The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

November's Feast of Scents

Good Morning Everyone!

I am actually burning BBW Slatkin & CO. Leaves

This smells so amazing I love it. On a tip from a post I read here, I also bought some coconut oil to put a dab in with the oil to make it last. It's amazing!! It really does stretch the scent. I was using a little water, but the scent wouldn't last nearly as long. I am one happy camper!!

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Good Morning Peeps!

Nice morning weather wise here. Lit my Slatkin Ginger Vanilla 3 wick....so wonderful. I am hoping these go on sale again before the holidays. I 'd love to get another Ginger Vanilla and definitely an Evergreen.

Lovely, yep, the coconut oil works like a charm, doesn't it? The oils are great when you want a quick burst of scent right away.

Gail, all this WW talk is making me want to go get one!! [smilie=th_cha60] JK.... [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

trep, would love to hear how North Pole compares to Jack Frost...are they similar? Haven't melted any NP tarts yet....LOVE Jack Frost though!!!!

Good morning.

This morning iIm melting CHC-Egyptian Dragon and burning SCH jar candle in Bayberry. I hope everyone is having a good morning and it's time for another cup of Smores coffee. yummy... [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

I always feel like a silly newb posting in here, but...tonight I am melting LOL's Frosted Cupid Cookies. I melted this allllll of yesterday and it still smells great and very edible.

Please don't feel silly posting. That Frosted Cupid Cookies scent sounds great.

I'm melting Slatkin's Pumpkin Patch today.

Good morning to all.

I'm melting SSS Vanilla Lime. I love this refreshing scent. (strong)

I am also a fan of Woodwick Candles. Denny, here on the forum got me started on them.

I love the way they crackle as they burn. It sounds like your own personal cozy fireside. For_Charsane__s_Contest__B_by_Gnog.gif

Hello! I dug through my stash at home, and brought some ones to school. We are trying LOL's Pineapple Cilantro for the first time...MOUTHWATERING! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] It smells so fresh and juicy I want to lick it!! Maybe not such a good thing, cause now I am STARVING!

darling, it is so strange how sometimes when you're melting something yummy you get such a sweet craving. That happened to me the first time I melted one of Carol's bear claws. OMG, I was jonesing for something buttery and gooey and had nothing.....except for some homemade organic dog muffins I had bought at a 'barktoberfest'. Yep, you guessed it...ok I was really desperate. but the good news is, the ingredients were fit for human consumption. pumpkin,dried cranberry,carob,peanut butter, organic oat flour, canola oil, etc.

ok, open the confession curtain [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

I have to get some of that coconut oil the next time I'm at Walmart.

I love leaves HFO too.

Tunisian, did you actually eat the dog muffins?? [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Just finished melting suds and Light golden delicious apple...really good scent, but on the moderate side. sadly I only have a few of her tarts left [smilie=th_cha60]

I read about the coconut oil on this site also and it works!

I went to Yankee this past weekend and bought the Mountain pine and red berry cedar one..cant remember the exact name. Love them both.

Good Morning Everyone!

I am actually burning BBW Slatkin & CO. Leaves

This smells so amazing I love it. On a tip from a post I read here, I also bought some coconut oil to put a dab in with the oil to make it last. It's amazing!! It really does stretch the scent. I was using a little water, but the scent wouldn't last nearly as long. I am one happy camper!!

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Your emoticon banana was dancing to the exact beat of the music I had on. [smilie=th_cha60]

eta: it was Greenday Live Without Warning btw

For this afternoon, we are enjoying...

YC Macintosh jar in the living room

Busy Bee Oatmeal Scotchies melt in the kitchen

These two scents are mixing nicely together....smells really delicious.

Thanks, gail and jason - I wish MY pies look that good!

Cyn, tt and tunis - I think she hit Angie's BOGO sale...and you are right, it was true confessions after because I couldn't resist asking her how many tarts she had...and turn about is fair play, unfortunately! So, I took artistic license and "downscaled" my description of my stash a bit. No need to embarrass myself with a newbie! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] She will learn soon enough.

Tuscadero's 7up pound cake.

