The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

right now I'm melting firewood from Carol. I got this as a freebie. the cold sniff is wonderful. I'm just stunned because usually her stuff is in the warmer for less than 5 minutes and is throwing like crazy but I'm just starting to get a subtle whiff here and there. I was going to order this too. beautiful and unique and would be good in any room.

Tunisianswife - I've shied away from trying that scent cuz I thought it might just smell like something was burning. :P But, it doesn't? Does it smell like wood...or....?....how is it different than a burning smell? :)

This morning I melted Nene's Sweet Candied Pumpkin (yum!) and have now moved on to

Busy B's Honey Ginger (double yum!)

Have a great weekend everyone..... [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20waving]

Happy Saturday!

I'm melting LOL's Broomsticks & Pumpkins. I like the fragrance but it's not very strong. I'm having a hard time picking out the different elements and the scent description only says, "You'll catch her flying on her broomstick on dark & mysterious full moon nights as she harvests her pumpkins." Soooooo, does anybody know what a witch on a broomstick during a full moon smells like? :) Cuz I sure don't. :P

Gail

Olive, so glad you're enjoying your new yankee warmer. something about a new 'toy' that is so nice.

Gail, I've never sniffed a broom-riding witch. hmmm. lol all I can think of is mist and night air(maybe with a little bit of guano) no! no! haha

Sweet-the scent throw has increased but what I like is that it is not an overpowering scent. while I was ironing, I tried to think of what I smelled in it or how I would describe it. I don't smell wood burning, as a matter of fact there is no burning smell at all. It would fall under an earthy scent. the only thing that was coming to mind was a faint(and I mean very faint) similar aroma to the incense burned at church. so maybe frankenscence and myrrh(sp)?? just a tad maybe? It's now mingling with the sweet snow pine of Nene's that I've got going in the bedroom, which is actually a very nice combo. lol

Recent melts:

GHBT You go girl (doubled up...moderate)

YC autumn wreath (weak)

YC orchard pear (weak)

YC rhubarb plum (strong and a favorite)

Can-Do sugar bean (really strong and yummy)

Hi! pinkglassesf.gif

Taking a break...been "fall" cleaning the kitchen. Seems spring and summer just passed me right on by so........................

Melting Nene's Twigs and Berries and Cranberry Balsam in the kitchen...very nice, but light.

Still got CCCC Coconut Milk and Lavender going in the BR. It's kinda starting to poop out, so I need to replace it.

Melting my most favoritest Little Black Dress from Pure Scents in the LR. loveshower.gif I'm getting low on this one, and I could just kick myself for not ordering another bag when I ordered my Christmas stuff.2mo5pow.gif

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

It's almost DANCIN216.gif

tunisianswife

I looove Coconut Milk and Lavender, so wonderfull for the bedroom.

The best one I had was from CFTKR, strong and long lasting.

I had Coconut Milk and Lavender going in my bedroom today. spooky. It was good...from Can-do.

eta:

Mom visited today. I sent her home with my 24 watt combo and, ahem, some melts. Now I'm back to tealight melters on the kitchen for now. Well worth it.

Started HoT - Christmas Wish this afternoon.

Hi all you scent lovers! :P Sharonana, your emoticons are fabuloso! :)

My strong scent combos for this afternoon...

Area One:

Can-Do ~ Cinnamon Sugar

LOL ~ Cinnamon Red Hots

Area Two:

Can-Do ~ Aspen Winter, Spiced Pine, and Snowstorm

Area Three:

LOL ~ Toasted Cherry Almond

Missy's Tempting Tarts ~ Pink Sugar Cherry

CCCC ~ Pink Crush

No Label Cup ~ Cherry Bomb

Area Four:

CYS ~ Ruby Red Grapefruit

Can-Do ~ Twinkle Toes

There are other scents I'm enjoying, but I didn't want my post to be too long. Candles, tarts, and oils from others like NeNe's, AMS, Slatkin, and CD. :oops:

Guest ilovescentedthings
evening, all. I love coming here and reading about everyone's daily activities, as well as what's melting/burning, of course. some great scents.

I was a slug today. I schlepped all day long. first rainy day we have had in ages; that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I am not a movie type person but i watched a movie on HBO based on real life events. what the Lord made or something to that affect. very very good!

I started out melting buttercream frosting type but honestly, it smelled just like rancid butter or parmesan cheese! there was not one iota of sweet in it at all. It had to go, along with the entire bag of it. I thought on cold sniff that it was smelling like cheese but gave it a try. and it was a strooong throw too. oh gosh, just thinking of it...blah.

now melting Carol's blueberry vanilla bomb. I love this one; all of her blueberries, in fact.

have a good eve, all. I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee with sugar free french vanilla. yeah, me who hates flavored creamers. see? another thing you folks turned me onto. I don't care for this though; it's international delight but I can't keep buying them full sugar and fat. lol

the buttercream thing happend to me too with the haley's buttercream. We all thought the same thing.. ughh it really smelled like barf(strong cheese etc).

ilove, isn't that strange? I love Nene's buttercream anything, she does great buttercreams. I also like Can-do and CCCC. but this one was not in that good category. there was no sweet, and just like you say-barfy. LOL

sharon-your house must be spic and span, huh? It's always so nice to do that seasonal cleaning. I do the 'big one' in the spring, and then in the fall I just do the windows and screens again, and straighten out the closets and cupboards.

