you choose, I hope you will enjoy your order.

I agree with toberetired. You need to try small amounts in scents from a number of vendors and from their you can narrow it down to who you like. Some of the vendors that get rave reviews from other forum members just don't work for me either. Maybe it's my house, maybe it's their product. Doesn't matter and you won't know what works for you unless you try.

I now have 5-6 vendors that I will deal with so I am fine with that and not looking to try any new ones.

Cisley

I agree as well. I was hesitant to purchase from Nene's and just decided one day to give her a try. I am so glad I did! I love many of Nene's scents. Her scents are authentic and I have found that they throw very well. For me the longevity of her scents generally range from 4 - 5 hrs. in my electric melters, which works for me. Her small tart cups pack quite a punch in my house as well, and I have high ceilings.

Like Cisley, I also placed a huge order with Nene's in November. A friend of mine gave me a Nene's gift certificate for Christmas because I'm always raving about her melts and I can't wait to place another order. Since I joined the forum I have tried many, many vendors and Nene's has made it to the top of my go to vendors' list.

I have to agree with you ladies. Nene's is on the top of my list. I have had some of her tarts last for 6 hours. I have a large home and have been very happy with her product.

I really do not like to bash any vendors tarts. We all have different noses, air currants in our homes, and different sized houses. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Guest ilovescentedthings

I am awaiting a good sale from her in order to buy. That is my rule for this next year too. Must have a good sale in order to purchase from... So nene's when you have a sale I will be waiting with my list in hands