Aria--the Yankee North Pole is a much softer scent than Jack Frost. Where with Jack Frost you have a sharp, strong peppermint scent, this North Pole is mixed with vanilla. Now, after it first was completely melted the peppermint was more prominent. After about 5 hrs it had lessened to where you were getting more of the vanilla. I personally liked it a lot as I don't like a super strong peppermint smell. Hope this helps, Nancy

After a very stressful day its time to relax. I have melting CCCC Scarecrow Hollar, CCCC

All Hallow's Eve and Haley's Hillbilly Homebrew.

Tonight I am going out to dinner with some friends. Trep-Thanks for the descriptions of YC North Pole and Jack Frost. I have a jar of Jack Frost from last year. I bought it because I know lots of people on the forum loved it. The North Pole sounds good because I like scents that are mixed with vanilla.

Candle, enjoy your dinner out. nice you don't have to cook

Dabba, yep I sure did! LOL

Debra, that is too funny that you lowered the number on your stash and yes, she'll learn soon enough. I have to say that I am not a hoarder, and don't like alot of clutter. I actually don't have chests-full or closets full of them. I like to use up a bit before I order and my orders are never huge amts to the tune of two seperate UPS shipments like some here. uh hem not mentioning any names, Cyn [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Trep, I would like that North pole. I don't like a strong peppermint in a tart(I don't think, never really tried it). I too like things combined with vanilla. I did order peppermint bark from someone though; can't remember who. I do have 4 orders waiting to come.

just got done grooming and bathing the dogs. so nice to sit down and relax to nice smells, isn't it?

melting Carol's cinnamon buns mmm, they are so good

in the bath I have CHC rose petals. This is so good if you like rose, which I do. I actually had to turn it off. smells just like YC fresh cut roses but was stronger. very nice.

Good evening

I haven't posted her in a while.

this evening I started a brand new jar from YC Balsam & Cedar, we will see how that one will do, as YC has been such a dissappointment recently.

I also have YC tart in Macintosh Spice going- not much of a scent

Scentsy- White Tea & Cactus- wonderfull, so clean and relaxing

and

EW- Vanilla Sandalwood

Hi buddies,

It's been a busy and productive day around here. I got some chores done, but more importantly, I made a quick dash to BBB to use a $5 off coupon for - ta da! - another Wood Wick candle, heh heh. :lol: This one's in Vanilla Bean. I hope it's as good as Cider, after all the raving I've been doing.

Tunisian, thanks, you should try out Wood Wick too. See what you think of the whole package. [smilie=yes] That's hilarious about the dog muffin, BTW!

Aria, so glad you didn't really intend to beat me up! I'm not responsible anyway, ya know. I just give out the info like everybody else and if you find the need to purchase, don't blame me!! [smilie=th_cha60]

Barbita, I love your little fireplace emoticon. Mini fireplace, just like Wood Wicks! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Darling, LOL Pineapple Cilantro sounds wonderful!! I think I'd like that one a lot. Gimme.

Michele, I hope you have a relaxing evening.

I'm melting Yankee's Sweet Strawberry. Another big winner around here. Those posts I made in the past about not being much of a Yankee fan... I just might have been a bit of an ignoramus. [smilie=th_jaja]

eta: :? Hi DesertRose. Nice to "see" you here!

Gail

Tunisian, did you actually eat the dog muffins?? [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Just finished melting suds and Light golden delicious apple...really good scent, but on the moderate side. sadly I only have a few of her tarts left [smilie=th_cha60]

I think I have several of these in my stash (various scents and think I even have some Golden Delicious Apple left) - would you like them? ETA: I may have spoken too soon. I'm trying to find the box of them now. Hopefully I still have them. I'll look closer when I get back home from work in a bit.

Getting a good chuckle out of these posts tonight - much needed!

Hot Orange Danish - Angie's. Nice but too light.

Tribal Nights - AMS

OMG, I was jonesing for something buttery and gooey and had nothing.....except for some homemade organic dog muffins I had bought at a 'barktoberfest'. Yep, you guessed it...ok I was really desperate. but the good news is, the ingredients were fit for human consumption. pumpkin,dried cranberry,carob,peanut butter, organic oat flour, canola oil, etc.

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb] [smilie=th_cha60] Too funny! But, it did have good ingredients in it. How'd it taste? :? I don't know if I'd be brave enuf to try it. Maybe if it had frosting on it..... [smilie=th_jaja]

Melting CrossCreek's Night Before Christmas. Soooo good!