The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Amaretto Eggnog

Mmmm...sounds yummy! I hope Carol offers this one in the near future.

Edit: Hey, you know what. Doesn't Crosscreek offer this one? Thinking back, I think I ordered this one from her a couple of years ago.

Deana at Crosscreek is one of the vendors I asked, since I have a small order in with her right now. She doesn't have amaretto. [smilie=th_clap1] I may have to pass on CBV. The tarts are $$ and shipping is a little high for the size of my order.

Wow, really? Hmmm...I think I ordered it from somewhere. I'm sure it had to be sure. Maybe she discontinued it.

She said she used to carry Amaretto Tiramisu, but it wasn't a big seller. She did think of another blend that might be yummy and I found Amaretto Nog at Cheryl's! I'm on a mission. [smilie=th_clap1]

Good news Lisa! [smilie=th_aa17] I have CBV's Amaretto Eggnog. [smilie=th_clap1] Now the not so good news. :? It's not new, probably at least a year old. I'll be happy to pop it in the mail for U to try if U want to try an elderly one. I don't know if it's as strong as when I first got it, or not. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Also, Crosscreek did make an Amaretto Nog. It was one of the first one's I ordered from her. Unfortunately, I didn't make any comments by it, so I don't know how it was. :oops: Guess it's a moot point, tho, since she doesn't make it anymore. :P

Phew...glad to know I'm not going crazy. After thinking about it for a while I was sure that I ordered it from Deanna.

gee, wish I could help.

What does the Amaretto smell like in comparison to an almond? I wonder if Carol or Deanna would experiment with the combo of those two for you? or at least ask them their thoughts on that combo?

Sweet, you're so....sweet! [smilie=th_316785e4] I think I'm going to pass, only because I have no plans to order from CBV right now. I don't think she has tart sales often and, wow, her prices are kind of high for me! Thank you so much.

Cisley, Can you smell the eggnog in Cheryl's blend? The description doesn't mention eggnog at all. I may get one Amaretto Nog cup and then a Rocky Mountain cup that has Amaretto Nog and Eggnog mixed together.

tunisianswife, that's exactly what Deana and I discussed! She blended one of her almond scents with eggnog. I believe it's got a pastry note, so it's not exactly what I was going for. It sure sounds good though! I should have my package in a few days.

Monalisa:

No, it's more Amaretto. You can always try a few but I don't think that is what you are looking for. CYS would not be what you are looking for either. Hers is a lot like Cheryl's only not as strong. Cheryl's Amaretto Nog will knock your socks off!!!

Cisley

Thanks, Cisley! I honestly don't know what I'm looking for having never smelled this blend. CBV's always sounded so good to me! I'm going to hold off for now though. I still have hopes that HoT will open soon and I want to place a PI order.

PI stated their Amaretto is a medium throw. I am going to get a couple of clamshells just to try it because Amaretto is not something a lot of vendors have.

Oh, I did get it from CBV and it was fine, it's just the wax is too hard to get out of a tealight holder so I make sure I am around and can pour it.

Oh, Sweet Surrender has Amaretto too. It is very strong and very good. Her tarts are kind of soft though but the fragrance was excellent. True Amaretto.

Cisley