The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Best coconut tart?

I love coconut scents too. The latest one I've gone completely ape over is Can-Do's Lessie's Coco Mint Frost. :? It's so fantastic I can hardly stand it.

Gail

Yankee has a nice coconut scent called Coconut Cove, I have burned a jar candle and it is light, but the scent is good, so I would think the tart would be stronger. I haven't tried the tarts yet. Its a nice coconutty scent.

Debbie

Hi MaggieMae. =)

It can be a mix, but I would like a strong coconut scent to it.

I ordered a coconut macaroon, coconut creme Easter egg and a coconut creme pie tart from Nene's.

I'll see how I like those. She has a coconut milk with a moderate throw, but I was looking for something a little stronger.

I do like to buy the bags of crumbles from her. I like to mix vanillas and coconuts with some of the fruity stuff.

And now that I am done with my novel, [smilie=th_baaaaa] :P ...y'all have a great night. [smilie=th_sml29]

For a less foody coconut, I recommend Blue Moon Candles - Exotic Coconut.

Also Angle Made Scents (closed) had one called Kona Nut or something that I really liked. I saw that scent somewhere else, but I can't rememeber where. Does anyone know the scent I'm talking about? I don't think I got the name right.

Sharon~

AMS has a great Coconut Craze (lemon, orange, pineapple, lime, caramel, coconut, buttercream, vanilla and musk) and you DO smell the coconut in there. They also have a Country Vanilla that is vanilla and coconut and very good! I know they are closed right now so that doesn't really help.

CFTKR used to have a really nice Coconut Cream Cake with a good mix of the cake and the coconut. I'm not sure if she still has it...so I don't think that helps you.

Nene's Orange Coconut Cream Torte is TDF!!! So it her Coconut Mango!

And I totally agree with Gail, Can-do's Lessie's Cocomint Frost is excellent!

Wish I could be of more help to you, but have fun with the search! [smilie=snoopy]

Thank you MaggieMae. You have been a great help! :shock:

I just got my Nene tarts and I did order the orange coconut cream torte. I have also melted her coconut mango. They are both great.

Think I'm gonna have to get some of that Lessie's cocomint frost. Looks like it's a winner with many. [smilie=snoopy]

***update***

So I got Coconut Macaroons, Coconut Cream Pie and Coconut Cream Easter Egg...all from Nene.

I liked the first two although they were light. I didn't care for the easter egg one.

I also got a Coconut Milk and Lavender AND a Coconut Cupcake from CCCC that was nice, but yet again not strong.

Still in search of the elusive strong smelling coconut! Laughing_2.gif

Thank you all for your help. icon_heart-1.gif

Thanks for the update, Sharonana. It's a shame though that nothing much so far has been very exciting for you. [smilie=th_1084]

I dug around in my spreadsheets looking for more ideas. I adored Carol's Caribbean, although it's not just coconut. It's also got pineapple and ice cream. My notes say it was really fantastic, long lasting and strong. I still remember how much I enjoyed it.

Another one that I rated highly was Carol's Coconut Hibiscus. It wasn't one I thought I'd enjoy (it was part of a sampler) but I went crazy for it.

Onward with the search! :lol:

Gail

Sharonana:

Why don't you try the Coconut from CYS? It is simply that, Coconut, nothing else. I have a large open area in the front so it gives a light to medium throw BUT in the back it is different and it gives a medium to strong throw. You could contact Judy and ask her about ordering a few to give them a try. Doesn't hurt.

Cisley

I enjoyed the Coconut Milk and Lavender from Deana. I guess if I put a tart in every melter I own, I would be in coconut heaven. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Coconut Hibiscus sounds heavenly. I've never ordered from CYS, so that is another vendor I need to try.

Thanks for all the suggestions and enabling ladies!

smiley-hug001.gif