The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

This thread is sure funny tonight. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Artistic license, Debra? [smilie=th_jaja]

My storage room is cleaned and organized. I did stumble across a few forgotten treasures. I really thought I knew exactly what I had, candle-wise, like a dog that knows where all of the bones are buried. I was [smilie=th_cha60] to find some old YC swirls and a forgotten container of assorted melts. My candle lockdown is in effect immediately.

Tonight's scent is Crosscreek Coca-cola because I'm so thirsty right now.

Cyn, I would love to have those. I love Suds and Light tarts! Dabbadooey@bellsouth.net

Recent melts:

Haley's black raspberry vanilla (strong)

GHBT cashmere and silk (weak)

CHC red velvet cake (zilch!)

The Tart Shack spice drop (doubled up...moderate)

CYS apples and maple bourbon (really strong and yummy)

CYS bello E Caldo (weak)

primitive Kountry orange blossom (tripled up...zilch!)

:?

Tunisian eats dog biscuits! :?

Tonight I'm melting a retired YC tart from the days of yore, Berry Crumble. It smell nice...think I will light my SH Mixed Berry Crumble candle to go with it. Also have lit a brand new YC Sparkling Snow in the BR. Hope everyone has a great night!

Hi!

I haven't had much time to read through the posts today. i've been going non-stop. I finally have a few minutes to sit down and post.

I'm melting Carol's Brown Sugar Pound Cake (love this one) and burning YC's Harvest and Creme Brulee.

Tunis~ TOO funny about the biscuits....but....actually they sound kinda good.... :?

Melting Vanilla Grapefruit from CHC in two warmers...even for this old wax it's moderate in strength. Not too shabby.

I'm melting Haley's Butter Cream Cupcakes.

Ewww way to strong for me. I had to open the windows.oath.pngThis is very heavy on the butter cream. (very strong)

Darlingj – I like Country Apple from Can-Do too. rollingf.gif

Barbita and Gail – It’s nice to hear you are enjoying your WoodWick candles. (Vanilla Bean is my favorite.) loveshower.gif

Tonight I'm burning Crossroads - Sugar Cookie. Yummmy!

Colonial jar...Golden Pear......really a good scent. I tried burning this one a few months ago and wasn't that thrilled with it at all; now with the cooler weather it smells so yummy!

"The sumptous aroma of fresh pear and apple is blended perfectly with creamy caramel and spices of cinnamon, clove and nutmeg. "

I smell mostly the fruit notes and a subtle caramel note...not sharp at all. The spices are very subtle as well. Excellent blend.

Have a nice night everyone!

matchboxsmile.gif

I am soo happy! I'm melting Haley's White Tea & Ginger. I love this because it's strong and very herbal.

Happy,Victory_Dance_by_Soulnova.gifHappy,98ad238c0fe68fb3b0d1ffd26bfeecee.gifJoy,_dance__revamped_by_bad_blood.gifJoyPut_your_fingers_in_the_air_by_Droneguard.gif

It's been a riot on the board today. :lol:

Thanks, Denny. I hope I like Vanilla Bean as much as you do!

Golden Pear sounds so deelish, Aria! As does that White Tea & Ginger of yours, Barbita.

I'm burning a layered pillar in Vanilla, Amber, and Sandalwood. It was a gift, so I don't know where it came from. It's very, very attractive but the scent is fairly weak. That's okay though. Amber and Sandalwood don't really float my boat.

I was organizing my YC sale tarts a little while ago and they were spread out on the kitchen counter. DH walks by and says, "Uh oh, you're getting low! Time to shop!" [smilie=th_sml29] But what an IDIOT I am! [smilie=th_a056] I actually said, "Ah no, I'm okay. These are just a few I bought yesterday." Whazzamattawithme??? Somebody needs to slap me silly! :?

Night all!

Gail

A big thank you goes out to all the Veterans of our great nation who have served our country proud!

Late night melt is SSS - Vanilla Cream and still burning Crossroads - Sugar Cookie.

Happy Veteran's Day everyone and God Bless all our vets and our active duty military personnel. I started the day out with Huckleberry Layne's new Vanilla Clove. If you are a clove lover and like a good strong clove scent coupled with a rich vanilla background, this one is for you. Very nice combo.

Have a great day everyone.

A Salute to Veterans' Day! [smilie=th_a056]

Trep, I've been wanting to try Huckleberry Layne, but their shipping is so high! :?

Just Tarts frankincnse and myrrh (doubled up...weak)

Can-Do windchimes (strong)

Good Morning! A big salute to all our Veterans and those who serve our country! thflag.gif

This morning it's Slatkin Ginger Vanilla. It's so dark when I first get up, so I light candles in the morning now. It's nice and easy...no fussin' with melts and tealights!!! lol

As a matter of fact, for some reason, I've really been loving my candles more than my melts lately....

trep, you are tempting me with that Vanilla Clove candle!!!

Happy Veteran's Day!

Great, Dabba! I shot you an email.

Too funny about your buried bones, Jules. Any chance we'll see some p0rn?

RVC - Cloud Nine

Macadamia Nut Cookie - AMS

Sugar Pie - CCS

good morning all and yes, a day to remember and reflect on all our military past and present. Where would we be without them? I'm a huge WWII buff; my dad was a WWII vet. I am sure the military channel will have some good programs on.

Barbita, too much butter? ooh, I'd love it.

Gail, that is too funny and yes, honesty is the best policy especially where our spouses are concerned. lol

Jules that is too funny about your lost treasures. pays to clean out those closets and cupboards.

barbita I know I've said this before but I love how you include the gauge of your melt strengths in ( )

this morning it's Grandmas Kitchen from CHC and relit the rose petals in the bath. glad it is strong and I can blow out the tlight because I'm getting very low on them. I'm thinking of getting another electric melter so I'm not going through so many of those buggers.

Good morning!

I'm melting Carol's Pumpkin Bread and Caramelized Apple Praline. I'm also burning YC's Harvest and Creme Brulee.

~~A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR VETERAN'S~~respect-046.gif

I'm melting Haleys.... Mrs. Claus Cookies. I love this scent. Bakery and butter and not overly sweet. One of my favs. (strong) and yummie.

I hope it's alright that I post this poem in honor of Veterans Day.

They Did Their Share

On Veteran’s Day we honor

Soldiers who protect our nation.

For their service as our warriors,

They deserve our admiration.

Some of them were drafted;

Some were volunteers;

For some it was just yesterday;

For some it’s been many years;

In the jungle or the desert,

On land or on the sea,

They did whatever was assigned

To produce a victory.

Some came back; some didn’t.

They defended us everywhere.

Some saw combat; some rode a desk;

All of them did their share.

No matter what the duty,

For low pay and little glory,

These soldiers gave up normal lives,

For duties mundane and gory.

Let every veteran be honored;

Don’t let politics get in the way.

Without them, freedom would have died;

What they did, we can’t repay.

We owe so much to them,

Who kept us safe from terror,

So when we see a uniform,

Let’s say "thank you" to every wearer.

By Joanna Fuchs

On my recent trip up north, I received a number of things from my 98 year old aunt who passed this year. Among them were my uncle's WWII medals, military paperwork, and his WWII photo album. It brings it very close to home to remember why we honor veterans.

Yesterday I melted LOL's Upside-Down Pear Gingerbread Cake. WOWZA!!!! A very, very definite reorder.