The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

Christmas has officially started in our house. It was somewhat of a warm day this afternoon and I had some free time on my hands. I put the outside lights up (DH will do the icicles this weekend) and put up the little tree that goes in our family room as well as the baby trees in the bedrooms. On Thanksgiving we'll do the big tree and the banister. I also took out the glass mosaic Christmas tart burners that I got at the YC outlet this summer. I have Carol's Cranberry Peppermint melting in the family room.

Just popping in for a few minutes in between outings today. I'm melting Can-Do's Grandma Thompson's Secret Recipe. It's okay but not a fave and not a reorder. I know, I KNOW! So many of you love it! My nose is rather warped, I suppose. [smilie=th_idontknow]

Gail

MaggieMae, I will have to add "Something the Lord Made" to our Netflix queue. I love Alan Rickman (Snape from the Harry Potter movies)--he's one of my favorite actors!

Sandoz~ Me too! You probably already know that he was the bad guy in the first "Die Hard"....my DS was amazed that it was "Snape"....lol.

Melting one tart in Cracklin' Birch from Kountry Lights....it is nice and strong without any headache. It's perfect for this fall evening.

The UPS man just stopped by with my Woodwick tart order. Plopped in Frasier FIr right away! Lovin' it.

LLVV-wow, you really decorate for Christmas! I have a co-worker that puts up small trees in everyone's bedroom too. I plop a wreath on the door and call it good. LOL How is Carol's cranberry peppermint? I saw that listed and was curious as to how it would be. I can't use my imagination to figure out how that combo would be.

Olive-I LOVE Nene's sugared spruce. It lasts a long time and is not nose-hair singing pine. I'm funny about pine/balsam scents. You can smell the sweet in it. oh, so nice. I'm hoarding my 2 sweet snow pine from Nene's. gosh, that is so good too.

got my house cleaned so am now melting GG Little Red Riding Hood in the LR. I'm on the fence about this one. It definitely is herbal. I can't figure out what else. I've got HFO Slatin Leaves in the kitchen going. It does pair well with the LRRH.

Rose Petals in the bath from CHC. and Stella type from Nene's in the BR.

have a good eve, all.

This evening I am melting SSS Clean Kiddos in the bedroom (my all time favorite) and Candy Cane in the computer room. Thats it here.

Thanks again everyone, for all your words of encouragement regarding the vertigo and over 40 issues. I WILL make it, this I am sure of. I am just exhausted from feeling icky.

I have had vertigo off and on my entire life, on top of severe motion sickness. I can't even swing without my stomach and head getting all weird. Its just that my mid 40's seem to be making the vertigo much worse. I am sure its a hormone thing.

Have a great night everyone.

Home late from work, no new melts - I also have had an old HoT going today on the 24w - Charlotte's Evil Stepsister. It has been going about 12 hours and still powerful. I like the scent better with now that it has melted awhile and mellowed.

Morning!

Peppermint Patty, Kreations by Kathie

Amish Quilt, LOL

Fruity Loops, AMS

7Up Pound Cake, S&S

I was too pooped to change out many scents yesterday - the Aloe & White Lilac from LOL was a very pretty scent and lasted all day.

Good morning gang!

In the mood for something different this morning, so it's Blue Sugar from Can-Do. Forgot how much I love this scent.

wow Cyn, late to bed, early to rise. lol

Sharon, I love your little cheerleader emotis. too cute.

I got up @4 something today. went to bed early last night because the GG Little Red Riding Hood was blowing me out of the room. haha I'm still undecided on this one. sometimes I like it, other times I'm repulsed by it. Anyone ever experienced that? I know someone mentioned that same thing with Nene's Luxor Linen. I think I understand. when I woke up this morning, it was still going strong although it had mellowed some and even after I wiped it out well and plopped Nene's bahklava(one of my favs of hers) in it, it still mingled. and I only used half a scent shot so this one is a strong one. I think most will like it. I think I'm the oddball.

CHC Lily of the valley in the bath and YC Napa in the br.

have a good day, all.

Nothing melting yet today. I'm off to work in a bit BUT one of my best friends is coming up to Long Island today, from North Carolina. We WILL be melting something later. Maybe with a nice glass of wine.

Tomorrow night is the New Moon movie and then Sat. its NYC..........here we come!

If I do not get back here for a few days, have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Good morning!

I just got my meatballs into the crockpot and cleaned the downstairs so I'm finally ready to enjoy the rest of the day.

I'm melting -

Carol's Thankful (this is starting to grow on me) and Cranberry Peppermint.

Tunisianwife - Have you ever smelled Yankee's Cranberry Peppermint? This smells exactly like it with a great throw.