The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

tea lights for burning?

Mona, don't know that I'm gonna love the Ikea tealights, just thought I'd give it a shot. Personally, I never relight a tealight, I just chuck it if I have to blow it out. You can't really tell how much time you have left when you relight.

I like the tealights from World Market. Like Jason, I like a nice steady flame instead of long burn time....4 hours is fine with me. World Market tealights usually last b/t 4 - 5. The BB&B tealights also work great.

tunisianswife, I learned a little tip here at CF regarding HFOs. If you add a small amount of coconut oil to your HFO, it will not evaporate from the warmer. You will always have a small amount of oil left and no worries about burning your warmer! I am thinking it was slpit and/or Cat01 who shared this great tip! I found coconut oil at the health food store.

Yea, I'm not sure why I ever did relight them. I'm thinking that was when I didn't melt as much. I'm looking forward to your review sillysmom!

Jason:

Thank you SO MUCH for posting about the Mainstay tealights at Walmart.

We went there last night on our way home from Puyallup and wow, $1.50 for 25 of them and they are not shallow, they are deep and I have been using them all day today with great results. So, again, thank you. Spending $6.00 for 30 has really dented into my melting pot so now I will have more $$$ for scented wax. YIPEE!!!

Cisley

I purchased some t lites from a local gift shop. They were fragranced. It was one of those "I'll buy something" purchases. Lit them and burned them about an hour. The wicks were as big as mushrooms and the flames were going everywhere. Some of them cracked their plastic shells. I would LOVE to post their name as I feel it is a safety issue. They are not on the board for review. This company is in Texas. All I can say is they need a better product.

Cheryl

I haven't tried any of the above brands since I am a newbie, but I wanted to put my two cents in of what not to buy. I drove 20 minutes (to the not so nice part of town) to get the 144 tealights from Big Lots. I think they were about $6-$7 for the bag so that is a really good deal, but the quality seems to be lacking. I use them with my yankee sleigh burner and get maybe 2 1/2 - 3 hours out of each one. The flame always ends up burning sideways even if I make sure the wick is straight, making the wax melt on one side and stay solid on the other. I really would not recommend these and will be trying BB&B next time.

Speaking of tealights. I bought some of the Cost Plus new flat tealights, 100 for $4.99 or something and the first package worked great, the second package, not so great so I returned them and with the new coupon I had, bought the package of 50 and even though I do get an occasional off center wick or two, they are much a much better quality.

I also like B&BW but WAY too expensive compared to Cost Plus or Walmart.

Cisley