Heart-you've been one big melter. you go girl! Those are some great combinations. I'm not very creative in that dept.

Jules, I bet your mom feels like she now has a new toy. I am looking @more electrics. I just like not having to replace t lights.

went to sleep this afternoon with Nene's sweet snow pine. aah, this is heavenly. had a moderate scent throw and wasn't in your face. Firewood was still putting off a very nice subtle scent when I woke up. Have had that going since this am.

GG Naughty pilgrim before I go to work and sit here w/a cup of coffee.

have a good eve, all.

Whew! I forgot how much work it is putting out all the decorations, but it's sure worth it. The entire downstairs is clean and it looks so nice with all the Christmas stuff out. We're getting ready to do the tree and then we'll be done and can sit back and watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. To go along with the festive atmosphere, I am melting all Christmas scents. Poinsettia Pine, Spruceberry, Winter Wonderland and Holiday Kiss, all from Scentsy.

I also cleaned today - after the mega shopping trip at the grocery store. Whew!

Tonight is Woodland Orange Spice from Sage Grove - I forget how much I like this one!

Acorn Harvest from House of Soy

mpfand - your house sounds like it looks and smells like a Hallmark moment. :roll: Enjoy the evening w/your family.

Heart :cry: So glad to see you posting! You always have fantastic scents going...we need to hear from U more often (hint.... :lol: ).

Tunisianswife - thank U for the scent review! :P I'll have to ask Carol for a sample of that w/my next order.

Ending the evening with Nene's Hot Buttered Cinnamon.

[smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare]

Tonight I have one candle burning...Colonial Golden Pear

I don't know if I'm getting lazy lately or what, but I am totally loving candles again more and more. Tarts just seem like a lot of work to me all of the sudden, with the icing of the melters, cleaning, checking tealights,going through the stash to find something I am in the mood for, blah, blah, blah. Could I be nearing the end of my love affair with tarts???

Hello! We didn't spend much time at home today so I have some catching up to do online.

Melts for tonight -

CFTKR - Buttercream (eh, so-so...she has other buttercream scents that are much better than this one).

YC - Sparkling Snow...nice. I may pick up a small jar of this one.

Candles -

YC - Cranberry Chutney and Napa Valley Harvest.

Hello everyone. I'm melting Moonlight Harvest (YC) in my new Smashed Mosaic tartwarmer (also YC). I like the scent but the throw is not strong. I am much more impressed with the tartwarmer. It is just beautiful.

Olive, I'm shocked that you don't find Moonlight Harvest strong. The tart nearly chased me out of the room on the several times I've melted it. And the large jar is one of the strongest YC jars I've ever had. Perhaps you got a dud?

Tonight, I'm just burning my new YC Nutcracker candle. It smells nice, but I wouldn't describe it as strong. It's the same scent as Welcome Christmas...pine, berries, and citrus.

good morning, all. MPfand, wow what a fun evening. nice tradition. and smart thinking to get all that done before you go away for the holiday. I too like a clean house before vacation. bad enough to have to get back in the 'groove' of things after a getaway but don't want to come home to a messy house.

Aria, say it ain't so! LOL I ordered candles from CBV cuz I've so gotten away from candles. sometimes the hardest part about melts is knowing what I'm in the mood for.

have a good day, all.

oh yeah, remelting GG naughty pilgrim that was only on for an hour before work last night, and agave sugar from CFTKR in the bath.

Good Sunday morning! I actually have a melter going this morning! :P

Candle Haven melt - Warm & Cozy - love this scent, very spicy and warm...can't believe I found three of these in my stash...I thought I had melted all of my CH tarts....I miss Lessie's tarts! :cry:

CFTKR chunky square votive - Pecan Pie & Vanilla Ice Cream

tunisian, I am the same way....I always leave the house clean whenever we go out of town. Of course, with two boys and a DH, it doesn't last long once we return!! :roll:

Not sure what I want to do today...we don't have any plans...just a lazy day. I should probably get some [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] done....fun....NOT!

Good morning!

Aria - I get like that too every now and then. It's just a phase that will pass, especially after you melt a great smelling tart that will put any candle to shame.

This morning I'm melting -

YC - Sparkling Snow

CFTKR - Autumn Pear

I'm also burning -

YC - Napa Valley Harvest (not my kind of scent but I paid $5 for the candle so it gets burned) and Cranberry Chutney.

Morning!

RVC, SH. Love this. Using the last of a bag.

Apple Pie Ice Cream, LOL

Biscotti, CM&M

Ruby Red, WnS. A good grapefruit scent.

Raspberry Lemonade, WnS

Mele Kalikimaka, WnS

Cucumber Ivy Mint, AMS