The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Dabbadooey

October's Fragrance Festival

This sunny afternoon I've switched to:

Bear Claws from CanDo in the K and LR

Cucumber Melon from Country Home Candles in the BR

Slpit, your choices sound yummy!

Thanks Gail.

Thanks buddies. The Blueberry pie will live to melt another day.

Katzncandles, won't you be my neighbor? I want to hang out in your garden and eat fresh tomatoes. smiley-chores001.gif

I re-lit CFTKR's Kettle Corn and it grew on me. The scent's power kicked it up a notch after I signed off last night. A very enjoyable scent.

I also melted Clove Pomander this morning. A good scent but it didn't last long.

I don't remember if I mentioned Pumpin & Apple Strudel. Wow, that one was great! I melted it yesterday afternoon. So far, this one and Peppermint are the best of the new bunch. Loved them both!

Off to a birthday party and then out to dinner. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Jason, I have always had very good results with Yankee Harvest--both in the tarts and the candles. I wonder what is going on. I have a new candle I just got in it so will see if they have weakened it or something. HL Autumn Harvest really puts out the throw so you might want to try that. Don't you absolutely hate it when your wax won't smell right? Ruins the whole day at times when that happens to me.

For this afternoon I am continuing with YC Vanilla Cupcake and Juicy Cherry but have switched the other cherry to YC Christmas Cookie and I have an old White Barn Passionfruit and Guava candle in the bath. It is doing well and smells great so I guess its age hasn't hurt anything.

Do any of you who have BBW stores have one side of it that says Bath and Body Works and the other side is White Barn Candle? That is the way ours has always been even though the candles all say Slatkin now. Just was wondering. Yesterday at BBW they had their small jar candles in the Christmas scents for $5 as a preview and if you bought anything you got a holiday coupon book with some great savings inside. I had a coupon to spend $10 and get a free antibacterial hand soap ( the large ones) so I got 2 of the $5 Frosted Cranberry candles and my free soap. BBW has great deals if you ask me.

So far today I have been burning Hazelnut Coffee from Old Virginia, Rockslide Brownie from CBV and Snickerdoodle from Our Own Candle Company. The snickerdoodle is amazingly good. It is only a small "teezer" candle, and it has a great throw to it. They call them teezer candles, it is actually a votive that is already in a cup that you can burn it in.

:?

trep I agree that they do have great sales.(don't mean to hijack this thread), especially if you use a coupon or look on the back of your receipts. sometimes there is a phone survey that will give you $10 off on a purchase over a certain amt.(maybe $30?). I see more slatkins than I do WB but thought maybe it was because of the Perfect Autumn collection being out now.

CC Pumpkin cheesecake still going strong and it has been going 8 hours. also burning a spiced tea and wassail I got at a craft sale today in the LR, burning 'Heaven' that I also got today at the craft sale in the bedroom.

I too thought that of all the YC melts I just bought, Harvest was the strongest.

Katzncandles, won't you be my neighbor? I want to hang out in your garden and eat fresh tomatoes. smiley-chores001.gif

Okay Jules...please tell me how you are importing other smileys here. :lol:

I love smileys. My husband teases me about this. I have Incredimail for my email and I also have Smiley Central. :P

Short story...I have a fairly new car...2008 Hyundai Sonata. Someone backed into it about 6 months ago. So I take it to get an estimate and it's $468! [smilie=th_blij31-1] Of course my deductible is $500. :cry: Needless to say, I haven't had it repaired yet.

Almost done here...so I'm at Dollar General a few weeks ago and I see a smiley magnet with a big red tongue sticking out. It's $2 and I think it's perfect to cover the ding on my back bumper! :lol: :lol: :lol: I bought some double sided all weather tape and put it on my bumper.

I love it! :lol:

Having said all that...please share your knowledge with me! :?

Thank you my dear. :P Sorry for going O/T.

Thanks so much: This lady that does Mosiacs made it. It has mini white lights on a strand inside a glass block and the Mosiac horseshoe design is on the front. She can do about anything. She made a M & M guy for me as a wedding gift for a friend. It's my good luck light for the games.

Evenin'.....

Recent melts:

Can-do sugar butt...strong and yummy

The Tart Shack cornucopia...jury's out

Just Tarts sweet ornge and chili pepper...moderate

Just Tarts banana bread...jury's out

YC Boo!....weak

:?

I'm melting LOL's Blackberry Grapefruit. I don't know if it will stick around for the rest of the night. I'm in one of those moods where nothing is pleasing my nose!

Tonight I'm melting

Haley's Apple Cinnamon

Haley's Pumpkin Pie Spice

Have a nice evening everyone!

Dabba~all of the YC Boo's I've melted have been light! It's ashame because the cold sniff is so good.

Kim, your avatar is beautiful. It must really be something to see in person!

This afternoon I'm melting my first ever Candle Dippers wax. It's Autumn's Bounty and it's smooth, soothing, and wonderful! :lol:

Gail

Okay Jules...please tell me how you are importing other smileys here. :lol:

I love smileys. My husband teases me about this. I have Incredimail for my email and I also have Smiley Central. :P

Short story...I have a fairly new car...2008 Hyundai Sonata. Someone backed into it about 6 months ago. So I take it to get an estimate and it's $468! :lol: Of course my deductible is $500. :cry: Needless to say, I haven't had it repaired yet.

Almost done here...so I'm at Dollar General a few weeks ago and I see a smiley magnet with a big red tongue sticking out. It's $2 and I think it's perfect to cover the ding on my back bumper! :lol: :lol: :lol: I bought some double sided all weather tape and put it on my bumper.

I love it! :lol:

Having said all that...please share your knowledge with me! [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Thank you my dear. :shock: Sorry for going O/T.

Ha! Great fix and great story, Sharonana.

I copy/paste some smileys from this site http://www.freesmileys.org/

:lol: Smiley junkies.

I put on SSS Mulberry this evening. The kids say it smells like fruit snacks.

Jules; That sounds like a plan in the making...garden, candles, tarts, livations, B &B, sun, grillin'... life is good!!! :lol: :lol: Oh yea, some of this too. [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

I am so there! I'll bring the :shock: and even cheer for the Colts. They're football right? j/k