The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

Melted Dutch Apple Crunch from Almost Country all day yesterday while I took down all my decorations...

I've got Pink Cotton Candy Cake from Crosscreek going today...yum!

Sharonana and Aria, your emoticons are so funny. [smilie=th_12E9EC16] Aria, I saw that big, beautiful moon last night.

Olive, I'm switching out my decorations today too. Out with the spooky ghosts and in with the turkeys. :shock: It's still too hot here for November, but I'm making my best Autumn effort.

added:

YC - Pomegranate Fruit jar

SC - Southern Peach Cobbler

The Huckleberry Layne Apple Mint is wonderful. I don't care much for mint scents since they are usually peppermint but this one is Spearmint. It made the entire house smell so nice and fresh. Last week I tried HL Vanilla Bean Supreme--if you are a caramel lover then this one is for you. It was so rich and creamy smelling it was like drowning in a vat of caramel.

At the moment I have on Yankee Mac and Peach and Christmas Cookie and I just got a brand new Autumn Fruit lighted plug in so that should start smelling before long.

Hi everyone,

Trep, those two HL scents sound divine! I'll have to get some when I eventually place my first HL order. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Im melting Can-Do's Mimi's House. [smilie=th_aa20] This is terrific! I want to go to Mimi's House, whoever she is and wherever she lives. :shock:

The most prominent note is a whole bushel of red apples with just-picked freshness from the tree. I'm not smelling much spice and definitely no bakery at all, just a natural fruity goodness of raw apple. The scent description says "potpourri" but I don't think so, unless it's apple potpourri. [smilie=th_Drglar] Definitely no floral that I can tell. Also mentioned is "wood floors" and I would never in a million years come up with that on my own, but when I read it, I said, "Oh YES!! What a fabulous combination!"

Gail, now Googling "Mimi's House." Wish me luck! If I find it, you all can come along too! [smilie=th_snoopy]

Gail, did ya find out where Mimi's House is? [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid]

I love that scent as well. Super strong.

For most of the afternoon, we enjoyed YC Cinnamon & Sugar...love. Spent most of the time cleaning my oldest DS's room upstairs....ugh, the dust![smilie=th_slider_flirt] Anyhow, it's all clean. He is not much for doing the cleaning himself, but he sure seems to enjoy that it is dust free and tidy. It needed a "mom's touch".

Think I'll melt YC Napa Valley Harvest tonight....

Gail, did ya find out where Mimi's House is? :lol:

[smilie=th_thwhatshesaid] I wanna know where Mimi lives, too. :lol: Aria - maybe we should find Mimi first and let her know Gail's bringing a bus of ...ummmm.....enthusiastic (didn't wanna say wild & crazy! :lol: ) scentaholics w/her. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

I put on LOL's Scarecrow Cupcakes before I went out to rake leaves and when I came back inside, the house smells awesome! Delicious scent! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

leavesgirl.gif Hello! It was a beautiful fall day here in Alabama...about as fall as it can get. wink.gif

Thank you Jules. I like my silly little turkey too. Thanksgiving is my husband's most favorite day of the year. He looooooooves turkey. hungryturkeysmiley.gif He always smokes a turkey, and it tastes so good.

Puppy, as always, your description of tarts is awesome. clapping.gif

I am still melting Pure Scents Coconut Milk and Lavender. It is such a lovely scent. It's not in your face, but you know it's there.

thc067.gif

Mimi's in for a surprise!

Melting Full Moon - Cafe Machiato = [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

I still have laundry left in the dryer to fold. Can't I be finished for today? I'd like to use my free pass, Pat Sajak.

Well, I guess my next melt will be Mimi's House. I'm feeling like I really need to try it and soon! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

This evening I'm melting Harvest Spice Cake from Blue Gecko in the LR and FR. Strong and good! 47b20s0.gif

Sharonana, thanksgiving is my fav. holiday too! I love turkey and fall is my fav. season. I also love it because it is a non-commercialized holiday.

melted one of Carol's cinnamon buns all day. tonight I put on Nene's apple caramel crunch pie. wow it is strong and very very good.

that coconut milk lavender sounds lovely.

have a good eve all.

Gail, did ya find out where Mimi's House is? :lol:

[smilie=th_thwhatshesaid] I wanna know where Mimi lives, too. :lol: Aria - maybe we should find Mimi first and let her know Gail's bringing a bus of ...ummmm.....enthusiastic (didn't wanna say wild & crazy! :lol: ) scentaholics w/her. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

I put on LOL's Scarecrow Cupcakes before I went out to rake leaves and when I came back inside, the house smells awesome! Delicious scent! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

sweet, I'll be right there to pick you up....thAirplane.gif Let's go find Mimi's House! Anyone else wanna come?

Jason, I remember you asked about Blueberry Muffin. Well, Blueberry Scone is much better. The wick on my candle is also a dud.

Tonight's melts are:

YC - Cranberry Chutney

YC - Autumn Fruit

Nene's - Nilla Wafers

Burning:

YC - Rhubarb Plum

YC - Farmer's Market

KOTL - Cabernet (bleh!) [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Tonight is Sandalwood and Bee Blossom by Candle Dippers.

Scent sleuths I need help! I am trying to remember who makes a tart called Twilight Dream - a lavender/smokey blend. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] Anyone remember seeing this before?

Not sure, Debra, but it sure sounds good. I hope you find out who has it.

Ending with Banana Nut Bread, Country Chunkie. Very nice.

G'night all!